Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
This might be a *really* stupid question but you don't tie your hair back tightly sometimes do you? I find if I do it sometimes get what feels like slight bruising. (Took me ages to figure this out :LOL:)
I get this. It's like my actual hair follicles hurt

Reactions: 2

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
Off topic (but vaguely related) - anyone read my Dark Vanessa? About a schoolgirl’s ‘affair’ with her teacher - deeply uncomfortable read.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Botox question: Has anyone had it for jaw clenching/headaches? Worth it? My dentist reccomended it this morning at my check-up. It will apparently cost me $1000 AUD because of the dose required so not something I want to do without a bit of consideration! I didn't ask her how long it would last but I wouldn't imagine much longer than normal botox in the forehead or whatever right?

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I also think if you're going to wear them - do it right and wear doc martens. I hate those imitation docs
I have a great pair of DM’s ,I live in them all Autumn/Winter, I’m toying with buying some sandals for Summer but they take a while to break in and you can’t wear socks.

What would Sali do?🧐

Simplemind

Botox question: Has anyone had it for jaw clenching/headaches? Worth it? My dentist reccomended it this morning at my check-up. It will apparently cost me $1000 AUD because of the dose required so not something I want to do without a bit of consideration! I didn't ask her how long it would last but I wouldn't imagine much longer than normal botox in the forehead or whatever right?
I jaw clench and following that had muscle spasms in my masseter muscles. Incredibly painful and debilitating but luckily no visible twitching 🙏. In desperation rang local Botox clinic as would help but around £400. Then Dr suggested Valium as it’s a muscle relaxer and it worked. Bit of a zombie but it sorted it out in few days. Apparently CBT can help with jaw clenching. Dentist can make a shield too. Good luck. X

Perpet

Hi @Perpet i found the ordinary glycolic a bit sting-y, but I’ve used products with higher percentages that didn’t feel this way. Pixi is actually my favourite glycolic (not helpful!) but Aldi do a dupe at least some of the time which is around €5, you might not have issues with it? Not sure if they’re in Spain though. I’ve also found Nip & Fab to be irritating. First Aid Beauty facial radiance pads I found good but they are more expensive.
Oh, I've heard good things about the Aldi dupe! I haven't seen an Aldi since I moved here, but I've just googled it and there are actually three in Granada. Not sure if they have the skincare but worth taking a look. Thanks 😊

Mselvista

VIP Member
Sorry @Mselvista i sounded like a snippy cow, definitely wasn’t meaning to be :)

Also - not defending him at all!
Not at all! I wasn't clear in my post (large part of which was unintelligible 🤪) and I also wasn't defending Boohoo/Pretty Little Thing's practices. As I said I may be way off it just occurred to me because there seemed to be soo much dusgusted commentary. Also at Black Friday.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I thought exfoliation of the face was Bad. Or is that Hirons? Am I getting my gurus in a muddle.
Exfoliation is fine as long as it’s chemical (aha/bha/pha) and not physical (scrubby stuff). Sali’s using retinol as well which I bet she also puts around her eyes!

Mselvista

VIP Member
But then I remember her comments after the Caitlin Moran/Lena Dunham debacle. Behaved dreadfully.

Curio

Chatty Member
I like the videos she does about new finds in makeup, but I used to be able to figure out my shade a bit based on hers, I can’t do that now that she wears a darker colour but 🤷‍♀️ Actually, I think that might have been one of the reasons I originally followed her due to similar colouring, so was helpful.

accordionist

i know this wasn't the question you asked, no idea on botox. But i got an sleep clench inhibitor (made by the dentist) and it's worked wonders. Expensive in the first instance, but it's lasted years. Nice hannibal lecter vibe too.

The Dowager

Chatty Member
This is very much how I looked and felt the first time I spent an hour outside on a cloudy day after a couple of weeks using tretinoin. Had SPF 30 on, thought I’d be fine.

Boy oh boy do they mean it when they say use proper sun protection when using retinol 😱

• Haha