Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi skiddos
I think I’m up to date now. Am so loving labmuffin, always wondered what micellar water was. Have gone mad and dig out a freebie sample bottle I had (No7) not much oil come off my face so that’s nice. I’m suffering with dry cuticles at the moment and oil does not seem to really penetrate well, if you know what I mean? Seems to just sit on top of the dry skin. Maybe I have oil repellent skin, like Teflon?

Reactions: 3
Oh, I was thinking of the Jay Rayner one actually, but both are good. Table Manners annoys me a bit when they half-ass the menu. "We've got the Queen AND the Pope coming for dinner in 5 minutes, so I've defrosted some bolognese sauce, and I'll serve it with toasted pitta bread. Pudding will be an experimental thing involving parsnips. [Is reminded of the time]. I suppose I should start making that at some point."

• Haha
Reactions: 2
@HotesTilaire, I know what you mean about dry cuticles. My hands get extremely in the winter to the point skin cracks. The only hand cream that really makes a difference if used consistently is L’occinane 25% Shea butter. It’s rich and takes time to sink in so I use it in the evening or last night before bed and supplement with the Garnier Hand Repair Intensive in the red tub during the day as that one sinks in very quickly and leaves no residue. Also worth mentioning that since using SLS-free hand wash, a painful recurring crack on my finger has healed. SLS is not great for dry skin conditions on the whole. Child’s Farm do a reasonably-priced one.

Magnesium flakes on the way - running in the freezing rain today suddenly got me craving hot baths. Now, do they have a weird smell and will I need to add oil to the bath to cover it? And how much do you need to use for it to have an effect on achey muscles?

I really hope they turn up soon 🛀

They have no smell, I use 2 handfuls per bath.

Can someone recommend good lip balm for dry lips please?

Oh, I was thinking of the Jay Rayner one actually, but both are good. Table Manners annoys me a bit when they half-ass the menu. "We've got the Queen AND the Pope coming for dinner in 5 minutes, so I've defrosted some bolognese sauce, and I'll serve it with toasted pitta bread. Pudding will be an experimental thing involving parsnips. [Is reminded of the time]. I suppose I should start making that at some point."
For Grace Dent they made microwave onion rice. Which is apparently chopped onion, chicken stock and rice zapped in the microwave. She seemed to like it to be fair.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
L’occinane 25% Shea butter.
Best hand cream ever! It's really expensive, but worth every penny. I use it during the day as well. Unfortunately, I think they are not cruelty free, and neither is my second recommendation: La Roche Posay Lipikar Baume. Also has shea butter, excellent for sensitive skin or when dealing with certain medical issues. Their lip balm is also great. If someone is from Germany or Austria or anywhere that has "dm", the Alverde calendula lip balm is the best drugstore lip balm I've ever tried.

And purely because I don't want to lose my sewer rat status: is it me or are Sali's eyebrows getting more severe?
Will she partner with some school supply store and sell these as a new can't live without makeup tool:
1603733828703.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@Tesla's Ghost, brilliants recs, thank you. Will have a little nosy re lip Austrian lip balm.
I’ve noticed the brows too, not a fan. All for defined brows, but when you start noticing mostly the brows on someone’s face, it’s grooming gone a bit too far IMO. Not keen on the feathered brows which seem to be ‘in’ at the mo too.

Reactions: 4
Lab Muffin is so good. She's a zillion miles better than Sali and her fake knowledge about skincare that she's worn for years.

Reactions: 10
1603735302092.png

It's this one. Really cheap and better than any expensive lip balm (cough Nuxe cough) I've ever tried.
I'm torn on using LRP, Uriage or A-Derma (both great French pharmacy brands that don't get nearly as much attention as LRP), as I'm trying my best to be cruelty free, but my skin condition(s) require some specific treatments. Also, currently can't touch anything with fragrance, and usually organic, vegan etc. brands are full of essential oils. 😔

Lab Muffin is so good. She's a zillion miles better than Sali and her fake knowledge about skincare that she's worn for years.
I also go to Lab Muffin for skincare, and Michele Wang for makeup. I think I'm up to date with skincare, i.e. what I can and can't use, so I'm watching less skincare videos lately. I love Michele and even though I'm not actually buying new makeup, I like watching her videos, seeing what's new, eyeing her gorgeous rings... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
My Sali research showed she got microbladed personally I do not like microblading as everyone I know who has had it ended up with the purple pigment breakdown. This puts me right off it for me, I can live with applying powder or pencil. A tint with my threading at Christmas and summer!
I don’t really understand why you’d want to know what brow pencil someone is using when they’ve got tattooed eyebrows, but I’m clearly a sewer dweller like the rest of you so I won’t bother Sali by joining SHB to ask.

What’s the purple pigment breakdown?

Has anyone else been switching on central heating lately? It’s SO desperately cold!!

They have no smell, I use 2 handfuls per bath.

Can someone recommend good lip balm for dry lips please?
The La Roche Posay lip balm is nice, the dr sam bunting one is the most effective one ive used - but its quite stiff and with a slightly odd smell that I cant quite put my finger on. (Im waiting for cerave's healing ointment to come back in stock on iherb website because Dr Dray said its like vaseline but with added ceramides for after tret, and comes in huge sizes so will be great value over time)

Ive been influenced on the bath salts!

(PS holla if anyone is selling a nuface)

• Heart
What’s the purple pigment breakdown?

Has anyone else been switching on central heating lately? It’s SO desperately cold!!
Heating is on for sure. And since the clocks went back on Sunday I get the 100% autumn feeling which is quite nice.

I’ve only ever seen orangey pigment breakdown. I think it’s when the dye of tattooed eyebrows starts to fade and turns a weird colour.

Sorry if anyone has microblading.
I think it’s because it’s a special type of tattoo ink designed to break down (so you’re not stuck with it forever I guess) the ladies I have seen who have had it done (in black) it’s faded over time to a kind of purple. Possibly a lighter shade fades to an orange, perhaps brown.
It’s not for me. Yes I am blooming freezing despite having a lovely epsom bath!

Her column is officially a pile of utter crock. She considers herself a “journalist” yet writes nothing but fluff and tripe, meanwhile makeup artists like Lisa Eldridge (what IS her beef with LE) and Wayne Goss infinitely surpass her with their content output.

Just look at this as an example. The Guardian needs to get rid and replace her with someone who’s actually worth our subscription fees.

Thanks for the video @GTL Old-Timer
I love Wayne Goss and this was so good. You're right, something like this would be a great feature in the Guardian.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.