Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting is not bad either. An American guy with a deep and soothing voice and a scratchy painting technique. Only typing it sends a slight shiver down the back of my head.
The paintings may not be everybody’s cup of tea, thought I’d mention that in case any of you have refined artistic sensibilities. 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Well I must say it's been quite some time since I've been influenced to this degree after reading here last night. I got practically no sleep because I was filled with anxiety trying to decide what shade lipstick to splurge on. Woke up this morning and allayed my anxieties by buying both - velvet ribbon and velvet beauty! I hope I've chosen wisely guys...

I love all the descriptions of you guys, some I guessed, and some I was way off. All in all I'm now forever reminded of a cool group of Banarama girls!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I would love to listen to something to get off to sleep. Mr DragName isn’t a fan of any sort of noise and needs silence to get to sleep, though. Would quite like to wake up to the radio as well but he’s not a fan of that either (and in fairness, I’m not a fan of the standby light you normally get on radios). I’ve never really got on with wearing headphones to bed.
I don't know if this would work for you, but you can buy speakers that go under your pillow and transmit to your ear without emitting noise to the whole room. Obviously you'd need to sleep on your side to hear it, but it might be worth considering; they're about £15, so not a huge investment if it doesn't work out.

Reactions: 5
I would love to listen to something to get off to sleep. Mr DragName isn’t a fan of any sort of noise and needs silence to get to sleep, though. Would quite like to wake up to the radio as well but he’s not a fan of that either (and in fairness, I’m not a fan of the standby light you normally get on radios). I’ve never really got on with wearing headphones to bed. My sleep has been rotten lately, probably like lots of others, the old pandemic is starting to wear me down a bit.
I occasionally use a speaker that goes under your pillow. Your partner can't hear it, and you can have whatever you want playing.

Damn, just read the next post, already suggested. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I would love to listen to something to get off to sleep. Mr DragName isn’t a fan of any sort of noise and needs silence to get to sleep, though. Would quite like to wake up to the radio as well but he’s not a fan of that either (and in fairness, I’m not a fan of the standby light you normally get on radios). I’ve never really got on with wearing headphones to bed. My sleep has been rotten lately, probably like lots of others, the old pandemic is starting to wear me down a bit.
There are wireless earbuds which play sleepy sounds but I've never tried them.

My worst sleep problem is waking up at stupid o'clock and not being able to drop off again. I follow Dr Guy Meadows Acceptance advice where you don't get out of bed as he says this just trains you to expect to get out of bed in the night.

Reactions: 4
There are wireless earbuds which play sleepy sounds but I've never tried them.

My worst sleep problem is waking up at stupid o'clock and not being able to drop off again. I follow Dr Guy Meadows Acceptance advice where you don't get out of bed as he says this just trains you to expect to get out of bed in the night.

I don't get out of bed. Doesn't work. And I try to get out of bed sometimes. I think it's just trial and error.

If youre a cat person id recommend listening to cat purring on youtube when stressed, i realise how tense i am when i put it on and my shoulders relax

• Heart
If actually falling asleep is an issue I can recommend taking a couple each of magnesium and valerian tablets in the evening. Those combined with reading until my eyes are drooping and I'm out like a light.

Edit: Sorry, I don't think valerian is available in the UK is it? I don't recall seeing it in the vitamin section there.

Last edited:
Yes! It's has an incredibly relaxing effect, you can get the teabags mixed with chamomile, tablets or a liquid tincture in my local supermarket and all work really well. Cheap as chips too.

Reactions: 1
I've heard lots of people talk about magnesium actually. I really should go get myself some.

Reactions: 1
It is very good (and helps with twitchy eyes, too) but do bear in mind that it's a mild laxative, so don't go mad with it :D . (Magnesium, this is.)

• Haha
Whoever was raving about Nemone on 6 music the other day...OH MY WORD her programme this morning was amazing and Mary Anne Hobbs right now is making me miss being young and partying.

• Heart
I've heard lots of people talk about magnesium actually. I really should go get myself some.
magnesium bath salts are ace too- I’ve been using them since LE raved about them and they are great for general relaxation and muscle aches.

magnesium bath salts are ace too- I’ve been using them since LE raved about them and they are great for general relaxation and muscle aches.
Got rid of our bath. Thought we never have baths so why bother. Major regrets now. Shaving legs in a shower cubicles is much harder!

Reactions: 5
Got rid of our bath. Thought we never have baths so why bother. Major regrets now. Shaving legs in a shower cubicles is much harder!
I was considering getting rid of our bath, too, but now you mention it: I always put my foot on the side of the bath when shaving my legs. Also, I need it for sitting on when drying my hair.
So, the Bath is staying! 😂

• Haha
I was considering getting rid of our bath, too, but now you mention it: I always put my foot on the side of the bath when shaving my legs. Also, I need it for sitting on when drying my hair.
So, the Bath is staying! 😂
We rarely have baths either, but on the odd occasion either one of us feels the urge it is just so worth it. Utterly marvellous for relaxing on a winter evening after a long, stressful day. I say keep the tub!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We rarely have baths either, but on the odd occasion either one of us feels the urge it is just so worth it. Utterly marvellous for relaxing on a winter evening after a long, stressful day. I say keep the tub!
Considering getting a very large bucket,

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.