Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m disgusted that she chose to interview someone like Jess Philips rather than Diane Abbot because the latter has been subjected to the vilest abuse both from inside and outside the Labour Party, including from Jess Philips herself. I’m pretty sure that I saw a stat in one of the stories of the historian Kate Williams a short while ago that showed Abbot has been subjected to more abuse than all female MPs combined.

But exercising such a degree of intellectual rigour in her research also involves the capacity to empathise with people who don’t look like her - not subjecting Abbot to and laughing at misogynoir jokes at Abbot’s expense.

This is peak #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen
I may be speaking out of turn here but there’s been no mention of BHM and or consideration of this in her doc? I haven’t listened so may be talking rubbish ... surely a mention of the widely reported ‘trolling’ scandal of 2019 - MOD and her negativity and racist attitude towards another influencer who is black would have also been a good angle? I’ve not listened so I might be totally off the mark here.

Reactions: 8
OH MY GOD. did she interview Jess Philips for this?? Sali, you CANNOT compare tattle to Jess Philips getting rape and death threats on twitter. You were criticised on here (not directly) about not disclosing procedures you've had done and then shilling foundations with #nofilter. Yes there's no filter but there are £££ treatments under the makeup?!
I am 26 and felt really crappy seeing those posts, my skin was no where near this youthful looking. Will she do a Radio4 programme about how Black Mirror is personally victimising her by talking about the downsides of social media ???

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I may be speaking out of turn here but there’s been no mention of BHM and or consideration of this in her doc? I haven’t listened so may be talking rubbish ... surely a mention of the widely reported ‘trolling’ scandal of 2019 - MOD and her negativity and racist attitude towards another influencer who is black would have also been a good angle? I’ve not listened so I might be totally off the mark here.
ive not had a chance to listen to it yet, but find it unlikely. Don’t forget, it took Sali FIVE years to interview a person of colour on her ITBW series. Five. bleeping. Years. And she continues with her racism by exclusion even after having been slated for this publicly: Renee of Gothamista was in the U.K. last year (I think?) and was interviewed by lots of different journos/influencers, inc Nadine Baggot and Sam Bunting. Did Sali even mention her trip to the U.K. in any way?? Nope.

And do not forget Sali’s hen party photo. Reminds me of Alexandra Shulman’s staff party picture where everyone was white.

Like I said: #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen

ETA: THIS is why we discuss and criticise you Sali! For your racism, dishonesty, hypocrisy and for your own bullying behaviour. Not for the specious list of reasons you claim.

1E117914-A542-4F23-814D-431A082509EE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I really can’t believe that of all people she used to prove her point, she got in touch with Katie Hayes.. tells me everything I need to know about her research 😬😬
And went to her home wasn’t Katie Hayes Cry me a river because some one allegedly reported her for breaking lock down rules by having some one in her home.
She even filmed the event and said in the live recording sorry if we have broken any rules.
The 24hrs later she’s crying saying she didn’t break any rules we all saw you hun.
Katie also gets called out for doing make up tutorials with a filter on 🙄 I mean why

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
She should thank Tattle for making her relevant again. Her sad column is like an artefact from the olden days of beauty magazines filled with thinly veiled ads.

Reactions: 16
I couldn’t concentrate properly on the radio piece because I was distracted by her very audible intakes of breath. It’s very distracting and something to work on if she wants to go on the radio again. I don’t listen to her stories or follow her so I don’t know if breathing heavily is her thing? (I found the radio piece via another instagrammer...I don’t *think* I’ve commented on her threads before.)
ps. This is just feedback Sali, not hate or trolling 🙄

Reactions: 12
I couldn’t concentrate properly on the radio piece because I was distracted by her very audible intakes of breath. It’s very distracting and something to work on if she wants to go on the radio again. I don’t listen to her stories or follow her so I don’t know if breathing heavily is her thing? (I found the radio piece via another instagrammer...I don’t *think* I’ve commented on her threads before.)
Lol - yes, her odd manner of breathing is something that has been commented on before and does rather affect her delivery, doesn’t it?

Reactions: 9
No-one forced you to write about these things. You’re a beauty journalist 🤷‍♀️ If you don’t want what you write to be discussed, don’t write opinion pieces.
Like she talked about Esther Coren's parenting?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Lol - yes, her odd manner of breathing is something that has been commented on before and does rather affect her delivery, doesn’t it?
Thanks! Yes it’s like she’s hard of breathing because she’s run up the stairs.
I don’t follow her recent threads but I did linger last year after her video about trolls. The things I read here back then, that were backed up by screenshots etc, showed her in an entirely different light and shocked me. She came across as a bully and a liar and she clearly believes that she is the victim in all of this.
I sincerely hope that the guardian article and the BBC radio piece bring people here and they will see that this site is nothing like she describes it. I hadn’t seen that screenshot about Diane Abbott until today and I am disgusted by Sali’s comment, but I am not surprised.
ps. Thanks for having me, I might linger a bit longer ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Don't even know who Sali is until I watched that video of her ranting off on BBC - I knew it'd be tattle.

She hasn't done herself any favours with that video and article. She sounds like she's auditioning for a part in a Shakespeare play.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That was the only thing that put me off her otherwise very good video/IGTV she did about the breast reduction surgery that she had.

Reactions: 4

Yel

No-one forced you to write about these things. You’re a beauty journalist 🤷‍♀️ If you don’t want what you write to be discussed, don’t write opinion pieces.
She chose to put all of these things about her relationship and marriage in the public domain. Poor Sali really isn't that bright.

The projecting about her own behaviour is so obvious once you scratch the surface.

Screenshot_2020-10-06-22-06-08-622_com.android.chrome.jpg

Reactions: 11
That was the only thing that put me off her otherwise very good video/IGTV she did about the breast reduction surgery that she had.
that WAS a good video. Shame she had previously looked down her nose at people who would go under general anaesthetic to change their appearance. It was also odd that she chose to do that video on holiday. ToryHubby is clearly a patient man. if my wife chose to work while we were taking a break together, I’d be upset.

Reactions: 4
Only listened to a couple of minutes but it’s very frantic and tense, not the usual Radio 4 vibe at all. I feel stressed just listening to it!

Reactions: 7
I haven’t been on here for ages cos I went back to work (I’ve missed you!) but I saw this coverage today and I hope Sali or one of her “friends who report back” (lol! Lauren; earn those shoes!) read this. Sali, the reason I don’t like you any more after being such a fan from 2011 is because you are hypocritical and mean. You were right in the centre of bullying Dawn O’Porter and Esther Coren. That was really nasty. And then you play the victim, when the stuff that you’ve written about (maintenance sex with your Tory voting husband) gets mentioned again. Hypocrite! I don’t feel sorry for you at all, in fact it makes me laugh when you rant and wail. Horrible, nasty, thin skinned and mean

Reactions: 23
I’m disgusted that she chose to interview someone like Jess Philips rather than Diane Abbot because the latter has been subjected to the vilest abuse both from inside and outside the Labour Party, including from Jess Philips herself. I’m pretty sure that I saw a stat in one of the stories of the historian Kate Williams a short while ago that showed Abbot has been subjected to more abuse than all female MPs combined.

But exercising such a degree of intellectual rigour in her research also involves the capacity to empathise with people who don’t look like her - not subjecting Abbot to and laughing at misogynoir jokes at Abbot’s expense.

This is peak #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 couldn't have said it better myself. Once again proving that this thread talks about salient issues like structural racism, intersectional feminism amongst a slew of other intelligent observations. Maybe this is what scared Sali into making that instagram video that completely mischaracterised this thread. This thread isn't people trolling or saying nasty things about her (I've lost count of the times she has been complimented on here) rather, it discusses her oversights, blind spots and her not disclosing treatments whilst claiming to be an outspoken, and uninhibited advocate for being open about them.

Reactions: 21
I think she’d have liked the prog to be all about tattle but they were the weakest parts. She was on much firmer ground with the MP trolling and the poor girl whose dad had died of Covid and was being told it was a conspiracy by strangers on FB.

If you make a living in the fine line between ‘creating an online community’ and selling stuff then I just don’t think you can ban discussion about yourself on other platforms on the internet. People ARE bitter about being sold stuff under false pretences (not admitting to having Botox) and tbh it’s only going to get worse as inequality increases due to the repurcussions of the pandemic.

Reactions: 19
Yes the trolling of the woman whose father had COVID was awful. Now that is despicable and everyone on this thread would condemn it.

Equally Jess Phillips case is truly scary and the kind of thing that puts women off going into politics and therefore actually affects our democracy! We need more female MPs!

But they are not the same as someone asking why aren’t you being honest about having Botox when you are using your face to sell beauty products.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.