Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just letting any fellow Lisa Eldridge lipstick obsessives know that if you missed out on any of the velvet lipstick shades looks like they’ve had a mini restock when they’ve come to send out the preorders. I just went on the website and velvet fawn and velvet muse are back in stock and I missed out on the day. A few of the other shades are there too that were also sold out.
Very excited as mine should be arriving today....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sali has only been on Twitter for 11 years so the DOP stuff can't have been 12 years ago. I remember the coven having a good laugh at Dawn when she was promoting some Andrex product and that was about 7-8 year ago.

On top of this, IMO there is a big difference between a bunch of beef-faced married incels making comments about someone online, than there is your peers doing it on Twitter, some of whom have very large public profiles. I'm sure Dawn had looked up to many of the well known people being mean about her. Whereas we know Sail only looks down on/feels pity for the people doing it about her.
Hang on, it doesn't count when Sali does it.

Has she apologised to that Katie kid on X Factor who she relentlessly mocked for no bleeping reason? I doubt it. Talk about punching down.

Reactions: 9
Actually, Maserati, you were one of them! I almost posted yesterday to say ‘are you ok hun?’ When you posted the blunt message about whether or not Sali reads here. I didn’t because it’s hard to convey tone on here and I didn’t want you to think I was being rude when I was just joking. So in my dream I was meeting you for a coffee to cheer you up:m
Oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing and I so needed to hear that right now. My nerves are seriously jangled this morning. Last night I heard someone howling with grief on the street. I go out and there's a bunch of people comforting a girl who had her phone stolen from someone on a bike. She sounded like it was the last straw for a terrible day and it was so shocking.

Then this morning there was a dawn raid on my next door neighbours. They are a family with small children. I have no idea what's been going on next door but I just cannot stop thinking about those poor kids. My heart just breaks for them. They did nothing wrong and were woken up and experienced such terror.

None of this impacts me directly but I'm feeling pretty raw right now.

I couldn't give a tit about Sali right now. I just needed to vent somewhere so I came here. And saw your post. Maybe let's have that coffee in dreamspace. I could do with it.

Oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing and I so needed to hear that right now. My nerves are seriously jangled this morning. Last night I heard someone howling with grief on the street. I go out and there's a bunch of people comforting a girl who had her phone stolen from someone on a bike. She sounded like it was the last straw for a terrible day and it was so shocking.

Then this morning there was a dawn raid on my next door neighbours. They are a family with small children. I have no idea what's been going on next door but I just cannot stop thinking about those poor kids. My heart just breaks for them. They did nothing wrong and were woken up and experienced such terror.

I couldn't give a tit about Sali right now. I just needed to vent somewhere so I came here. And saw your post. Maybe let's have that coffee in dreamspace. I could do with it.
Also I have a tendency to be blunt sometimes. it's annoying and I try to moderate myself but then sometimes I have the devil in my brain saying "it's ok to be blunt, stop apologising for your existence" often at the wrong time :/

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Although I think the facilities on Tattle are good, one thing that annoys me is the way it puts any consecutive posts by the same poster together
I think that's done because we were getting lots of people triple, quadruple, quintuple and even sextuple 😲 posting.

It's not perfect as sometimes you do want to like a post but can't due to one sentence you don't agree with. But probably better than the alternative.

What I do if I have two seperate posts is write the second one, click preview so it will definitely all be saved then post after someone else has :LOL:

------------------

Maybe adding a line would help separate posts?

I've just unpacked mine. It's the first makeup I've bought since the start of lockdown - probably, actually, now I think back to it, the only makeup I've bought this year.

(Lockdown anxiety drove my skin off a cliff so my 'skincare' has been prescription rosacea cream, Dermol 500 eczema wash and Compeed blister plasters (easier than loads of tiny CosRx hydrocolloid patches) I felt entitled to something 'cheering'.)

It's all beautifully presented, the floral and dark green velvet bags look so rich and elegant. They're what persuaded me to order and I'm not disappointed. When I try the colours is another matter, since I'm single and not venturing anywhere at the mo. I do like that the glosses are in a chubby lipstick shaped container rather than the more usual long and thin wand.

I hope you (and others on here) get yours soon and are similarly happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Although I think the facilities on Tattle are good, one thing that annoys me is the way it puts any consecutive posts by the same poster together (as with mine above). Sometimes I want to 'like' one post but not necessarily the other and I'm sure that's the same for others. (Apologies to the three people who 'liked' my first post above but may dislike or have no view on the second.)

ETA: The paragraph above - about the way Tattle puts posts together - is a separate point from point I was trying to make immediately above about how things could have been handled differently. That might have been clear?
Do people really put that much thought into likes? I don't have to agree with everything someone says to "like" a post. Hell, I've even liked posts I disagree with!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Mines just come in the post!!! Straight on my lips 😂

omg gorgeous. I can’t believe the texture of the lipstick. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever used before. I can’t even describe it - velvet is actually the best word. It’s smooth, but cushioned and I can tell it will stay put if used as a stain. I got velvet blush and the colour is divine, but I’ve ordered more today as they had some colours back in stock. I got a gloss too in beauty and the colour is lovely, on first impressions it doesn’t feel so different from other glosses I’ve tried but I’m keeping it on to see how it lasts.

Well done Lisa!

I've just unpacked mine. It's the first makeup I've bought since the start of lockdown - probably, actually, now I think back to it, the only makeup I've bought this year.

(Lockdown anxiety drove my skin off a cliff so my 'skincare' has been prescription rosacea cream, Dermol 500 eczema wash and Compeed blister plasters (easier than loads of tiny CosRx hydrocolloid patches) I felt entitled to something 'cheering'.)

It's all beautifully presented, the floral and dark green velvet bags look so rich and elegant. They're what persuaded me to order and I'm not disappointed. When I try the colours is another matter, since I'm single and not venturing anywhere at the mo. I do like that the glosses are in a chubby lipstick shaped container rather than the more usual long and thin wand.

I hope you (and others on here) get yours soon and are similarly happy!
Which kits did you go for?

• Heart
Mines just come in the post!!! Straight on my lips 😂

omg gorgeous. I can’t believe the texture of the lipstick. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever used before. I can’t even describe it - velvet is actually the best word. It’s smooth, but cushioned and I can tell it will stay put if used as a stain. I got velvet blush and the colour is divine, but I’ve ordered more today as they had some colours back in stock. I got a gloss too in beauty and the colour is lovely, on first impressions it doesn’t feel so different from other glosses I’ve tried but I’m keeping it on to see how it lasts.

Well done Lisa!
Velvet Blush was one of my choices - it's such a great nuanced colour. I find a lot of lipsticks are "too-" too bright, too brown, whatever but Lisa said she'd put a lot of thought into the undertones and this is apparent.

Velvet Blush was one of my choices - it's such a great nuanced colour. I find a lot of lipsticks are "too-" too bright, too brown, whatever but Lisa said she'd put a lot of thought into the undertones and this is apparent.
You know when Sali frequently says something will suit all skin tones 🙄 I think velvet blush just might!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Do people really put that much thought into likes? I don't have to agree with everything someone says to "like" a post. Hell, I've even liked posts I disagree with!
I'm sure we all engage here differently but, personally, I do consider quite carefully what I 'like' 'love' etc.

Before I post anything I re-read it and ask myself whether I'm happy to stand by what I've written. Before I 'like' anything I consider whether it's a view I endorse (if it's that sort of post). I also 'like' posts where someone's responded with information to something I've posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I just ran (with my fingers) to Lisa's site and I'm happy (for my bank account) to state that Love of my Life lipstick and the grey sweatshirts are both out of stock so I've saved myself around £70. I'll go and brag about it on the no spend October thread.

I am also an indiscriminate liker and lover. I don't give it much thought. Click happy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
me too, it really is a fabulous colour. I put it straight on when I got it yesterday afternoon. Was still on at bedtime, faded to a stain but still looked ok. I love them all, not even a bit sorry for splurging.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You know when Sali frequently says something will suit all skin tones 🙄 I think velvet blush just might!
Got Blush too - nice. Bit brighter than what I usually go for but I get teased that all my lipsticks are the same colour so enjoying a change 😊

Can't remember who posted that mask chart on the last thread, but seems like she didn't get it in her regular tattle reports.

Tips for "maskne":
Screenshot_2020-10-21 Sali Hughes on Twitter.png

P. S. I have it, too. The maskne, not the silk mask.

• Haha

Also I have a tendency to be blunt sometimes. it's annoying and I try to moderate myself but then sometimes I have the devil in my brain saying "it's ok to be blunt, stop apologising for your existence" often at the wrong time :/
Oh, @Mazerati, that sounds so hard. Kids in your vicinity being at risk is the most worrying situation (I’ve been there). Also with you on the bluntness. I wish we all could go for a coffee/booze up, as despite being tragic, ‘bullying’ skidders, there are some people of real insight and articulacy on here.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.