Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am also a big layerer! I am pretty sure Wishtrend does not deliver where I am because I wanted the Labmuffin box previously. I am nervous now about what Brexit will mean as i regularly order from Cult Beauty, Look Fantastic and ASOS, all kinds of extra taxes are being predicted for those of us overseas.
I know. It’s so tit, isn’t it? But hey! At least Britain will be British again!!

🤮 🤮 🤮

(What was in the Labmuffin box?)

Reactions: 3
I know. It’s so tit, isn’t it? But hey! At least Britain will be British again!!

🤮 🤮 🤮

(What was in the Labmuffin box?)
It was a really nice, gentle box with Asian style products full of non irritating actives. A full skincare regime for the princely sum of £45. It shipped to the UK, US and Aus. Looked great.

Ok, I just had a look. You had a lucky miss because there’s been a big controversy over the Klairs sunscreen not having the advertised spf50 protection and instead only having spf19 or thereabouts. It is a lovely sunscreen in terms of cosmetic elegance though.

The midnight blue calming cream is awesome and great for healing burns or after laser treatment, etc.

Wishtrend tend to ship to most places - it may be that COVID has had an impact. I could only get express shipping with my Gothamista box and then was slapped with £20 in customs charges. 😭

• Wow
A whole article on websites to buy makeup from before U-turning to say buy in person?

And how does buying in person support your local beauty professional? She isn't Sharmadean Reid, and how is that economically better for the sales assistant? Most counter staff arent on commission, and all that really matters is if they are being paid a secure living wage by their corporate managers?
This pivot is lol. Like when you write an over complicated story at junior school but your hand gets tired so you end it by writing "then I woke up and it was all a dream"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ok, I just had a look. You had a lucky miss because there’s been a big controversy over the Klairs sunscreen not having the advertised spf50 protection and instead only having spf19 or thereabouts. It is a lovely sunscreen in terms of cosmetic elegance though.
I thought that was the Purito one not Klairs?

edit - oh shame seems like its both *sigh*

Reactions: 2
I thought that was the Purito one not Klairs?
The Klairs one in Labmuffin’s box and in Gothamista’s box from last year is made by the same manufacturer and has the same composition of filters. Klairs pulled the sunscreen until further investigations could be completed.

I’ll see if I can find the posts.

This pivot is lol. Like when you write an over complicated story at junior school but your hand gets tired so you end it by writing "then I woke up and it was all a dream"
I had completely forgotten about this! I used to do this, too!

I have a big bottle of that one people rave about, I find it drying as hell, Biore? Maybe, I'll have more success with it in summer.

Reactions: 1
I have a big bottle of that one people rave about, I find it drying as hell, Biore? Maybe, I'll have more success with it in summer.

I love that one, but I do find it causes me to get super oily (and I am dry as the Sahara). It’s probably the alcohol drying my skin and causing an overproduction of oil.

What I find helps enormously is layering lots of hydrating essences underneath, together with a hydrating moisturiser. My skin is then beautifully prepped and comfortable and stays hydrated but matt all day under the sunscreen.

I don't get the contradiction at the end either. It's like, ignore everything I just said and do this instead. Plus, it's not like people working in stores get commission, so how is it supporting them any more than buying from the same faceless corporation online? A sale is a sale and it all goes to their bottom line, right?

Reactions: 4
The Klairs one in Labmuffin’s box and in Gothamista’s box from last year is made by the same manufacturer and has the same composition of filters. Klairs pulled the sunscreen until further investigations could be completed.

I’ll see if I can find the posts.

I had completely forgotten about this! I used to do this, too!
Dallas has a lot to answer for!

I don't get the contradiction at the end either. It's like, ignore everything I just said and do this instead. Plus, it's not like people working in stores get commission, so how is it supporting them any more than buying from the same faceless corporation online? A sale is a sale and it all goes to their bottom line, right?
Perhaps the in-person sales emphasise the importance of counter staff to the suits in the boardroom?

Dallas has a lot to answer for!
Dallas?

Perhaps the in-person sales emphasise the importance of counter staff to the suits in the boardroom?
Hmm, so people should risk their lives for an up-close-and-personal foundation match to potentially maybe save a job? Yeah, nah, think I'll pass

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was always team Dynasty

I think it's more a case of old enough 😆
Oh I liked a bit of Dynasty too!

Cheek! I’ll have you know a light trowelling of foundation on top of my weak dilute and fillers and I look fresh as a daisy 🥴

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.