Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Perpet

TO's best acid is the 10% lactic imo. I found that Pixi Glow stuff too tacky and pretty underwhelming, but I haven't given it a good go
Hmm. Does contain HA but maybe worth trying anyway? The Superdrug HA serum, which I repurchased several times because Sali and everyone else on the forum swore it was amazing, despite the fact that it did nothing for me, (how was I such a sheep?) didn't actually do my skin any harm. But later I tried a hyaluronic acid spray and it did sting a bit. But maybe that's no reason to avoid any product with it in.

melfish

VIP Member
TO's best acid is the 10% lactic imo. I found that Pixi Glow stuff too tacky and pretty underwhelming, but I haven't given it a good go

Perpet

It’s the holy grail..... I tried a Trish McEvoy one a couple of years ago in Harvey Nicks and it was amazing... it wasn’t the one everyone goes on about, it was another (really flipping helpful I know) . I can’t remember which one it was and which shade now.... aagghhh under eyes are so, so hard.

Also, @Blahblahbuzzy I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through such a shit experience. Get yourself to a Bobbi counter toute de suite on 12th April ♥

I've long used the Collection one which is amazing and so cheap, but as it's not available here I will need to find a new one when my small stash runs out. Was thinking of trying the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Anyone use it?

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Sorry if it has been discussed but how does the glycolic acid help hair? My daughter is struggling with postpartum rubbish hair (brittle and breaking) - would it help with that?

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member
I’ve done some deep research (I remember her tweeting it) and she definitely said she used to go out with the male model with the hair in the Stay video by Shakespeare’s Sister.
Maybe that was him?
Interesting! I thought it was the Jake guy, the photographer. I'm sure she named him once in an article but The Pool disappearing means my deep research is not possible.

http://www.salihughesbeauty.com/columns/merry-christmas-2/ says she's knowing him since she was 16 here. I suspect some fudging of that.

Perpet

concealer - powder - more concealer on top - more powder
Yes, but any blemish that needs serious coverage demands this. How else would you manage to cover anything other than the smallest imperfection? I never powder under my eyes though. Sali looks like she does and it just isn't working for her.

melfish

VIP Member
Hmm. Does contain HA but maybe worth trying anyway? The Superdrug HA serum, which I repurchased several times because Sali and everyone else on the forum swore it was amazing, despite the fact that it did nothing for me, (how was I such a sheep?) didn't actually do my skin any harm. But later I tried a hyaluronic acid spray and it did sting a bit. But maybe that's no reason to avoid any product with it in.
Ah, crap. Forgot it had HA in it. I've been trying to avoid that lately too. Angie from Hot & Flashy swears by it. I use it after vitamin C, so I guess I can't really attest to it it's efficacy. I find most TO products ... not great. Most layer poorly and feel icky on.

Orangebird69

Looks bloody awful on her, all of it. The glasses are just NO, and there's a reason why fashion models are tall... she looks like she's raided her mums closet.

Word

Sure. Shit thing to say about Brighton’s beach which is perhaps what Brighton is famously synonymous with.

The Dowager

Chatty Member
After having a bath with the famous bath salts I recommend drinking a cup of Valerian tea (made with two tea bags) for a brilliant nights sleep! 😴
I used Valerian as a supplement for a tricky horse years ago, but never tried it myself. I’d do anything for an uninterrupted nights sleep though, so I’ll keep an eye out.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I don't really think it could be argued that donating luxury products to NHS workers is comparable to helping out those in hygiene poverty. Again, the NHS do trojan work and there's no question about that but they're gainfully employed.

I honestly feel it was Sali just attaching herself to the cause du jour. And as I said earlier, other essential workers have been ignored (not just by Sali, but in general). Where was the clap for supermarket workers and so on? Not that a clap solves anything but you know what I mean. They didn't get the recognition
The bb website states they distribute via other programmes such as Trussel Trust and other food banks. So it's not exclusive to the NHS?

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
I live in docs. Apart from solivair everything else looks like a try hard knock off.
I also love leopard print and Red lipstick, however, leopard should, for me, be in the form of boxy jumpers, scarves and dresses. I don't like it as a bottom half pattern normally, I wanna see it up top with my fake gold earrings and lippy. Genuinely that is what I wear.
You sound like my spirit animal. @Bazaar99