Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
To guilt trip people, I guess. Either way, no way was it going to work.

That reminds me, has she mentioned here lately, either directly or indirectly or through a staged convo with her mates?

Reactions: 1

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I too have been experiencing terrible sleep and adhd means i have generally struggled with keeping to sleep schedules. Weirdly just last night I watched a Lisa Eldridge video (make up for meeting the ex). Her voice is just so soothing. Didn't help me sleep though, as I just always fall into a trap of reading the comments! 🤷‍♀️
I do that too with comments on YouTube and IGTV videos, and then I want to either reply or add my own...next thing a couple of hours have passed...still awake ☹

Mazerati

Chatty Member
According to some "gender critical" feminists the use of the word woman is in the process of being eliminated. And people are getting "cancelled" for merely stating biological facts. You're definitely not being dense.

Tbf she took it back and apologised.

crossword

Don't get angry with yourself. That just adds to the insomnia. But you might want a new method to try and get to sleep. I listen to boring podcasts sometimes. But that requires that I step away from the other diversions :)
You’re right of course, it can’t get any more counterproductive than getting pointlessly angry while unable to sleep! 🙈

Banning my phone from from the bedroom might help.

Too Much

VIP Member
Hoping I can use the 'hive mind' here for a non-finch related question.

Does anyone have any recs for places to get laser eye surgery? I'm currently in West London.

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
If actually falling asleep is an issue I can recommend taking a couple each of magnesium and valerian tablets in the evening. Those combined with reading until my eyes are drooping and I'm out like a light.

Edit: Sorry, I don't think valerian is available in the UK is it? I don't recall seeing it in the vitamin section there.

Last edited:

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
On the subject of choosing foundations in shades too dark for your skin... Did anyone ever see that video of Molly Mae doing her makeup with something like Mac NC50? I thought it was a piss take when I first saw it, fully lost it. There's a still from it here:

To be fair she makes the end result work! (Having seen the youtube video already)

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I remember that as well. Wasn’t the poster in question training to be a vicar?

I think her eyeliner looks fine. She could do with some Bobbi Brown corrector though... 🤔 I don’t think she tattooed anything as there were often photos of her in the press without makeup.

View attachment 300214
Oooh tell me more about your thoughts on need of a corrector please! Love to learn. Right now the only correcting I'm interested in for myself is under-eye. Otherwise I'm all correct.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
@Mselvista thank you, will listen to that pod.
Yes that guardian journalist indirectly brought me here, my friend said to look at the story she was sharing about trolls and all I could see was Beauty Banks at first. Then I fell down the internet...
All looking out for each other at the Grauniad I see...

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Sorry if anyone has microblading.
I think it’s because it’s a special type of tattoo ink designed to break down (so you’re not stuck with it forever I guess) the ladies I have seen who have had it done (in black) it’s faded over time to a kind of purple. Possibly a lighter shade fades to an orange, perhaps brown.
It’s not for me. Yes I am blooming freezing despite having a lovely epsom bath!

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
The BBC guidelines are interesting. Presumably if you go against them then you could get a warning at work or possibly be fired. I think a large number of staff who work on news/factual are careful and it’s the presenters who this is aimed at.
It’s not for light entertainment staff though, plus many LE are not staff, for example Graham Norton’s company makes his show and sells the show to the beeb.

crossword

Haha, this is about 80% me. However, though I am a barrister I actually work in a commercial law firm instead of chambers so I am very rarely in court. I wear 🤓 during waking hours because I can’t be assed with contact lenses. I DO have clear skin now thanks to double cleansing and acids though I didn’t during most of my thirties (I was severely depressed and thus negligent with hygiene). I DO wear a rose coloured lipstick during the day at work!! 😂

Since COVID and the triplets (two girls and a boy 😬) I’ve been home in joggers and a hoodie. One of my daughters went through a phase of projectile 🤮 so no smart clothes for The Wife and I!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️ And no, I am not a bit tired. I AM EXHAUSTED!! I don’t wear high necked dresses, just dresses. And I stupidly favour black despite having two cats and a dog.

—————-

I have a question for the hive mind, please! I am naturally mousey brown haired but dye it blonde. Having gone through some of Sali’s old videos I would quite like to go dark brown (I am ghostly pale and have blue eyes) but my wife thinks I might unsettle the children with such a drastic change (they’re ten months). What do you think?
Oops sorry about the twins / triplets confusion and thanks for your comprehensive answer, it was fun to read. 😊

I too think the dark hair goes really well with pale skin and light eyes. Have you ever tried dark hair before?

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Whenever I have trouble sleeping I end up reading the comments to online newspaper articles I wasn’t even that interested in in the first place. And I ask my self WHY??? I get so angry with myself then. Makes me stay awake till 4 in the morning sometimes.
😖
Don't get angry with yourself. That just adds to the insomnia. But you might want a new method to try and get to sleep. I listen to boring podcasts sometimes. But that requires that I step away from the other diversions :)