Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Depends on what you're trying to achieve. If it's anti aging, what specifically? Some people like the nuface but I found it a chore to do every day in top of the rest of my routine. I'm considering some sort of filler but bit scared and not sure who to go to for a consultation.
My skin is just not great, basically. Some lines, some loss of tone, from the micro needling perspective I have quite large pores which micro needling can support with (although am aware that it’s genetic and my pores will always be large).
I have full respect for people who have fillers, botox, etc, but I worry about it for me, I’m not great with needles, I worry I would end up messing about too much with my face, or I’d have a complication. Basically it scares me! My mother’s skin aged quite prematurely and we have quite similar skin so I wonder if I should try and get ahead of this before the inevitable happens!

Reactions: 1
Guys, if you use the Lookfantastic app with the code FLASH25 (today only), you get the NUface mini for £123.58

————————

@melfish

i am in love with my new hairdryer. My whole head of below shoulder-length hair was dry in ten minutes. It still had body but no frizz that I get from the cheap hairdryers I usually buy for a tenner. Which meant I had to use less products to get it looking smooth and shiny.

I’m hooked! This is going to be a huge game changer for me for work because I have a client-facing role and have to always look sharp and presentable. I’ll be spending less time drying it each morning and more time in bed!

If you’re someone who can get by with air drying your hair and you don’t *need* a hairdryer, don’t get it. There’s no point. If, however, you have some spare cash and you want a new toy, by all means get it. But I don’t think you’ll need it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
@GTL Old-Timer yeah that’s all great, but what we need to know is, was it cheering? You’ve bought a spendy item when we all know one of those hood dryers would have been more pleasingly nana-like alongside Yardley’s heritage Christmas gift box, so if you’re good people, you’ll do the right thing and let us know.

I’m hooked! This is going to be a huge game changer for me for work because I have a client-facing role and have to always look sharp and presentable.
AKA drying for Leonard

(Seriously though, it’s a good review and now I want one 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
@GTL Old-Timer yeah that’s all great, but what we need to know is, was it cheering? You’ve bought a spendy item when we all know one of those hood dryers would have been more pleasingly nana-like alongside Yardley’s heritage Christmas gift box, so if you’re good people, you’ll do the right thing and let us know.

AKA drying for Leonard

(Seriously though, it’s a good review and now I want one 🤣)
1608403849725.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ugh, what a smug and unnecessary inside reference. But HF is yet another supercilious boardroom "feminist", so I shouldn't' be surprised
Out of curiosity what is boardroom feminism? Like Lean-In feminism?

Its those in-crowd references and latin (or french) terms in italic in HF's piece that used to make me feel too stupid to read the guardian when I was younger. For any linguists - does it actually improve the article?

Sali Hughes #26 AKA Dying for Leonard?

@melfish

i am in love with my new hairdryer. My whole head of below shoulder-length hair was dry in ten minutes. It still had body but no frizz that I get from the cheap hairdryers I usually buy for a tenner. Which meant I had to use less products to get it looking smooth and shiny.

I’m hooked! This is going to be a huge game changer for me for work because I have a client-facing role and have to always look sharp and presentable. I’ll be spending less time drying it each morning and more time in bed!

If you’re someone who can get by with air drying your hair and you don’t *need* a hairdryer, don’t get it. There’s no point. If, however, you have some spare cash and you want a new toy, by all means get it. But I don’t think you’ll need it.
Yay! Power + light is exactly what you wanted! wonder if it'd be overkill for me. I have terrible hair, fine and thin. It looks worse than Sali's once it hits shoulder-length. I usually air dry because the crappy blowdryer I have makes the ends look flyaway, even with product, so I always have to use some other styling tool as well and I just can't be arsed. I don't have to face anyone, so that's not a consideration. I still want that sexy new gadget though, so ... 🥴 @GTL Old-Timer, would you have paid 170 pounds for it (that's with 20% off)

Out of curiosity what is boardroom feminism? Like Lean-In feminism?
Yes, the kind of white middle-class feminism that thinks the status quo is just fine as long as there are more women in positions of power. The kind of feminism that loves identity politics and calls Kamala Harris queeeeen and buys tickets to hear Hillary Clinton speak

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I still want that sexy new gadget though, so ... 🥴 @GTL Old-Timer, would you have paid 170 pounds for it (that's with 20% off)
No. I would have got something cheaper like the GHD Air (which I can get for around £90 when there are 20% offers on).

Have you thought about getting the Babyliss Big Hair? It’s MUCH cheaper and sounds like it would be right up your street.

• Heart
Have you thought about getting the Babyliss Big Hair? It’s MUCH cheaper and sounds like it would be right up your street.
Ahhh, no, I will check it out. Thanks! It's probably got a stupid high markup here too

Hmm, it must be called something different here. Either that, or it's not available

Ahhh, no, I will check it out. Thanks! It's probably got a stupid high markup here too

Hmm, it must be called something different here. Either that, or it's not available
I think it’s marketed differently.

Amazon product

Or maybe try something like this?

Essentially what you should be looking for is a rotating hot styling brush

P.S. you can get the babyliss one $10 cheaper at Walmart...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Haha yes Sali's hair does not suit being longer does it. So wispy.
I went off Hadley Freeman when she was such a total witch about Jennifer Aniston and Reece Witherspoon. Called them 'show ponies' for turning up to an interview with her looking smart and glamorous.
She also became affronted with RW when she would not go in to details about any #metoo Hollywood experiences she may have had.
Her cringy fawning anecdotes about SH's potato mean duck all.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve not read it. I give Hadley Freeman an incredibly wide berth. She’s just awful.

I will check that out now though

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.