Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
I don't think the CeraVe ointment is available in the UK. Wish I'd bought it when I was in the US - I got a whole CeraVe haul but somehow missed that one. Really hoping they expand the range that's available here.
iherb uk website says its back in stock 4th Nov x

• Heart
Reactions: 2

rosemarina

VIP Member
It is very good (and helps with twitchy eyes, too) but do bear in mind that it's a mild laxative, so don't go mad with it :D . (Magnesium, this is.)

• Haha

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Yeah, I think that's the line - she posted a selfie on her IG story the other day and the caption was something like "this light really shows my grey hair", but it literally just looked like medium brown hair illuminated by sunlight, was odd. I wonder if she only has very few greys and you can only see them up really close.

You make a good point about not needing root touch-up wands if you're not dying your hair though. That is odd.
If she only has very few greys, then that makes sense to do the root spray. And that Pool photo of her entire grey head must be shopped then. WHY LIE SALI? WHY??????

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
You may be amused to know I just emptied the washing machine and a bra (fashion singular?) has ejected a wire, I kid you not. Maybe I should have worn it in the bath (that will never happen)

• Haha

crossword

Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting is not bad either. An American guy with a deep and soothing voice and a scratchy painting technique. Only typing it sends a slight shiver down the back of my head.
The paintings may not be everybody’s cup of tea, thought I’d mention that in case any of you have refined artistic sensibilities. 🧐

• Haha

Mustard

VIP Member
I'm not, is it worth a look? Always up for some recipe inspiration.

Re expensive hairspray... Sali has previously recommended a bumble and bumble one (over £20) and a Sam mcknight one so 🤔🤔🤔
(I wish my brain would retain more useful info than this)
I love the Food and Drink thread. It’s an offshoot of the Jack Monroe threads. It was formed for respite from those.

Last edited:

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Yes! It's has an incredibly relaxing effect, you can get the teabags mixed with chamomile, tablets or a liquid tincture in my local supermarket and all work really well. Cheap as chips too.

Reactions: 1

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Oh no. I always thought she was alright, I liked her honesty on her hair loss and the work (loads) she has done.

Edit: I mean Jo Jones. I know Emma Guns also suffers from hair loss, I find her a bit dreary to listen to so swerve her podcasts as it always just seems to be covert ads for her mates.
What has she had done? I know she had a boob job post breastfeeding, and recently she had fillers in her nose...

Mselvista

VIP Member
Sorry, I didn't mean to share that out of context, I didn't realise only part of exchange showed up. I shared it more because it's one of SH's fellow beauty journos (she writes in the Mail) taking the piss out of the subject of her forthcoming column.
This must be one of the most phoned in columns. I thought SH swore by a Lumea anyway?

Screenshot_20201024-153405_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-153410_Twitter.jpg

• Angry

Mselvista

VIP Member
And then Sali said in an IG video in the last year or so that she couldn't wear yellow toned foundations. Seriously, my head nearly fell off. Un-fucking-believable
In this video, if anyone's interested. When she's talking about a Charlotte Tilbury foundation near the start.

crossword

Sorry if anyone has microblading.
I think it’s because it’s a special type of tattoo ink designed to break down (so you’re not stuck with it forever I guess) the ladies I have seen who have had it done (in black) it’s faded over time to a kind of purple. Possibly a lighter shade fades to an orange, perhaps brown.
It’s not for me. Yes I am blooming freezing despite having a lovely epsom bath!
The orangey-brown pigment I saw was on very blonde / slightly red-haired women who had a much lighter brow colour tattooed on to start with. That might explain it. One of them has no eyebrows to speak of, I guess microblading can be really helpful for some people.

If the Epsom salt talk continues I might get influenced and reactivate my bath after 10 years. 🛁😆