Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happily I am awake with middle of the night insomnia, UGH. I’m normally pretty good sleep wise but these last couple of weeks have been a witch for it. I’m just posting to say I enjoy this thread and the others that are related very much. Would love a tea / coffee / hun hangout but tier 3 beckons here. I’m generally a mixed bag with likes and loves etc -some days I’m liking indiscriminately and others I am very considered. Lisa’s Lipsticks arrived today but I couldn’t bring myself to break into the lipstick and ruin the perfection of the fresh bullet.... got the Beauty set ( kept getting confused with blush) it’s gorgeous. Might have been influenced to buy a Velvet Ribbon too.

I know we don’t stray onto COVID chat here, but it’s really getting to me this past week or 2. The chat here really brightens my day up - which I realise sounds mega sad - I do have friends honest 😂.
Re the sleepover, could Lisa read a bedtime story? I’m sure I would sleep soundly after that!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes! What do I look like in your imagination, I wonder?! 🧐
Apologies for the unprompted answer, for me you are your avatar in human form: a blonde with clear skin & freckles, wearing glasses while you go through your legal work and I always picture you in those black billowing robes. 🤣 Rose coloured lipstick. Very groomed but currently a bit tired (maybe some blue underneath your eyes?) because of the twins.

I imagine you wear a lot of black, so out of your robes you might be in a black dress with a high neckline, smart black jeans and top.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Happily I am awake with middle of the night insomnia, UGH. I’m normally pretty good sleep wise but these last couple of weeks have been a witch for it. I’m just posting to say I enjoy this thread and the others that are related very much. Would love a tea / coffee / hun hangout but tier 3 beckons here. I’m generally a mixed bag with likes and loves etc -some days I’m liking indiscriminately and others I am very considered. Lisa’s Lipsticks arrived today but I couldn’t bring myself to break into the lipstick and ruin the perfection of the fresh bullet.... got the Beauty set ( kept getting confused with blush) it’s gorgeous. Might have been influenced to buy a Velvet Ribbon too.

I know we don’t stray onto COVID chat here, but it’s really getting to me this past week or 2. The chat here really brightens my day up - which I realise sounds mega sad - I do have friends honest 😂.
Re the sleepover, could Lisa read a bedtime story? I’m sure I would sleep soundly after that!!!!
I too have been experiencing terrible sleep and adhd means i have generally struggled with keeping to sleep schedules. Weirdly just last night I watched a Lisa Eldridge video (make up for meeting the ex). Her voice is just so soothing. Didn't help me sleep though, as I just always fall into a trap of reading the comments! 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I too have been experiencing terrible sleep and adhd means i have generally struggled with keeping to sleep schedules. Weirdly just last night I watched a Lisa Eldridge video (make up for meeting the ex). Her voice is just so soothing. Didn't help me sleep though, as I just always fall into a trap of reading the comments! 🤷‍♀️
I do that too with comments on YouTube and IGTV videos, and then I want to either reply or add my own...next thing a couple of hours have passed...still awake ☹

Whenever I have trouble sleeping I end up reading the comments to online newspaper articles I wasn’t even that interested in in the first place. And I ask my self WHY??? I get so angry with myself then. Makes me stay awake till 4 in the morning sometimes.
😖

Reactions: 4
Whenever I have trouble sleeping I end up reading the comments to online newspaper articles I wasn’t even that interested in in the first place. And I ask my self WHY??? I get so angry with myself then. Makes me stay awake till 4 in the morning sometimes.
😖
Don't get angry with yourself. That just adds to the insomnia. But you might want a new method to try and get to sleep. I listen to boring podcasts sometimes. But that requires that I step away from the other diversions :)

Don't get angry with yourself. That just adds to the insomnia. But you might want a new method to try and get to sleep. I listen to boring podcasts sometimes. But that requires that I step away from the other diversions :)
You’re right of course, it can’t get any more counterproductive than getting pointlessly angry while unable to sleep! 🙈

Banning my phone from from the bedroom might help.

I really enjoy the podcast ‘Nothing Much Happens’ for sleep.

Reactions: 2
I really enjoy the podcast ‘Nothing Much Happens’ for sleep.
Thanks for the recommendation. I often listen to Case File and whilst it's about true crime, the guy's voice has the ability to put me to sleep if I'm lying down :)

Reactions: 3
Thanks for the recommendation. I often listen to Case File and whilst it's about true crime, the guy's voice has the ability to put me to sleep if I'm lying down :)
I love me some Casefile, but he does sound like he's been lobotomized.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
yes. Remains the best red lipstick I have ever bought. Was tempted to buy another as mine is nearly done, I never use up lippies.
Have you gotRuby Woo and Red Carpet Red, though? I have and don’t want to get Velvet Ribbon in case it’s exactly the same.

Apologies for the unprompted answer, for me you are your avatar in human form: a blonde with clear skin & freckles, wearing glasses while you go through your legal work and I always picture you in those black billowing robes. 🤣 Rose coloured lipstick. Very groomed but currently a bit tired (maybe some blue underneath your eyes?) because of the twins.

I imagine you wear a lot of black, so out of your robes you might be in a black dress with a high neckline, smart black jeans and top.
Haha, this is about 80% me. However, though I am a barrister I actually work in a commercial law firm instead of chambers so I am very rarely in court. I wear 🤓 during waking hours because I can’t be assed with contact lenses. I DO have clear skin now thanks to double cleansing and acids though I didn’t during most of my thirties (I was severely depressed and thus negligent with hygiene). I DO wear a rose coloured lipstick during the day at work!! 😂

Since COVID and the triplets (two girls and a boy 😬) I’ve been home in joggers and a hoodie. One of my daughters went through a phase of projectile 🤮 so no smart clothes for The Wife and I!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️ And no, I am not a bit tired. I AM EXHAUSTED!! I don’t wear high necked dresses, just dresses. And I stupidly favour black despite having two cats and a dog.

—————-

I have a question for the hive mind, please! I am naturally mousey brown haired but dye it blonde. Having gone through some of Sali’s old videos I would quite like to go dark brown (I am ghostly pale and have blue eyes) but my wife thinks I might unsettle the children with such a drastic change (they’re ten months). What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Have you gotRuby Woo and Red Carpet Red, though? I have and don’t want to get Velvet Ribbon in case it’s exactly the same.
I have all 3 and Lisa’s one is the best in looks, application, comfort and longevity. The bullet is so pretty too, it really looks like velvet. They are all very similar in colour though, so if you are happy with the other two prob not worth buying it.

i have had Ruby Woo and found it horribly drying. Is Red Carpet Red a Tilbury one? If so I don’t buy her stuff so can’t comment I’m afraid. As a rule I hate matt lipsticks, usually find them too dry and uncomfortable to wear. Haven’t found that at all with the LE ones. If I take time to apply it properly, it fades to a stain evenly (if you know what I mean).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.