Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Simplemind

Don't get angry with yourself. That just adds to the insomnia. But you might want a new method to try and get to sleep. I listen to boring podcasts sometimes. But that requires that I step away from the other diversions :)
I really enjoy the podcast ‘Nothing Much Happens’ for sleep.

Reactions: 2

rosemarina

VIP Member
Her article is on the Guardian site, but I find it's easier to Google it than to find it on the Guardian.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I’m the same height as her so definitely not a shortie hater! Just think there are more flattering styles for diminutive gals like me and Sal.
I'm even shorter!

I liked her wedding outfit, she looked great and happy.

The H&M collection on the other hand looked awful in store. Flimsy and cheap.

Too Much

VIP Member
How she handles greys remains a bit of a mystery, which is odd given how much she said previously about the prospect.

She actually wrote a good article in The Guardian about PPD in dyes and how companies with huge R&D budgets were just ignoring the problem, despite fatalities. For her to then publish little on the issue (apart from the occasional mention of a roots touch up wand) seems odd.

So I had a google and we have a definitive statement from her:

View attachment 281282

(Some may now be rolling their eyes out of their heads at her concern about prescriptive comments about women’s appearance.)

I guess this photoshop plan from 2017 is lost to The Pool archives:

View attachment 281285View attachment 281286

The 2020 plan is blonde, but - as we know - she’s not quite there yet...

View attachment 281290

Here’s a little summary that might be helpful for some, especially if worried about PPD:

View attachment 281292

So the line is that her current colour is her natural colour, as she can no longer dye it that darker brown. And her greys have progressed very slowly. I don’t quite buy it. I wouldn’t give a damn if she wasn’t claiming openness while misleading her readers in many areas. Is she really being #prettyhonest about hair colour? I wonder if she’s using a very narrrow definition of “dye”? If you’re not colouring your hair then surely you don’t need root touch up wands, unless for the few early ones that tend to arrive around the hairline. May be that’s all she’s doing? Something doesn’t add up to me.
I don't particularly care about her hair, but I bet that other people do and look to her for advice etc - and this is all just so complicated and confusing! It seems unnecessarily so, but it is likely that she is trying to hide something, as otherwise it'd be a simple straight story, right?

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
That’s not the first time she hadn’t worn a mask properly, either. (Hey, what happened to those “must have” silk masks she was shilling a few weeks ago?)
Just had a nosy look. Stupid moo, all the germs leaking out the side too. And how dare she sully VV Rouleaux. I've been going there for donkey's.

I unfollowed her a while back so I have to go to the trouble of searching and click to snoop and hate.

fakebaker

Going back a post or fifty - I have a subscription to FFS razors (I am in the UK, I say that because I think that they are based in Scotland so don't know if they ship outside the UK). They are brilliant. My blades come on subscription, you can save your dead blades and once you have 12 send them back for recycling (in the plastic trays they came in, in one of the boxes they came in). I really like them. A couple of my friends use them too and also like them. I got the husband a subscription to Harrys, he says they are goo. Not sure if they will recycle the blades (may be I will send those back to FFS too, see what happens :unsure:)

On salts, Amazon or I add them to the Ocado shop.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I watched the Bobbi Brown video and was mesmerised by he forehead. It's so very smooth. I mean, even when raising her eyebrows there's not a single wrinkle.

• Wow

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Wait so how do I remember her as being called a make up artist? Was that her title on the Guardian back in the day? I feel like that is how I was led to trust her.
She repeatedly goes on about how she assisted Lynn Easton for a few years when she was a teen runaway.

Girlinabubble

Hoping I can use the 'hive mind' here for a non-finch related question.

Does anyone have any recs for places to get laser eye surgery? I'm currently in West London.
Re laser eye surgery - I did lots of research before my sons had the surgery and they had theirs with Mr Ionides at Moorfields - my brother went to a laser co and had no end of issues that were finally resolved by Mr Ionides too.