Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Velvet beauty arrived! Its such a chic pink (only makeup purchase in 6 months, i resisted getting a set!)

If anyone tries the glosses,
- does hair stick to them?
- do they actually improve dry lips?
- are they mask proof?
Thanks in advance 😘

Reactions: 4
- does hair stick to them?
- do they actually improve dry lips?
- are they mask proof?
Thanks in advance 😘
no hair stick
yes on the dry lips, feels so good
haven’t tried under a mask yet, doubt they would be though.

they feel so nice, I honestly wish I had bought more of the glosses.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
For me the DO'P thing is not about her being a hypocrite (most of us are in some way or another) or it making what's said here Ok (I don't tend to ponder What Would Sali Do when faced with a moral dilemma) but makes her insistence that the impulse or desire to witch about a stranger on the internet with strangers is unfathomable. That those who engage in it are sewer dwellers and "mentalists". Also she keeps referring to posters continuing after she said that she was hurt by it. She said it in a video which was a highly misleading version of events filled with demonstrable exaggeration and hyperbole. So forgive us if we didn't consider it to be credible. And she continues to use a sort of sleight of hand - never quoting any abuse but leaving readers/listening with a distorted view of what has happened. She tried intimidating people who *dared* to ask about botox/bullying allegations in the beauty industry/language used about the menopause under some IG posts. The threads were relatively tame prior to her video. If posters were mistaken about her having a commercial relationship with brands, perhaps she could have clarified that in a professional manner? Instead of lashing out like a petulant child.
Btw - I'm pretty sure DO'P would hate us/here, I've seen a few comments saying "I wish" she'd comment on SH and SH's part in what DO'P experienced. It was obviously a traumatic exoerience for Dawn and from people in her own industry and/or who she had thought were friends. The idea that DO'P should talk about it to vindicate us in some way is misguided imo.
You make some very good new points here. My favourite are in bold.

I too never wonder 'WWSD?'. Mainly, I want to not be like her.

(I held this comment back so it was its own separate post!)

Reactions: 2
I had a dream three of us from here met for coffee (there was a ‘rule of 3s’ in place in the dream) and I turned up in a spy disguise for a laugh, complete with newspaper with two eye holes cut out.
I wish I could do a 'hahahahahahaha' reaction. This post bucks the trend of other people's dreams being boring.

If I wasn't one of 'the three' then I hope we meet for coffee in another one of your dreams. I have a flat white.

Oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing and I so needed to hear that right now. My nerves are seriously jangled this morning. Last night I heard someone howling with grief on the street. I go out and there's a bunch of people comforting a girl who had her phone stolen from someone on a bike. She sounded like it was the last straw for a terrible day and it was so shocking.

Then this morning there was a dawn raid on my next door neighbours. They are a family with small children. I have no idea what's been going on next door but I just cannot stop thinking about those poor kids. My heart just breaks for them. They did nothing wrong and were woken up and experienced such terror.

None of this impacts me directly but I'm feeling pretty raw right now.

I couldn't give a tit about Sali right now. I just needed to vent somewhere so I came here. And saw your post. Maybe let's have that coffee in dreamspace. I could do with it.

Also I have a tendency to be blunt sometimes. it's annoying and I try to moderate myself but then sometimes I have the devil in my brain saying "it's ok to be blunt, stop apologising for your existence" often at the wrong time :/
@Mazerati 😘 😘

Lots of people appreciate bluntness. As women, we have been told that we should moderate it, but there is nothing wrong with it in and of itself, and I don't think I even batted an eye at your 'blunt post', although as women we are more attuned to notice it.

I will definitely have a coffee with you in dreamspace. I'm not having dreams at the moment but if I could choose to then I would invite you round, if that means anything. :coffee::m

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I imagine you'd feel the same shaking J. Nivens' hand.
I just (unintentionally*) saw a Nivens tweet about him being subject to a rectal Covid test in order to enter Berlin. I assume this is a fevered fantasy of his, but who knows. The man is a Freudian wet dream. 🤮

* honest guv

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
I think that's done because we were getting lots of people triple, quadruple, quintuple and even sextuple 😲 posting.

It's not perfect as sometimes you do want to like a post but can't due to one sentence you don't agree with. But probably better than the alternative.

What I do if I have two seperate posts is write the second one, click preview so it will definitely all be saved then post after someone else has :LOL:

------------------

Maybe adding a line would help separate posts?
BIB is a good tip. In fact, I've just done it for this post.

I've definitely quadruple/quintuple posted before... Maybe not sextuple. I wanted to post several comments before a thread moved on and they were less relevant, and I didn't want to sit around and wait until other people posted so I could 'release' my posts :ROFLMAO: Also, some threads are slow moving and you'd be holding onto your thoughts forever. I'm guessing that people may only have a short timeframe each day to come on here and engage, so they face this dilemma.

I hope you'll allow my previous possibly shameful quintuple post as a rare event (I'm thinking of another poster's 'I'll allow it' meme :ROFLMAO:) I'm seeking your approval 🙏

Adding a line would help make separate posts clearer, but it wouldn't solve the problem of not wanting to like a post if you don't like its constituent parts.

Btw, maybe I'm being stupid, but what's so bad about double, triple etc. posting? There isn't a finite amount of space where you're stopping other people from engaging. I'm thinking of the lady you guys talk about on Sali's forum who posts her empties :ROFLMAO:😘 she doesn't hurt anyone.

Do people really put that much thought into likes? I don't have to agree with everything someone says to "like" a post. Hell, I've even liked posts I disagree with!
I do, but I'm a very considered person in that regard, and I'm sure everyone's different.

I'm sure we all engage here differently but, personally, I do consider quite carefully what I 'like' 'love' etc.

Before I post anything I re-read it and ask myself whether I'm happy to stand by what I've written. Before I 'like' anything I consider whether it's a view I endorse (if it's that sort of post). I also 'like' posts where someone's responded with information to something I've posted.
@Aude, I'm exactly the same as you. Are you a virgo?! If I 'like' or 'love' something, I really do like or love it! And if I click 'haha', it really has made me laugh, or at least smile. I'm quite literal in that way and want to be true to myself. I also consider this forum public in the sense that anyone could see what I've liked if they want, and so I also don't want to like things that I don't really agree with because of that, even thought I consider myself amongst friends here, and no-one knows who I really am! Maybe this is partly why I don't consider myself a troll, because I do take responsibility for my actions in that way. Some people might think I'm taking things a bit seriously, but that's just who I am.

P.s. I even sometimes 'take away' likes when I read something again and don't like it as much as I thought I did :ROFLMAO: That could be considered mean, but it's the truth 🤷‍♀️

I am also an indiscriminate liker and lover. I don't give it much thought. Click happy.
I see you liking my posts Skiddidlydaddle, and I love it! 😘

Omg, now THIS is a 'quadruple post' and everyone hates me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
But @Too Much if I like or love something I also really like or love it. My point is that I don't have to like every single point made on a multiple post, if I even like one point and disagree with another, that's enough for me.

Reactions: 8
You've all influenced me. I bought Blush. I did have three in my basket at one point though (free makeup bag! no extra £ for postage!) but managed to talk some sense into myself (I have 7,000 makeup bags! £3 postage on a £26 lippie is still a lot less than £78 on three lippies!) so I consider that a success. I might not have been so strong if Velvet Dragon wasn't out of stock (in love with Velvet Morning as well but the angel on my shoulder was telling me I don't need another bright orange/red Lady Danger-alike).

Edit typos

Reactions: 6
But @Too Much if I like or love something I also really like or love it. My point is that I don't have to like every single point made on a multiple post, if I even like one point and disagree with another, that's enough for me.
Yes, sorry that's what I meant too. I am not an idiot who puts laughing emojis on something I don't find funny. But, if someone has taken the time to type out something thoughtful, even if I'm not fully onboard I will like it. Love is like strongly agree for me. Angry is usually reserved for the India Knight thread or Sali's more egregious comments.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes, sorry that's what I meant too. I am not an idiot who puts laughing emojis on something I don't find funny. But, if someone has taken the time to type out something thoughtful, even if I'm not fully onboard I will like it. Love is like strongly agree for me. Angry is usually reserved for the India Knight thread or Sali's more egregious comments.
I love this post. It's the exact same for me and I welcome a wide range of opinions and viewpoints

Reactions: 6
Just got back from an appointment which my rapacious posting made me late for (I was only 5 mins late and I called ahead to apologise).

Feeling 'too much' is something I struggle with by the way - having too much to say, too strong opinions etc - hence my username.

I wish we all could go for a coffee/booze up, as despite being tragic, ‘bullying’ skidders, there are some people of real insight and articulacy on here.
I wanted to say that I echo @Disillusioned on this. I'm sure that having a coffee or drink - imaginary or real - with you guys would be a pleasure, and I would be lucky to have such friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm so tempted by Velvet Ribbon. Should I do it???
Just couldn’t resist to tell you: your profile picture and and the discussion around it (ages ago!) inspired me to watch Unforgotten on Amazon prime. It’s brilliant! Thanks for choosing DCI Stuart.

On the topic of dream meetings for coffee: Even though I know otherwise - of course! - I always Imagine @DCICassieStuart, @Yel, @Mselvista to look exactly like their profile pics 🤣. I have the intellectual age of three, apparently.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Just couldn’t resist to tell you: your profile picture and and the discussion around it (ages ago!) inspired me to watch Unforgotten on Amazon prime. It’s brilliant! Thanks for choosing DCI Stuart.

On the topic of dream meetings for coffee: Even though I know otherwise - of course! - I always Imagine @DCICassieStuart, @Yel, @Mselvista to look exactly like their profile pics 🤣. I have the intellectual age of three, apparently.
Unforgotten is so good! Im still disapointed at my flatmates that they declined the production request to film in our generic ex-social flat :m
She also shines in Spooks (which someone just told me is a racial slur in America). Ruth Evershed would not had let the covid situation get outta hand.

If anyone has similar tv recommendations i'd be all ears (excl now tv - ending that subscription was suuuuuch a chore)

On the topic of giving likes: I often like posts because I feel the poster is being very open and dare I say honest. When the way some of you put things just touches a nerve. This sewer is truly full of really thoughtful, eloquent and funny people.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I always assumed Yel’s was her real pic. 🤷🏻‍♀️ In my defence I’m always on my phone so missed how sleb it looks...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.