Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unforgotten is so good! Im still disapointed at my flatmates that they declined the production request to film in our generic ex-social flat :m
She also shines in Spooks (which someone just told me is a racial slur in America). Ruth Evershed would not had let the covid situation get outta hand.

If anyone has similar tv recommendations i'd be all ears (excl now tv - ending that subscription was suuuuuch a chore)
Thank you so much for the recommendation, there’s not an awful lot of Unforgotten left!
And the bit about the flat - just wow! How does that work, how does a production company become aware that your flat might be a good location? I’m all excited 😆

Reactions: 1
On the topic of giving likes: I often like posts because I feel the poster is being very open and dare I say honest. When the way some of you put things just touches a nerve. This sewer is truly full of really thoughtful, eloquent and funny people.
Totally agree. If this thread was "OMG what a witch Sali is" I can't see many of us sticking around. On a normal day, posters here variously crack me up, make me smile, give me food for thought.

I've purchased multiple books recommended here, also. And today I purchased a LE lipstick based on the #notsponsored #not required #notanad recommendations here.

Reactions: 8
Just couldn’t resist to tell you: your profile picture and and the discussion around it (ages ago!) inspired me to watch Unforgotten on Amazon prime. It’s brilliant! Thanks for choosing DCI Stuart.

On the topic of dream meetings for coffee: Even though I know otherwise - of course! - I always Imagine @DCICassieStuart, @Yel, @Mselvista to look exactly like their profile pics 🤣. I have the intellectual age of three, apparently.
Oh I'm delighted to hear that I was an 'influencer;, but in a good way 😂 Have you watched all 3 series? Series 4 is just finished so it shouldn't be too long before we get to see it.

As regards looking like DCI Cassie Stuart, well I have long brown hair, but I think that's about the only similarity.

Reactions: 5
Really late to the chat but I bought Velvet Beauty for my wedding next year and it is the most beautiful shade and formula I could imagine.

Like my lips but a million times better. Lisa is amazing. So weird that Sali never endorses her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh I'm delighted to hear that I was an 'influencer;, but in a good way 😂 Have you watched all 3 series? Series 4 is just finished so it shouldn't be too long before we get to see it.

As regards looking like DCI Cassie Stuart, well I have long brown hair, but I think that's about the only similarity.
Just started on 3 and once I start I find it so hard to stop. Good to know there’s more to come! ☺

Reactions: 3
Really late to the chat but I bought Velvet Beauty for my wedding next year and it is the most beautiful shade and formula I could imagine.

Like my lips but a million times better. Lisa is amazing. So weird that Sali never endorses her.
I wish I had purchased Velvet Beauty as well, it looks gorgeous!

Totally agree. If this thread was "OMG what a witch Sali is" I can't see many of us sticking around. On a normal day, posters here variously crack me up, make me smile, give me food for thought.

I've purchased multiple books recommended here, also. And today I purchased a LE lipstick based on the #notsponsored #not required #notanad recommendations here.
As a Friday vid person, I wouldn’t still be here if it was an OMG Sali is a witch thing. I really enjoy reading everyone’s contributions and discerning viewpoints. Some very good commentary here so thanks all.

Reactions: 8
Thank you so much for the recommendation, there’s not an awful lot of Unforgotten left!
And the bit about the flat - just wow! How does that work, how does a production company become aware that your flat might be a good location? I’m all excited 😆
Letter saying 'X production company wish to film in the area for a series starring Nicola Walker (❤) and would compensate you for use of your property for 5 days'.
Oo very excited for another series thanks for sharing sewer rats. I'll take any light at the end of 2020, no matter how small!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Letter saying 'X production company wish to film in the area for a series starring Nicola Walker (❤) and would compensate you for use of your property for 5 days'.
Oo very excited for another series thanks for sharing sewer rats. I'll take any light at the end of 2020, no matter how small!
Is it really that simple? :ROFLMAO: And more importantly: What did you to your flatmates in revenge for refusing to let Nicola Walker into your flat?

• Haha
Is it really that simple? :ROFLMAO: And more importantly: What did you to your flatmates in revenge for refusing to let Nicola Walker into your flat?
The production team prob give a letter to everyone on the street, doubt we were special. Ahhh nothing, I was already a sewer rat, I couldnt sink any lower!

• Haha
Oh, @Mazerati, that sounds so hard. Kids in your vicinity being at risk is the most worrying situation (I’ve been there). Also with you on the bluntness. I wish we all could go for a coffee/booze up, as despite being tragic, ‘bullying’ skidders, there are some people of real insight and articulacy on here.
Thanks Disi. The kids seemed fine this afternoon. They were shrieking whilst playing in the bath (my walls are so thin!). And the dad was mending the broken door. No idea what happened as they don't speak English and well... Can't really be too nosy.

Back to the petty dramas of Ms Loved Them for Years.

I wish I could do a 'hahahahahahaha' reaction. This post bucks the trend of other people's dreams being boring.

If I wasn't one of 'the three' then I hope we meet for coffee in another one of your dreams. I have a flat white.

@Mazerati 😘 😘

Lots of people appreciate bluntness. As women, we have been told that we should moderate it, but there is nothing wrong with it in and of itself, and I don't think I even batted an eye at your 'blunt post', although as women we are more attuned to notice it.

I will definitely have a coffee with you in dreamspace. I'm not having dreams at the moment but if I could choose to then I would invite you round, if that means anything. :coffee::m
So lately I have been having these visceral momentary flashbacks of the previous night's dream the following night as my head touches the pillow. It is a tiny blur of a flashback but I can feel it. So bizarre. WHAT DOES IT MEEEEAAANNN?

Last edited:
I’ve enjoyed the messages today! I’m sorry I haven’t been able to keep up and reply properly with the consideration the posts warrant.

Hope I dream of more socials with you all tonight 😂. Maybe this time we’ll be playing tig with Eric. Hopefully though, we’ll be having a sleepover with Lisa Eldridge and Lauren Luke. Maybe we’ll watch Grease and do face masks, drink wine and try on lipstick/discuss our colour seasons.

On bluntness - I respect it and it makes me feel secure.

@Mazerati Sorry you had a difficult day and I’m glad we have a community here. It seems that DH attracts really excellent people.

@Toomuch your posts today resonate with me. I’ll see you at the sleepover at Lisa’s and we can discuss being too much.

@SqualorVictoria I’m an indiscriminate liker too. Since these posts about it I’m trying to tone myself down a bit🤣

Am also going to try not to over analyse who has or hasn’t liked my posts 🤯

Those of you I’m familiar with but who don’t have a profile picture, I’ve got quite a detailed image of. Particularly @GTL Old-Timer @SqualorVictoria and @melfish

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thanks Disi. The kids seemed fine this afternoon. They were shrieking whilst playing in the bath (my walls are so thin!). And the dad was mending the broken door. No idea what happened as they don't speak English and well... Can't really be too nosy.

Back to the petty dramas of Ms Loved Them for Years.

So lately I have been having these visceral momentary flashbacks of the previous night's dream the following night as my head touches the pillow. It is a tiny blur of a flashback but I can feel it. So bizarre. WHAT DOES IT MEEEEAAANNN?

I have this as well!!!!!!

Ooh what's the image you have of me? Enquiring minds need to know 🤣
you’ve got dark blonde shoulder length hair and you’re sort of grungy. You’re groomed. Possibly wearing black DMs with skinny jeans and a cashmere roll neck. You have a matte red lip, perfectly applied.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I awkwardly wanted to add at this price sensitive time (as someone who gets fomo incase anyone else has fomo) the lisa eldridge lipsticks are lovely, but aren't 'revolutionary' as she describes, even she isn't immune to hyperbole :m

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I have this as well!!!!!!

you’ve got dark blonde shoulder length hair and you’re sort of grungy. You’re groomed. Possibly wearing black DMs with skinny jeans and a cashmere roll neck. You have a matte red lip, perfectly applied.
Everything is bang on, except the hair (brunette) and I don't own any DMs!

Oh and while I wear roll necks, they're not cashmere! #beefy

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.