Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God she just loves pandering to famous people. She doesn't have friends, she collects blue ticks

Her efforts to get Nigella's attention, for example, are just cringe

I am trying to think which social-climbing Jane Austen character she would be, but it's been too long. Bingley?
Mary Musgrove from Persuasion, in my humble beef-faced opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She must be raging that her dress is now owned by pretty much every blue ticker. Her "I'm not like all those other boring conventional brides" dress is now been worn by blue tickers such as Marian to take out the bins (her words). And I am sick of seeing that dress. It has become as naff as a Herve Leger bandage dress.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She must be raging that her dress is now owned by pretty much every blue ticker. Her "I'm not like all those other boring conventional brides" dress is now been worn by blue tickers such as Marian to take out the bins (her words). And I am sick of seeing that dress. It has become as naff as a Herve Leger bandage dress.
And that damned Paco Rabanne sequin dress and/or skirt, which I loved initially then quickly grew to despise for what it represents

I mean, they were handed out like sparkly candy to influencers, as though to taunt us

Reactions: 1
Oh god yes! I bet Sali wishes she was a "conventional" bride now- as bridal dresses are not likely to end up in the wardrobe of every darned blue ticker

• Haha
Reactions: 5
*Sali was #notkindlygifted a sparkly Paco Rabanne skirt 😞

Last edited:
Has anyone seen evidence that Vogue did indeed vote it 'dress of the decade'? I haven't.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, it's here

Sold out
That wasn't 'voted by Vogue' - that was just a typically hyperbolic Vogue article about the VW x H&M collaboration.

The author of that Vogue article had written an article a few months earlier describing a completely different dress - a dress by Par Realisation - as 'the dress of the decade'.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
God she just loves pandering to famous people. She doesn't have friends, she collects blue ticks

Her efforts to get Nigella's attention, for example, are just cringe

I am trying to think which social-climbing Jane Austen character she would be, but it's been too long. Bingley?
On the few occasions I've asked a question or commented on Nigella's Instagram, she's always replied in a really friendly un-Sali-like way. People remember these things! Little things like that can give us a mini boost on a crap day. Ditto Lisa Eldridge. Two of my girl crushes - brains, style and good hearts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
That's just a caption used though and not an accolade
Yes, and getting the wrong of the stick (as I far as I could see) SH congratulated VW on winning such a prestigious 'gong' - illustrated, naturally, with pictures of self wearing said dress.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
That wasn't 'voted by Vogue' - that was just a typically hyperbolic Vogue article about the VW x H&M collaboration.

The author of that Vogue article had written an article a few months earlier describing a completely different dress - a dress by Par Realisation - as 'the dress of the decade'.
Yeah, I know. I just mean this is where she got it

Sali massaging the truth with her hyperbole, as per. Everything is a superlative with her

OT: Did I already mention I ordered a 100-round ammo case to store my perfume samples in? Who knew they were the exact size of a rifle cartridge? 'murica 🇺🇸

• Haha
  • Wow
I came here to say - because I didn't know where else to - I cried today reading about Stella Tennant. When the news first broke i felt pretty sure of what they didn't actually say at the time - it was just before Christmas, she'd recently turned 50, her marriage had hit the rocks a few months before. So very very sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The idea of her having "literally hundreds" of flannels in her cupboard, "gallons" of body lotion, and "about a dozen Slip silk hair ties" (that's £160 worth of bleeping scrunchies) makes me genuinely sick, in the same way the photo of Caroline Hirons' huge larder of skincare made me sick.
View attachment 376267
It is all to back up how 'nerdy' about beauty she is. Others wouldn't understand.
No doubt Sali shows her flannel collection to visitors in a faux humble way so they can all exclaim how unusual she is.
You can justify gross consumerism in the name of being quirky.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I don't follow Marian Keyes on social media but I looked at her IG account to see the pic of her in the lovely VW dress. On the second row of her grid she's posted a piece of writing about 'haters'. It got a lot of positive reaction in the comments, including a ringing endorsement from SH.

The thing that struck me was that I couldn't relate to it at all. I've never felt that anyone hated me nor have I ever hated anyone in that way. I've hated the actions of individuals, but even Boris Johnson - if he finally got his act together on the vaccination programme I'd applaud it, I wouldn't try to find a way to rubbish it.

The other thing that struck me was that maybe SH is quick to dismiss here as 'haters' because, like MK honestly admits in the piece, she herself has experience of being a 'hater'.

Reactions: 11
All these privileged blue tickers going on about haters just winds me up. Some people not liking you is not akin to some of the abuse some prominent women get.

Marian looks amazing in the second photo on that Vampires Wife dress post

All these privileged blue tickers going on about haters just winds me up. Some people not liking you is not akin to some of the abuse some prominent women get.

Marian looks amazing in the second photo on that Vampires Wife dress post
Agree - on both points.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I know. I just mean this is where she got it

Sali massaging the truth with her hyperbole, as per. Everything is a superlative with her

OT: Did I already mention I ordered a 100-round ammo case to store my perfume samples in? Who knew they were the exact size of a rifle cartridge? 'murica 🇺🇸
Were they...

magazine samples?

I'll see myself out.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.