Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
The packaging is bland, but I dont mind the utilitarian vibe. Its really good value, and dr dray rates it, and dr sam does as a more affordable option. Large boots and often pharmacies will have minis available if you ask. (Unlike most samples these are refillable, and i like being able to easily refil the mini pots for going away / gym)

Lisa Eldridge just did a going to bed with me video and included magnesium salts. #influencedbytattle

Can anyone recommend a home bleach hair kit? I want to just do the ends of my hair to make more of an ombre, and the ends are already beyond repair
I did this over the summer! I used the L'oreal Colourista Ombre kit for dark hair, worked fine.

Reactions: 1

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
ITBW started off as stuff in people's bathrooms didn't it? Like Marian Keyes and Brix Smith. I can't remember one for ages that isn't an advert for someone's launch with a look at other products at the end. One of the worst for advertising (though I liked her) was Drew Barrymore, also another American makeup bod whose name escapes me.
The woman from Milk makeup (a great example of Sali's awkward interview skills) or Bobbi Brown?

fakebaker

Oh, thank you fir replying. Think I'll get some. I haven't seen the others but I have a thing about my feet getting hot - it makes me really uncomfortable, it's why I normally wear my Scholls year round.
I hear you re hot feet. I have a cracking pair of birkenstocks, they are the double strap Arizonas, wool felt straps and a shearling liner. Bloody lovely. They are my slippers (I always crack when it gets chilly and order another pair of fluffy bootie things, then my feet get hot, sweaty and rank).

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I agree it is a waste, but there is so much guilt on medical students already for questioning if practising medicine is really for them or not for a decision they made at 17. Society doesn't shame any other professional for leaving their industry in the same way. Yes the state invests, but so does the student now.
If it had been anything less venal I wouldn't have an issue 🙁 the doctors I know now all tried to persuade their kids not to follow them into medicine.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I hate Ruby Woo for the same reason. Loved the colour, but after wearing it for a few days in a row my lips were SO dry :(

crossword

Yes! What do I look like in your imagination, I wonder?! 🧐
Apologies for the unprompted answer, for me you are your avatar in human form: a blonde with clear skin & freckles, wearing glasses while you go through your legal work and I always picture you in those black billowing robes. 🤣 Rose coloured lipstick. Very groomed but currently a bit tired (maybe some blue underneath your eyes?) because of the twins.

I imagine you wear a lot of black, so out of your robes you might be in a black dress with a high neckline, smart black jeans and top.

Last edited:

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I would love to listen to something to get off to sleep. Mr DragName isn’t a fan of any sort of noise and needs silence to get to sleep, though. Would quite like to wake up to the radio as well but he’s not a fan of that either (and in fairness, I’m not a fan of the standby light you normally get on radios). I’ve never really got on with wearing headphones to bed. My sleep has been rotten lately, probably like lots of others, the old pandemic is starting to wear me down a bit.
@ThisIsMyDragName can you stagger bedtimes by say 15 minutes? Does he read in bed at all? Sometimes it only takes 15-30 minutes of listening to something before I nod off.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I remember that! Possibly when the truth about her began to drop for me.
I remember that as well. Wasn’t the poster in question training to be a vicar?

I think Kate still has the remnants of the eyeliner tattoo she used to have (same as her sister). I love her style on the whole though (excluding the Vampire's Wife dress, sorry).
I think her eyeliner looks fine. She could do with some Bobbi Brown corrector though... 🤔 I don’t think she tattooed anything as there were often photos of her in the press without makeup.

BEE9906F-E37E-4079-BF46-C74C68FFA256.jpeg

Last edited:

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Re lip balm - I use Aquaphor, not the specific lip one, the balm in a 45ml tube. I use it every night (don't like anything on my lips in the day, a hangover fron when I smoked) and don't need anything else.
Is that Eucerin Aquaphor? I've been meaning to try that for eczema on my face but I've just bought LRP Cicaplast Baume so giving that a spin first.

Apparently the Cicaplast is also a good multi-purpose one that can be used as a lip balm, and I like Skin Food for that as well (original, not the lip balm).
I’ll second aquafor, and the Cerave ointment is also really good (very similar also contains ceramides). I’m all for a multi purpose product! I use it on my hands, elbows and feet before bed, works wonders.
I don't think the CeraVe ointment is available in the UK. Wish I'd bought it when I was in the US - I got a whole CeraVe haul but somehow missed that one. Really hoping they expand the range that's available here.