Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
La Hughes may have been overlooked in the New Years honours but she’s made it to the Big Issue change makers against poverty list 🙄
The line about Marcus rashford being rightly at number 1 is so patronising
This is what I mean by shameless self-promotion. She only mentioned MR to big herself up.

Reactions: 8
This is what I mean by shameless self-promotion. She only mentioned MR to big herself up.
Yep, always on the make. And the way she phrased the post to make it sound like she'd just found out, the faux surprise and humility. They probably called for entrants, or at least asked for the photo

Reactions: 8
Yes! Highlighting the fact she is on the same list as MR.

She has gone awfully quiet. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what does she actually do?

Reactions: 5
Yep, always on the make. And the way she phrased the post to make it sound like she'd just found out, the faux surprise and humility. They probably called for entrants, or at least asked for the photo
I thought this straight away too :unsure: A magazine is not going to feature you without giving you a heads up at least, but it's SUCH a surprise to be included 👀

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Yes! Highlighting the fact she is on the same list as MR.

She has gone awfully quiet. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what does she actually do?
She’s answered your post 😂
kind of, but not really. Writing what???

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s answered your post 😂
kind of, but not really. Writing what???
Hopefully something to replace that cheap crisps pinned post that's been sitting there proudly since early November

Or perhaps her published finally wants that unicorn of a book. You know, the one with the idea that no one else has ever had. That one

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Or perhaps her published finally wants that unicorn of a book. You know, the one with the idea that no one else has ever had. That one
That was on her agency bio last time I looked (within the last few weeks) - said it was due in either 2020 or 2021. Now it's not mentioned 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Didn’t I say waaay back* that I bet she’s writing a bleeping “vegetarian” recipe book.

That’ll be Parmesan on top there 🙄.

* possibly under another name

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Minestrone? Oh goody, the world needs more recipes for that, especially from a former beauty writer.:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I bet you it's a Nora Ephron inspired book. I love Nora Ephron but am so sick of mediocre middle class women being called 'the new Nora Ephron.' No, they are not. Including some very simple recipes amongst some self obsessed ramblings does not mean you've written the new Heartburn.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I would like to nominate “Sali Hughes: A mediocre, middle-class woman” for the next thread title!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Ah, a latter-day Alice B. Toklas :rolleyes:
Hope her publisher is using an independent test kitchen for those recipes

I would like to nominate “Sali Hughes: A mediocre, middle-class woman” for the next thread title!
Second that :m🥚:m

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.