Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Puzzfish

I’ve just looked at the VWxH&M dresses on eBay and I like them 😞 I’m a bit of a dodgy goth, though. Has anyone got one (the short ones, I’m not even as tall as Sali). Just wondering what the sizing is like...
I have the silvery short one and it’s SHORT! I’m 5’3 and used to wearing ‘mini’ dresses and them coming to mid-thigh and looking fine, but this one is so truly short that I don’t know where I’m going to wear it. Beautiful dress though!

And definitely size up, I’m normally a 12 and bought the L, and it’s a little tight. I can get away with it, but would probably be more comfortable in an XL.

Reactions: 1

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
I love Aquaphor! I have super sensitive skin that can’t cope with fragrance etc. If anyone has any go-to recommendations for skin like mine I’d love to hear them...

crossword

What’s the purple pigment breakdown?

Has anyone else been switching on central heating lately? It’s SO desperately cold!!
Heating is on for sure. And since the clocks went back on Sunday I get the 100% autumn feeling which is quite nice.

I’ve only ever seen orangey pigment breakdown. I think it’s when the dye of tattooed eyebrows starts to fade and turns a weird colour.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Yes, she's very bonny. I thought it was the actress who played the Queen in the first couple of series of The Crown (back next month, any fans). Claire something.
She certainly is more Bonny than me. Yeah all the faces look a bit like someone, you can have minutes of fun refreshing and inventing new people!

• Heart

crossword

Unforgotten is so good! Im still disapointed at my flatmates that they declined the production request to film in our generic ex-social flat :m
She also shines in Spooks (which someone just told me is a racial slur in America). Ruth Evershed would not had let the covid situation get outta hand.

If anyone has similar tv recommendations i'd be all ears (excl now tv - ending that subscription was suuuuuch a chore)
Thank you so much for the recommendation, there’s not an awful lot of Unforgotten left!
And the bit about the flat - just wow! How does that work, how does a production company become aware that your flat might be a good location? I’m all excited 😆

Aude

VIP Member
@Too Much, the call out to the hive mind above reminded me that you had done the same and I had made enquiries (well, enquiry) on your behalf. I have a friend who has had both eye surgery (for quite serious issues) and laser treatment at Moorfields. I put your enquiry to him and his response was: why would anyone go anywhere other than Moorfields? (Yes, he is a bit snotty.)

Curio

Chatty Member
I know the fugly sandal talk was ages ago in the summer and everyone's moved onto baths but does anyone have any Birkenstock Eva sliders? My beloved wooden Scholls that I wear round the house are starting to split so need replacing. I wear Birkenstock Arizona sandals and find them comfortable. TIA
Bit late to reply, but yes. Love them and especially for writhe the house - less clumpy than the usual ones. But - have you tried the shearling Birkenstock’s? So good!

• Heart

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Re lip balm - I use Aquaphor, not the specific lip one, the balm in a 45ml tube. I use it every night (don't like anything on my lips in the day, a hangover fron when I smoked) and don't need anything else.
I’ll second aquafor, and the Cerave ointment is also really good (very similar also contains ceramides). I’m all for a multi purpose product! I use it on my hands, elbows and feet before bed, works wonders.

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Last night I ran out of podcasts to listen to so I downloaded a recent episode of the Emma Guns show featuring Jo Jones ⛄. None of the interview was especially groundbreaking, but I did prick up my ears when Jo mentioned Sali’s “trolling hell” (TM) on a “dragging site”.

Apparently she’d been horrified by the jealous haters 😢, but she doesn’t seem all that nice herself really. In that very same interview she described herself (when running late for something) as “breathing like you’re on a ventilator”. I mean REALLY? Now?

Anyway, just to let you know that the usual suspects are still out there, toeing the party line without a sliver of self-awareness.
Oh no. I always thought she was alright, I liked her honesty on her hair loss and the work (loads) she has done.

Edit: I mean Jo Jones. I know Emma Guns also suffers from hair loss, I find her a bit dreary to listen to so swerve her podcasts as it always just seems to be covert ads for her mates.

Enid Swamp

The grey hair is just one of those photo fits that you use to try out different colours and styles. I remember the post, she was talking about her plan to go grey.

I’m sure I’ve read her say she uses those root touch sprays to cover what grey she has. Bit of a dodge on “I don’t dye my hair” but true I suppose?

Mselvista

VIP Member
She said it in an interview with Emma Barnett and another interview on Radio Ulster's drivetime programme about #hertrollinghell.
I'll find the links for you.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Wait so how do I remember her as being called a make up artist? Was that her title on the Guardian back in the day? I feel like that is how I was led to trust her.
I remember it too but can’t think why. I’m having a vague recollection of her and Lauren on a train with those pull along mini suitcases full of her kit , going to a job I think.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I don’t believe her radio persona. She’s doing a Lorraine Kelly I reckon. All that sly, sharp, smart at the cost of everyone else that she showed us all in the 90s is still there she just Beebed herself down.

Yes! I was delighted to hear Nemone this morning. She should have that slot, she’s so bloody good. Amy Lame, Katie Puckrik and Ravers want promoting to weekday permanence. Shaun forever though 💕
I just like her song choice. Not really into her sweet as pie shtick.