Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@cholulamare I’m currently bathing in some now, with rose petals and lavender no less. Tbh I didn’t realise they had the plant material in them and they are making a right mess but the Bath feels very soft right now.
I usually get the better life magnesium flakes (which don’t have flora and fauna in). Victoria health is one of my go-to shops / sites for stuff like this x

Reactions: 4
I’ve just read today’s article about the razors. Am I being really thick, but what’s sustainable about them? Or should I say, any more so than any other brand where you keep the main shaft but and just swap the blade? Don’t get it.

ETA - I know it’s steel, but my plastic one I’ve had for about 15 years and it’s still going strong, so...

Reactions: 4
Didn't read the article. However, I'm done with this kind of distribution of blame for our planet being a dumpster fire. Have to emphasise that I'm not a complete hole and I recycle and blah blah blah... hell, I don't even drive a car. But, I draw the line at bleeping razor blade cartridges.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve just read today’s article about the razors. Am I being really thick, but what’s sustainable about them? Or should I say, any more so than any other brand where you keep the main shaft but and just swap the blade? Don’t get it.

ETA - I know it’s steel, but my plastic one I’ve had for about 15 years and it’s still going strong, so...
I don’t get it either. It's also probably more sustainable to buy them in a shop rather than having them sent by mail?

Where is everyone buying their magnesium flakes/magnesium salts from please?
I get mine from TK Maxx.

Reactions: 5
@cholulamare I’m currently bathing in some now, with rose petals and lavender no less. Tbh I didn’t realise they had the plant material in them and they are making a right mess but the Bath feels very soft right now.
I usually get the better life magnesium flakes (which don’t have flora and fauna in). Victoria health is one of my go-to shops / sites for stuff like this x
Victoria Health's Garden of Wisdom Vit c serum is a _steal_ but I don't know if the formula is effective or not. However great percentage.

I know the fugly sandal talk was ages ago in the summer and everyone's moved onto baths but does anyone have any Birkenstock Eva sliders? My beloved wooden Scholls that I wear round the house are starting to split so need replacing. I wear Birkenstock Arizona sandals and find them comfortable. TIA

Tesla's post reminds me - I do hope you're all having a bath with your delicate lingerie to keep it environmentally friendly just like Sali almost certainly doesn't.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
@Mselvista I regret to inform you that my lingerie is NOT delicate. It does a difficult job reasonably well and is more function than decoration

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Went to read the article to kill what ever joy I have left or to give it a boost. It could have gone either way.

"But let me first say that I am made angry by razors". Made angry, do tell.
"They are ugly, plasticky, environmentally unhelpful and make the shower look messy." Ugly? Sure, they're not the height of design like a vintage car, but they're not supposed to be. Plasticky? Only R. M. Rilke can parallel her poetic language. "Environmentally unhelpful" as opposed to what? What could help the environment most is not shaving at all. "Make the shower look messy" - what? how?

Made it this far.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Went to read the article to kill what ever joy I have left or to give it a boost. It could have gone either way.

"But let me first say that I am made angry by razors". Made angry, do tell.
"They are ugly, plasticky, environmentally unhelpful and make the shower look messy." Ugly? Sure, they're not the height of design like a vintage car, but they're not supposed to be. Plasticky? Only R. M. Rilke can parallel her poetic language. "Environmentally unhelpful" as opposed to what? What could help the environment most is not shaving at all. "Make the shower look messy" - what? how?

Made it this far.
I can quite honestly say that in all my years of shaving, when choosing a razor my first thought has NEVER been "Will it make the shower look messy?" :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry to sound like an btl commenter of yore but the option of not shaving one's legs doesn't appear to have been considered. Most agree that testing on animals for beauty products. Why is environmental damage (notwithstanding that consumer impact is minimal compared to that of corporations) as a consequence of the pursuit of "beauty" Ok?
I'm still awaiting SH's challenging our definition of beauty as she previously professed she wanted to. I've never seen any evidence of it other than her distaste for contouring and her enthusiasm for describing it as faceting one's face like gemstone. 💤

"They are ugly, plasticky, environmentally unhelpful and make the shower look messy." Ugly? Sure, they're not the height of design like a vintage car, but they're not supposed to be. Plasticky? Only R. M. Rilke can parallel her poetic language.
The Beauty Banks IG account used the term learny the other day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
My lingerie prefers to be referred to as underwear. Or ling-eree if it's feeling cheeky.

Reactions: 3
Her column is officially a pile of utter crock. She considers herself a “journalist” yet writes nothing but fluff and tripe, meanwhile makeup artists like Lisa Eldridge (what IS her beef with LE) and Wayne Goss infinitely surpass her with their content output.

Just look at this as an example. The Guardian needs to get rid and replace her with someone who’s actually worth our subscription fees.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well, the column is nothing more than endless lines of products, isn’t it? Getting more and more forlornly niche with each week. Remember the joy of waking up to an invigorating article about sustainable razors on a Saturday morning?

To me make up artists like LE or WG are enjoyable and inspiring to watch because they focus on looks/skin issues/coping with ageing etc and NOT the blinking products the whole time.

Reactions: 13
If Sali is struggling with getting her new high tops on she should invest in a shoe horn. I’ve never been much of a trainer wearer but have bought some since lockdown as the thought of putting my hooves into shoes and boots now kills me. With, of course, time on my hands, I watched a vid about lacing 🙄. But actually, the guy was very helpful and said you need to get a shoe horn else you will damage the back of your ‘fresh creps’. Got one from Amazon and found it totally flippin useful.

Reactions: 3
Ooh, perhaps she is preparing to launch a nice ‘Sali x Missoma’ shoehorn in attractive yellow gold.

I PAID, ALRIGHT?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You may be amused to know I just emptied the washing machine and a bra (fashion singular?) has ejected a wire, I kid you not. Maybe I should have worn it in the bath (that will never happen)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.