Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
See she’s copied Sam Chapman’s interpretation of the weird dog poo palette today. Looks a little less terrible with some eyeliner.
I can still only see mud. Have to say though, for all my criticism of her, I do appreciate a beauty guru who answers subscribers questions about products/recommendations. She just doesn't know sometimes when to not respond.

Reactions: 1

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Yes, she says she’s using cover up spray, not mascara. I got that wrong, although she’s recommended both at times.

Mselvista

VIP Member
Bit late to reply, but yes. Love them and especially for writhe the house - less clumpy than the usual ones. But - have you tried the shearling Birkenstock’s? So good!
Oh, thank you fir replying. Think I'll get some. I haven't seen the others but I have a thing about my feet getting hot - it makes me really uncomfortable, it's why I normally wear my Scholls year round.

JNRS90

They're cute but I know a few people (of different heights) who either bought or tried them and said they're super, super short and they couldn't bend over in them... Don't know about the sizing other than length.

ETA I really wanted the cape but it would definitely be the most pointless purchase of 2020!
Yes I was very tempted by the cape!

I have the silvery short one and it’s SHORT! I’m 5’3 and used to wearing ‘mini’ dresses and them coming to mid-thigh and looking fine, but this one is so truly short that I don’t know where I’m going to wear it. Beautiful dress though!

And definitely size up, I’m normally a 12 and bought the L, and it’s a little tight. I can get away with it, but would probably be more comfortable in an XL.
thank you! Is it small all over or anywhere in particular? I’ve got big boobs and a biggish arse, but small framed, so sizing up doesn’t always work for me. I’m watching the silver one and the black one with lace sleeves.

SequinnedElephant

I’m a lurker more than a commenter on here, and often wonder whether we nitpick out of frustration and disappointment with how someone we respected and trusted has turned into a generic influencer. So I’ve questioned my reaction to today’s column to check it’s not just me being pissy.

I was genuinely excited when I saw she was writing about sustainable razors. I changed to a metal safety razor last year and it’s great. Metal blade that can be recycled. No plastic. Blades are super cheap. What Sali is recommending isn’t that. It’s better than a disposable razor but still has plastic encased disposable blades. It’s not really any different to what you can buy in boots (in terms of sustainability, not necessarily quality). It feels like such a missed opportunity.

to balance things out - I bought a gold glasses chain to keep my face mask on. #influenced

edit: also props to her for using the word “women”, as @rosemarina identified. Noted And appreciated when I was reading the column.
I don’t quite understand what you mean about the word ‘women’? Sorry for being dense!

Originalnuttah

Have you gotRuby Woo and Red Carpet Red, though? I have and don’t want to get Velvet Ribbon in case it’s exactly the same.
I have all 3 and Lisa’s one is the best in looks, application, comfort and longevity. The bullet is so pretty too, it really looks like velvet. They are all very similar in colour though, so if you are happy with the other two prob not worth buying it.

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
I've remembered it was Kate Somerville I was thinking of. A very strange interview with no actual ITB but KS talking about herself and her brand at length.
Oh yes and the Milk one too.
Interesting! I've never watched it, not even sure who Kate Somerville is to be honest...

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Have you gotRuby Woo and Red Carpet Red, though? I have and don’t want to get Velvet Ribbon in case it’s exactly the same.
i have had Ruby Woo and found it horribly drying. Is Red Carpet Red a Tilbury one? If so I don’t buy her stuff so can’t comment I’m afraid. As a rule I hate matt lipsticks, usually find them too dry and uncomfortable to wear. Haven’t found that at all with the LE ones. If I take time to apply it properly, it fades to a stain evenly (if you know what I mean).

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Oh, I was thinking of the Jay Rayner one actually, but both are good. Table Manners annoys me a bit when they half-ass the menu. "We've got the Queen AND the Pope coming for dinner in 5 minutes, so I've defrosted some bolognese sauce, and I'll serve it with toasted pitta bread. Pudding will be an experimental thing involving parsnips. [Is reminded of the time]. I suppose I should start making that at some point."
For Grace Dent they made microwave onion rice. Which is apparently chopped onion, chicken stock and rice zapped in the microwave. She seemed to like it to be fair.

• Wow

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Goodness... Where to even start? Sali’s levels of self-delusion and misplaced self-justification are extreme. And yes, why doesn’t Dawn just sort this all out by backing Sali publicly? [/sarcasm font] 😳

We constantly “take stock” on here and question ourselves and each other on what discussion here is justified/acceptable/useful.

And Sali, it’s you who “leaks” this discussion onto other platforms.

ETA: realise that a link to a tattle piece must have been posted to her Insta by someone and deleted by Sali. Minuscule compared to her hosting a BBC documentary on the topic. And although (I think) against Tattle rules, some criticism on her Insta is surely inevitable, although she clearly expects and accepts only adoration.
What post is this on? I'm surprised she even responded.

Mustard

VIP Member
Will Sali be like Meghan la duchesse and sue Tattle for harassment and speaking untruths about her? 🤨

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Writing 50 000 words of a novel this month so don’t have the time to post much right now but that has to be the next thread title. Sali Hughes Elegantly tip toeing around her downstairs 🤣
Love it. Except can we change elegantly to primly. Is that a word?

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
- does hair stick to them?
- do they actually improve dry lips?
- are they mask proof?
Thanks in advance 😘
no hair stick
yes on the dry lips, feels so good
haven’t tried under a mask yet, doubt they would be though.

they feel so nice, I honestly wish I had bought more of the glosses.

• Heart

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
They have no smell, I use 2 handfuls per bath.

Can someone recommend good lip balm for dry lips please?
The La Roche Posay lip balm is nice, the dr sam bunting one is the most effective one ive used - but its quite stiff and with a slightly odd smell that I cant quite put my finger on. (Im waiting for cerave's healing ointment to come back in stock on iherb website because Dr Dray said its like vaseline but with added ceramides for after tret, and comes in huge sizes so will be great value over time)

Ive been influenced on the bath salts!

(PS holla if anyone is selling a nuface)

• Heart