Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
It’s very very easy - I do not know how authentic it is.

roast a pork roast. Eat all the crackling without telling anyone in the house. Just sit there, with some salt and your crackling and eat it all up.

When you’ve stopped feeling sick, get a wok out. Use oil with a high burning point - sunflower or whatever. Chop up an onion and fry it. Put some chopped garlic in. When the onion and garlic have softened add the pork meat (Chop the meat into cubes first) then some ground cumin (2-3 tsp) and ground coriander (half a teaspoon). Then add light soy sauce and smooth peanut butter (about 4 tablespoons of peanut butter and maybe two of soy)

Before you start with the onion, boil some long grain rice (I use boil in the bag because I’m shit at rice) and hang onto it - put it in the wok after the meat/soy sauce/peanut butter.

then defrost a cup of frozen petit pois and Chuck them in. Stir it all up and try to not let the peanut butter burn and stick to the wok. Taste it and add more soy if you need it.

When it’s all hot, put it in bowls.

get an egg - whisk it up with soy, sugar and a bit of water. Fry it in a frying pan as thin as you can like a pancake. Shred it.

chop up raw tomatoes (baby plum ones are good).

Put the eggy stuff and raw tomato on top of the dirty rice stuff. Add a big spiral of sriracha.

Eat.
This is interesting. I have spent a lot of time trying to find a good recipe for Nasi Goreng (after eating the Indomie Mi Goreng noodles) and not one of them suggested or included peanut butter! 🤔

Reactions: 1

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Kitty is a very funny comedian here in Australia! She has lots of name recognition etc. I don’t think Sali will outside of people who read her column or are interested in beauty already.
I had never heard of Kitty but it was an Aussie neighbour who gave me the book, it was a fun read.

Perpet

The Ordinary do a glycolic toner that might be good for you? Nice big bottle, not expensive and they definitely deliver all over Europe.
They have other exfoliators too - salicylic, lactic etc. Worth a look: https://theordinary.deciem.com/gb/rdn-glycolic-acid-7pct-toning-solution-240ml.html
I'd actually looked at that one but was a little scared of it being 7% when I've previously only used 5%. Is it much stronger? Also, it's €27 in Spain when it's £6.80 in the UK. I have no idea why toiletries and cosmetics are so much more expensive here! The lactic acid is a more reasonable price but has hyaluronic acid which I've tried to avoid as I never found it effective and sometimes mildly aggravating. I assumed it was just me until some people here posted links about how it can cause reactions (contrary to Sali swearing that it's fine for absolutely everyone everyone.) I've switched back to products with glycerine and found them much better. The mandelic acid is also reasonably priced here but also contains HA. I realise that as prices are generally higher here I may have to pay more than I did in the UK, but paying three times the price for the same product is annoying, especially as my financial situation is a little precarious due to Covid.

I've been thinking about Inkey List. Has anyone tried any of their acids?

Edited to add: Beauty Bay appears to have it in stock for €8.75. The bottle looks a little different but I assume it's legit. In which case, is the 7% really a big step up from 5% or will it likely not make much difference? I'm wary of overdoing it.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Any. I am going to use up my glycolic and then try the salicylic 2% from REVOLUTION (£10 for a bottle) as I too have greasy roots.

Are you the poster who said that you have alopecia and that the chemical which causes that is found in sebum? If so, salicylic will be for you because whilst glycolic is good for surface exfoliation, salicylic or any other BHA can get into pores and dissolve sebum (which is why it’s recommended for acne prone skin).
Yep. That's me! Thanks for the info!

Badabing101

VIP Member
No, but I am definitely considering it for headaches. I frown a lot without realising which causes a lot of tension at the front of my head. Would be interested to hear the thoughts of others.
I would too! I know my sister’s MIL has had it for headaches with success.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
@MakkaPakka, I bought a pair last Summer and I ordered a medium in the regular length , I’m a 14/16 and 5ft 6in ( God, do I sound like Sali, apologies 😃) depending where I shop and these fit really well.
I’ve very recently bought another couple of pairs and they’re sized differently so I bought the 14 and I’d say they’re slightly less baggy than the medium from last summer but still a great fit and very comfy.

They really come into their own when you’re on a flight, perfect for our cooler weather and you cope with the heat when you get there.
Thanks!

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Anyone know where does the best sales on DMs? I want a new pair of boots but don't really want to pay full price at the moment.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I'm with you on that. I have more than I need though and yet I have bought 3 LE lipsticks before Christmas (beef-faced influencers. Tsk.). They're lovely.
I know what colours work on me and I don't see why I'd need to buy more. In the past when I tried new things they didn't work entirely too often. I don't need to spend a lot of money on disappointments.

I'm downsizing my beauty products. 10 years ago I had 200+ bottles of nail polish (bad time, borderline abusive relationship. I bought one after another as treats). I did get rid of a lot ('for each one you keep you have to toss one' worked well) and have about 30 left. I've been wearing them all in the last year and if I don't love them (awful brush, chips too much etc.) they're gone. I'll start the second round soon to get down to 10-15. Once I'm not working from home anymore I'll do the same with my lipsticks. Use it or lose it.
What do you do - throw them away or donate to a mate? (Have a lot of eyeshadow singles!)

Eurgh

VIP Member
I think Sali is still friendly with that boyfriend.
I’ve done some deep research (I remember her tweeting it) and she definitely said she used to go out with the male model with the hair in the Stay video by Shakespeare’s Sister.
Maybe that was him?