Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Aude for the title with 13 votes, I had to change the title from “A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet (with somewhat bitter topnotes)” to the above for length.

Little recap of previous thread - lots of Nuface chat, anti capitalist musings, Caitlin Moran’s book (she has her own thread), friendships with India Knight and her partner. We had a little visit from someone Sali blocked for questioning her reaction to spelling her name wrong. Seems like SH is working on her documentary.

There is also a wiki page set up by @Aude which details the story so far.

Mod edit

For anyone new check out the most liked comments across all of the Sali Hughes threads (might take a few seconds to load) to get a real idea of the site

https://tattle.life/tags/sali-hughes/most-liked

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks to @Aude for the title with 13 votes, I had to change the title from “A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet (with somewhat bitter topnotes)” to the above for length.

Little recap of previous thread - lots of Nuface chat, anti capitalist musings, Caitlin Moran’s book (she has her own thread), friendships with India Knight and her partner. We had a little visit from someone Sali blocked for questioning her reaction to spelling her name wrong. Seems like SH is working on her documentary.

There is also a wiki page set up by @Aude which details the story so far.
Thanks for setting up the new thread. The title was initially by @TriviaNewtonJohn - I added the bit in brackets.

Following on from the discussion at the end of the last thread, I'm not sure that she does really believe the discussion here to be 'trolling'. I think she described it as such in her IG video to justify the 'stalking' of Tattle members that was being reported by Estee Laundry.

'I was taking brave action against internet trolls' sounds better than 'I was trying to stop members of a discussion forum making negative comments about me'.

Reactions: 15
Thanks for setting up the new thread. The title was initially by @TriviaNewtonJohn - I added the bit in brackets.

Following on from the discussion at the end of the last thread, I'm not sure that she does really believe the discussion here to be 'trolling'. I think she described it as such in her IG video to justify the 'stalking' of Tattle members that was being reported by Estee Laundry.

'I was taking brave action against internet trolls' sounds better than 'I was trying to stop members of a discussion forum making negative comments about me'.
And "I'm a victim", much like Jameela Jamil, sounds much better than, "these internet people are speculating".

Reactions: 4
An extremely successful, wealthy woman who has thousands upon thousands of loyal fans dislikes that 10 people on the internet take issue with some of her output? Is that the crux of it? Said woman has an online history of bullying but that’s ok because Dawn apologised to her?

Reactions: 20
An extremely successful, wealthy woman who has thousands upon thousands of loyal fans dislikes that 10 people on the internet take issue with some of her output? Is that the crux of it? Said woman has an online history of bullying but that’s ok because Dawn apologised to her?
You couldn't make it up

Reactions: 2
Was there some overlap at one point with her social media and Tattle? Did someone from here go and "troll" her? How did she find out about this place and her threads?

Reactions: 1
Was there some overlap at one point with her social media and Tattle? Did someone from here go and "troll" her? How did she find out about this place and her threads?
I don't know how she found out about here but many of us members found out about here from her on her Instagram rant.

Reactions: 5
I don't know how she found out about here but many of us members found out about here from her on her Instagram rant.
Yes, I had read, halfheartedly, her threads on here and saw that she had made a video on it via here. I was gobsmacked by what she said in the video and thought she must be talking about elsewhere as it didn't fit with the posts I had read. Then annoyed that she would give such a manipulative one sided narrative.

I guess at some point someone must have alerted her to the threads, although doesn't she maintain that she's never even been on tattle.

Reactions: 2
They usually say someone sent it to them 🙄
Yes, she said in her Instagram video that she was told about the threads here. I think she said it was initially another influencer who told her.

Reactions: 1
Here's my recollection of someone from here contacting her ages and ages ago- it was around the time she had finally admitted she got botox (in the comments of an IG post). The language used was "just a smidge" and "weak dilute". Further to that, she had released a podcast on the menopause and the words she used were "I'm not there yet". Someone from here left a comment- a polite comment- stating that they felt such language was disingenuous (or words to that effect).

They certainly weren't trolling in any way, shape or form. Of course they were subsequently blocked by Sali. That's my only memory of someone from here contacting her on her social channels and it was a fair, constructive question. The details might not be exact, that's my hazy memory of it. Sali now instantly believes anyone who disagrees with her or who doesn't lick her arse is a Tattler.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Has anyone seen the interview she did with Liz Earle? She said the trolls were teachers and nurses and one worked for an adoption agency. Does she not realise that sounds super stalkery?

Also she's still peddling the whole they spoke about my MARRIAGE and my KIDS and my PARENTS. I've read every single post on every single thread and didn't find anything remotely close to what she's implying. Also: the people helping her with her documentary must have rubbish researchers and fact checkers because a cursory glance through the threads would have proved it's mostly annoyance at her claiming to be honest and unashamed about treatments and then not disclosing what she's had done. Whilst shilling anti aging creams.
She's also said people get blocked and their comments are deleted if they say anything positive about her. What? People on here are always talking about how pretty she is, the few harsh comments are rebuked. Who is relaying this stuff to her??
Honestly, I think she's jumped on the trolling bandwagon to revive her career because there's only so many times you can write about the following things/recycle writing until it gets tired:

-autumn and loving thick tights
-Satisfying clicks on lipstick cases
-Beauty counter staff
-Maintenance shags
-And running away from home at 14/15

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Having generally stayed away from her IG, I watched her latest hourglass powder plus other new cosmetics vid (haven't watched whole thing yet) and I'll admit I'm influenced. It's a bit expensive for me so I'm not going to fork out on something I cannot test, but if she just stuck to reviewing products honestly, did some proper journalism on beauty in general and was 100% upfront about the work that she has done without being so passive aggressive about it, she might win me back. Sadly she's going down the professional victim route and it's pretty pathetic.

Reactions: 12
Just watched some of that video, she said she's keen to put it behind her. Is that why you mention it at every single opportunity?

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.