Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think I’d trust a suction shower sex foot rest to sustain my weight during sex. 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 7
"There’s a good chance that you have bought something from a disruptor by now. You know the sort of thing: a mattress that came, not on a lorry from a department store, but rolled up in a box from a website selling nothing else. Maybe you no longer buy your laundry detergent from Asda, but in pods that are delivered each month, through your letterbox, while you take an exercise class on the Peloton app instead of joining a gym. These are companies using the internet to challenge the way we shop for everyday goods and services – and now they’ve gone and disrupted my legs."

Note: the above is not parody

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Squeezing in that Peloton reference there. We see you.

She’s going to get cancelled any minute now for using the word “women” 🍿.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m a lurker more than a commenter on here, and often wonder whether we nitpick out of frustration and disappointment with how someone we respected and trusted has turned into a generic influencer. So I’ve questioned my reaction to today’s column to check it’s not just me being pissy.

I was genuinely excited when I saw she was writing about sustainable razors. I changed to a metal safety razor last year and it’s great. Metal blade that can be recycled. No plastic. Blades are super cheap. What Sali is recommending isn’t that. It’s better than a disposable razor but still has plastic encased disposable blades. It’s not really any different to what you can buy in boots (in terms of sustainability, not necessarily quality). It feels like such a missed opportunity.

to balance things out - I bought a gold glasses chain to keep my face mask on. #influenced

edit: also props to her for using the word “women”, as @rosemarina identified. Noted And appreciated when I was reading the column.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Have said it before, need to just say it again. I cannot believe she gets paid for that drivel. October 2020 and she is just writing about this. She really is embracing the Nana lifestyle in more ways than one.

Reactions: 7
I'm not really comfortable about commenting on the hot potato of gender here. I just want to acknowledge we spent an entire day and maybe more not chatting about Sali and her bullshit. Go us! Now what's this about eco razors that aren't really eco? Gonna go have a look. Ps. Pity she didn't shoehorn anything about sexshowerfootrests? I'd be all over that

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m a lurker more than a commenter on here, and often wonder whether we nitpick out of frustration and disappointment with how someone we respected and trusted has turned into a generic influencer. So I’ve questioned my reaction to today’s column to check it’s not just me being pissy.

I was genuinely excited when I saw she was writing about sustainable razors. I changed to a metal safety razor last year and it’s great. Metal blade that can be recycled. No plastic. Blades are super cheap. What Sali is recommending isn’t that. It’s better than a disposable razor but still has plastic encased disposable blades. It’s not really any different to what you can buy in boots (in terms of sustainability, not necessarily quality). It feels like such a missed opportunity.

to balance things out - I bought a gold glasses chain to keep my face mask on. #influenced

edit: also props to her for using the word “women”, as @rosemarina identified. Noted And appreciated when I was reading the column.
I don’t quite understand what you mean about the word ‘women’? Sorry for being dense!

Reactions: 1
They don't send the estrid brand where I live but there is another brand ffs which does. I just set up a subscription for my husband for Christmas, I think it's a great idea. Its definitely an area in my household that we have been wasteful in. The razors only come in rose gold but it's got his name engraved on it. I'm sure he's going to feel very extra with his rose gold razor.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I still have a scar on the top of my foot from using a Nymph razor with replaceable blades 45 years ago! Epilator all the way for me, it's completely painless - I must have numbed my follicles by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No thanks to this thread title, I've got the WORST recurring earworm of The Commitments version of Mustang Sally every effing time I come here 😣

"Roiyd Sally, Roiyd"

tumblr_lr4go64iAo1r0967yo1_400.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is it bad that I use my husband’s razor? He is subscribed to Cornerstone (metal handle and razors, come in recyclable packaging) and the quality of their razor is so much better than the flimsy plastic ones. I don’t understand why razors have to be gender specific. Just another way of cashing in on old stereotypes.

Reactions: 12
According to some "gender critical" feminists the use of the word woman is in the process of being eliminated. And people are getting "cancelled" for merely stating biological facts. You're definitely not being dense.
I don’t quite understand what you mean about the word ‘women’? Sorry for being dense!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Regarding the bath talk from yesterday, so jealous of anyone who has a bath in their home. I'd have one every night if I could. Epsom salt baths are the best

• Heart
Reactions: 8
According to some "gender critical" feminists the use of the word woman is in the process of being eliminated. And people are getting "cancelled" for merely stating biological facts. You're definitely not being dense.

Tbf she took it back and apologised.

Sorry, I didn't mean to share that out of context, I didn't realise only part of exchange showed up. I shared it more because it's one of SH's fellow beauty journos (she writes in the Mail) taking the piss out of the subject of her forthcoming column.
This must be one of the most phoned in columns. I thought SH swore by a Lumea anyway?

Screenshot_20201024-153405_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-153410_Twitter.jpg

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.