Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's true though. If you're used to having the place to yourself for most of the day, having a cranky, retired husband getting underfoot suddenly, disrupting the usual flow of your day, would be so bleeping enraging.
My poor mother had this when Dad retired. He 'helpfully' would accompany her when she was doing the weekly shop. He would question every single thing she bought with 'why do we need that? We never use that'. She had been doing this shop unhindered for about 40 years and found it infuriating.

Reactions: 12
Since the start of March last year he has been having blaring loud meetings in the home study all day long. I'm getting a nervous eye twitch listening to him.
This. Completely. Why are they so loud? It is zoom not a can on a bit of string?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Currently sharing an office with Mr V and he is so loud on the phone. Also oblivious to my resentful looks and under breath huffs. Can’t wait til he goes back to work and leaves me to my office.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This. Completely. Why are they so loud? It is zoom not a can on a bit of string?
HELLO! HOW ARE YOU! WHAT TIME IS THERE?? (THEN 5 MINUTE CONVERSATION ON LOCKDOWN RULES IN RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES) BLAH BLAH FINANCIAL FORECAST, BLAH BLAH WE CAN EXPECT.

I literally hear this 10 x a day. At full volume.

Also: To me. What's for lunch/dinner? 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 23
This reminds of a story I saw on the local news here. There was a period where when we left the house we needed a signed declaration form in case we got stopped by the local police. One man got pulled over during the curfew time (so no one should be out at all barring emergencies etc). His reason for being out on his form was "My wife is driving me mad, I'm going to visit my lover".
Was this in France? Sounds so French :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Was this in France? Sounds so French :LOL:
No, Italy!

I want to echo the fake tan drops for the face for those feeling a bit crap, they do give a really nice boost. Also, this month I more or less stopped drinking and did the Perricone skin "diet" (hate that word, it's not a diet just healthy eating). Both worked a treat I'm sorry to say but you have to have a large tolerance for salmon (you eat loads of it).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She knows “next to nothing” about the Olsen twins? Sorry, what? Probably the most famous and highly paid child actors in the world? Have had a really well-respected fashion brand for well over a decade? Fashion icons whose lives are in the news (Sarkozy divorce, anyone?).

I’m sorry but this is Sali doing a performative centrist dad “Who are the Kardashians?” act. There’s no pride in being a lifestyle journalist who doesn’t know who is who in popular culture.
Exactly.
This point of pride she has for feigning ignorance over big name pop culture celebs is so irritating. She loves to mention the low brow stuff that she thinks make her seem charming and unaffected and yes of course, pleasingly nana-ish (Take A Break magazine), but shudders at the idea that someone might mistake her for the type of commoner who might be up to date with the latest goings on in the Kardashian empire. Well I don't believe you, Ms Hughes.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My poor mother had this when Dad retired. He 'helpfully' would accompany her when she was doing the weekly shop. He would question every single thing she bought with 'why do we need that? We never use that'. She had been doing this shop unhindered for about 40 years and found it infuriating.
It was the same for my mum with a Dad in the army. He was away for much of the year and she ran the house just fine, but when he came back he expected to call the shots and started nitpicking at everything. I'd go mad.

Back on topic (sorry), that's a very good point, @MissHavisham .

Reactions: 8

New thread.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.