Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I'm picturing the scene of Sali on the Eurostar

"I was on the Eurostar for another stressful work venture and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a cluster of women. I nearly dropped my Real Techniques eyeshadow brush down the seat in shock. These women, all affluent looking, it was clear they came from all walks of life. PhDs, social workers and even teachers of children among them. They were giggling amongst themselves, as though sharing a joke I wasn't part of. Tidbits of their conversations floated towards me: Korean beauty mitts, NuFace, it was clear these were no ordinary women but women who loved beauty. An existential dread hovered over me as I feared they would approach me and ask my thoughts on the best hairdryer to purchase or the best long lasting foundation. I pulled my silke face mask further over my face, grateful for the anonymity and protection it afforded me".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Gnomic Gnome

Hello everyone 👋. I've intermittently lurked on this thread, having joined to see WTAF Sali was on about in her BBC "expose" (ironic quotation marks intended). I was flabbergasted that she made such a meal out of the even-handed and fair criticisms that had been made about her business practices on these threads. And in turn that the BBC took her "concerns" at face value, rather than critically engaging with their substance.

Anyway, you've now cost me £52 as I have just bought 2 x LE lipsticks. Just the thing for wearing under masks this Christmas!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
One day when I can be bothered I will look at some other Tattle threads to see if the actual subject of a thread is as little mentioned as Sali is in her own 😂
Really is hilarious. I know we have bursts of mild discussion eg her 'taking instruction from the sea' 🤭 and really really trying to pay for things 🤭🤭 but I hope people coming to view revolting racist murderous sewer rats aren't disappointed that the last mention of her was she looked nice with a fringe.
Hardly worth the Beeb's money was it really?

Btw as an aside - what does Sali actually do now?
She shills sandals by the sea shore.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
In terms of Sali’s racism: her participation in misogynoir at Dianne Abbot’s expense; her exclusion of any kind of commentary on the abuse Dianne Abbot and other people of colour have faced in her Troll documentary - choosing instead to focus on only white victims; her repeated exclusion of people of colour from her ITBS (this has been covered in a four part blog post by Arly of @DetailOrientatedBeauty); her dismissive attitude to Asian Beauty preferring instead to focus on Western Beauty norms; her failure to interview Gothamista when she was in the U.K. despite high profile people like Sam Bunting and Nadine filming with her; her double standards regarding Rihanna and Madonna; her friendship with apologists for racism like Caitlin Moran; calling Ateh’s Beauty Box “bougie” (a black term for aspirational. Has she ever said of a white beauty box that they’re being aspirational?!) ... and that’s just off the top of my head.

All of the above has been discussed on Tattle. All of the above IS racism.

—————

There’s a fantastic article that was shared on SHB back in the day called I, Racist by John Metta. I urge people to read it. In it, he says the following:

“Racism is not slavery. As President Obama said, it’s not avoiding the use of the word ******. Racism is not white water fountains and the back of the bus. Martin Luther King did not end racism. Racism is a cop severing the spine of an innocent man. It is a 12 year old child being shot for playing with a toy gun in a state where it is legal to openly carry firearms.

But racism is even more subtle than that. It’s more nuanced. Racism is the fact that “White” means “normal” and that anything else is different. Racism is our acceptance of an all white Lord of the Rings cast because of historical accuracy, ignoring the fact that this is a world with an entirely fictionalized history.

Even when we make shit up, we want it to be white.

And racism is the fact that we all accept that it is white. Benedict Cumberbatch playing Khan in Star Trek. Khan, who is from India. Is there anyone Whiter than Benedict fucking Cumberbatch? What? They needed a “less racial” cast because they already had the Black Uhuracharacter?

That is racism. Once you let yourself see it, it’s there all the time.”

The article’s here:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
I recently ordered a Natasha Denona mini palette and it’s lovely. I’ve only used one shade but it gave a nice density of colour without being OTT.

LE lipsticks also arrived and they are gorgeous. The staying power is brilliant but I’ve noticed my lips are very dry this morning.

And the Korean mitts!! So good. So so so so good. My smooth bum is now my best feature. Does anyone have any honest tips for how best to show it off? A dusting of highlighter? A creamy cloak of an unctuous butter? Press it up against the cat flap and hope tonight’s the night?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
This has probably already been mentioned but Sali and Sophie Ellis-Bextor are identical

Edited to add this is not actual footage of Sali and Sophie. This is for illustration purposes only. This is not an ad. I bought this image of these twins spontaneously and I wouldn’t be sharing it if I didn’t really believe they’re actual twins. In fact I’ve already wrapped them up and gifted them to my lucky best friends and loads of you have been asking me where I got them from.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Missypissy

If Sali didn't have her imaginary trolls to talk about she'd have to go on podcasts with anecdotes about lounging round the house in itchy jumpers and taking photos of her own shiny face all day. Maybe she could throw in a few hilarious stories about her quirky penchant for eating crumpets at a VERY SPECIFIC temperature and some casual mentions of how she was doing something that people think is cool now AGES AGO ACTUALLY but now she just likes to stay in and have a bath with some matey in it for relaxing foamy beard lollz.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
@GTL Old-Timer have you tried the Dyson one? It’s very good, and quieter than most (which is a huge deal for me as I can’t stand most noises 💅). I think if you buy direct from them they offer a no-quibble refund within 30 days (do check first though). Obviously they cost a bomb. The nozzles are magnetic, and they never seem to fall off.
I refuse to ever touch a Dyson product again after the fucker voted for Brexit and then moved HQ abroad to Singapore (a country which has a free trade agreement with the EU). I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire.

Thanks for the recommendation though!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Merry Christmas May your foundation match flawlessly and your palette only be colours that suit your personal skin tone!

• Haha
Reactions: 24

rosemarina

VIP Member
Merry Christmas to my fellow beef-faced incels! You’re never alone when Eric Joyce knows where you live.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
This is quite interesting. From 44.44 SH tells the story of how she got the Guardian beauty column.

Interesting because this was apparently two years ago and she was still telling the original version (which starts with her tweeting criticism of the then beauty column) rather than the version she now seems to tell (which starts with the Guardian looking for a new columnist).

Also interesting because she says what exactly it was that prompted her to take to social media about it. Two years ago she still seemed to find it amusing.

Omg Sali comes across so badly when talking about Lauren Luke. Just awful, rude and patronising. It has made me so cross about it all over again. And she has the nerve ever to say we were trolling to get her to lose her job????
She says she read 'The Youtuber's' column and sighed and tweeted what 'a pile of shit it was'. And her friend Caitlin Moran 'who has a huge SM following' agreed, so did Kirsty Allsopp, so did 'many high profile people'. She actually is gloating about a woman losing her job :cry:
Poor Lauren who seems the gentlest kindest soul. She didn't stand a fucking chance once Sali had her beady eyes on that job and instigated a pile on of bluetickers. Women supporting women.
I'm pleased she must feel a smidge of shame to be bothered to adjust her back story. Thanks @Aude for preserving it here. Lauren was miles ahead of the game as regards seeing YT as a way of doing beauty tutorials. She just wasn't a shiller. Trust Sali to be sneering about that.

Btw I can't be bothered to check but it is really true, as she claims, no other beauty writer talked about choices for WoC before her?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Affluent looking Amber & Leather. Top notes of crying troll.

Maintenance Shag. A floral bouquet of resignation and reveries of lying back and thinking of England.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
tenor-3.gif

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals beef faced sewer rats!

Recently received my first dose of covid vaccine / Bill Gates microchip and getting an irresistible urge to buy everyone a full Microsoft Office 365 license so if you're on here Sali, I could do with that list of addresses. Literally.

Gawd bless us one and all and may we all fill our pov faces with unctuous treats until we don't know what's what!
🎄😘

Also, does anyone know how do you make Bing your default search engine

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Blahblahbuzzy

I just had a peep and she is wearing the little padlock chain which she has previously said is from Missoma. You can just see it peeking out of the top of the PJs. I'm embarrassed for her with this Hush "ongoing partnership" but guyzzzzz I REALLY WAS GOING TO BUY MY FRIENDS HUSH CASHMERE SOCKS. NOT REALLY I WAS. NO YOU'RE A LIAR!
I think all the over the top declarations - 'AD but but but but but I was buying it anyway, my earrings were PAID FOR, my curtains were a previous brand affiliation but in NO WAY under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES is an AD now, just coincidence and I paid for (some of it), the rest I was under no obligation to post anything* (*gifted)' just makes her seem a thousand times more shady and dishonest. If she was trying to actually be transparent (I appreciate none of them are - I've seen a lot of Hush sneaky gifted ads popping up on influencer's pages, plus all the usual frantic unboxing of luxury items with no mention of ads) she could just write in nice big letters AD. That's literally it.

• Haha
  • Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Happy Christmas! I was going to post a picture of a rat wearing a Christmas hat but I thought that might be too close to the bone for us beefy sewer dwellers! This is the best thread on Tattle 😘

P.s that it's a ten hair stuff is freaking amazing!

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I must say, fair play to @HarderFaster , she got his number early on!

She said something like "why don't you do your own research instead of asking women to do all the work for you"

• Heart