Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember reading about someone taking their tights into the shower and washing them there. So I tried it. They took ages to dry and smelled of damp.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
The Guardian won’t get rid of her - they need her ad dolla. No doubt they get kickbacks on all those Hershesons mentions.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
The Guardian won’t get rid of her - they need her ad dolla. No doubt they get kickbacks on all those Hershesons mentions.
The links in the articles are affiliated. No doubt the "Sali effect" is part of the reason she's still there.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
One of her eco tips to justify taking a bath was that she washes her underwired bras which should be handwashed at the same time.
What, then has a lovely soak in the dreft filled bath? Or she bathes in eco washing pods? Or soaks her smalls in fifty quid bath oil?
Yeah I don’t believe her.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Recognise.

My lingerie must offer more support than the Humber Bridge.
I think it was Jo Brand who made a gag about her bras being from B&Q rather than D&G.

Lisa Eldridge...what IS her beef with LE
She didn't get any lipsticks, I don't think. Someone asked quite recently under one if her posts and she said something like she'd heard good things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
One of her eco tips to justify taking a bath was that she washes her underwired bras which should be handwashed at the same time.

Found it- misremembered a little.

View attachment 286832
The idea of bathing in my hair wash water is quite unappealing, nay disgusting. One of the reasons I don't wash my hair standing up is because the shampoo would set off my eczema. I wash my bod with wildly glamorous Emulsifying Ointment BP and use the unscented magnesium flakes. They're often on offer in Waitrose, the local healthfood shop or Holland & Barrett.

If Sali is struggling with getting her new high tops on she should invest in a shoe horn. I’ve never been much of a trainer wearer but have bought some since lockdown as the thought of putting my hooves into shoes and boots now kills me. With, of course, time on my hands, I watched a vid about lacing 🙄. But actually, the guy was very helpful and said you need to get a shoe horn else you will damage the back of your ‘fresh creps’. Got one from Amazon and found it totally flippin useful.
Clarks sell really sturdy metal shoehorns with a decent long handle for about 8 quid.

Clarks sell really sturdy metal shoehorns with a decent long handle for about 8 quid.
I mean if shoe horns aren’t ripe for a Nanna chic reinvention, I don’t know what is. There’s got to be potential to add faux feminist slogans and Nanna-style retro flower motifs? Just scanned Etsy and found no sign of any. Quick! Some skidder set up a niche Fancy Shoe Horns business and that’ll be a swipe-up or pre-Christmas column sorted for her. (Not strictly beauty but she’s clearly desperate for content.)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ok I saw the Goop shower sex foot rest and now all I can think of is how it’s given a whole new meaning to consciously uncoupling. I’ll see myself out.

• Haha
  • Sick
Oh wow Burchill is back! Just had a look at that article, very interesting.
I don’t like everything she writes (who does?) but I kind of like having her around if you know what I mean?

Reactions: 15
I do know what you mean.

She was the journalist they all wanted to be (I think CM has acknowledged that). I used literally to run to the newsagents to get my weekly copy of the NME when she started out.

Reactions: 4
Oh wow Burchill is back! Just had a look at that article, very interesting.
I don’t like everything she writes (who does?) but I kind of like having her around if you know what I mean?
I’ve always been interested in what she has to say even tho obvs can’t spell her last name 🙄. She’s really going for those pair!
Meant to say I could only find the Birkenstocks I wanted at Shuperb.

Reactions: 2
Going back a post or fifty - I have a subscription to FFS razors (I am in the UK, I say that because I think that they are based in Scotland so don't know if they ship outside the UK). They are brilliant. My blades come on subscription, you can save your dead blades and once you have 12 send them back for recycling (in the plastic trays they came in, in one of the boxes they came in). I really like them. A couple of my friends use them too and also like them. I got the husband a subscription to Harrys, he says they are goo. Not sure if they will recycle the blades (may be I will send those back to FFS too, see what happens :unsure:)

On salts, Amazon or I add them to the Ocado shop.

Reactions: 2
Going back a post or fifty - I have a subscription to FFS razors (I am in the UK, I say that because I think that they are based in Scotland so don't know if they ship outside the UK). They are brilliant. My blades come on subscription, you can save your dead blades and once you have 12 send them back for recycling (in the plastic trays they came in, in one of the boxes they came in). I really like them. A couple of my friends use them too and also like them. I got the husband a subscription to Harrys, he says they are goo. Not sure if they will recycle the blades (may be I will send those back to FFS too, see what happens :unsure:)

On salts, Amazon or I add them to the Ocado shop.
FFS ships to 25 European countries. The one Sali recommends, Estrid, is just UK and a couple of other countries I think. I think this is another example of her following the money, both companies offer a similar service at a similar price yet one has a much greater reach, it's weird she didn't mention it.
I have added a big tub of magnesium salts to my amazon basket. Looking forward to trying them asap.

Reactions: 4
I’m just running a bath @Skiddidlydaddle and I am chucking a load in as I type. Off this week for half term and it’s pissing down outside so I’m having a brew, bath and read

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.