Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really curious who is Sali's henchwoman checking this site daily for her. I hope she is well-compensated for the effort.

Reactions: 5
Devil’s advocate - if she’s right and questioning influencer practices on public sites is ‘dragging’ or ‘trolling’ and is either unkind or should be banned (made criminal?!) then is the idea that you shouldn’t discuss them at all? Or only positively? WhatsApp allowed if you have the phone numbers already of people that might want to discuss it, how would you know who they were? Or never being able to name the person / business in question?

I’m not being disingenuous, I just don’t actually know?

Reactions: 16
My feeling (and I'm repeating myself from earlier threads so apologies for being a broken record) is that if we were men talking about footballers in the same way, no one would give a tit. This is only an issue as it's women discussing another woman negatively. Which is unsisterly and mean. Whereas slagging off Andy Carroll's performance on Saturday is just dissecting the stuff you're interested in.

Us ladies should know our place and that's to buy all the products we're told to, to look pretty and shut up if any of them don't meet our expectations.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
My feeling (and I'm repeating myself from earlier threads so apologies for being a broken record) is that if we were men talking about footballers in the same way, no one would give a tit. This is only an issue as it's women discussing another woman negatively. Which is unsisterly and mean. Whereas slagging off Andy Carroll's performance on Saturday is just dissecting the stuff you're interested in.

Us ladies should know our place and that's to buy all the products we're told to, to look pretty and shut up if any of them don't meet our expectations.
Yes, exactly this.

Reactions: 5
Lack of journalistic integrity if she's writing articles and doing radio shows about here and not looking herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
In the interest of transparency I want to point out that I am feeding into Sali's narrative right now. I didn't have the time to come on here last night but now I have put aside 2 glorious hours for myself to read all your earnest trolling comments 😍
8pm tonight. So while the rest of the country is tuning into Bake off, Sali's army will be 'rising' (see what I did there!) to their leaders defense.

No thanks. Give me bread week any night 🍞

Excellent timing as always 'La Hughes' 😆
Totally off topic but bread night was disappointing. What they did to the soda bread was an abomination!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Is this an actual quote from a troll? 🤷‍♀️
Is this about the funeral she basically live-streamed, tagged her outfit and jewellery and had sponsored by Revlon?
Can't stop thinking about this, there was another screenshot above along the lines of "the bereaved family or Sali's kids & THEIR FRIENDS reading these awful threads by accident", can't find the screenshot now, unfortunately.

I mean, on a purely practical level, how is this ever supposed to happen? How likely are the bereaved parents of an adult daughter to go searching for gossip sites about a beauty writer who was friends with their daughter? Or imagine a conversation between her sons & their friends: "I'm bored. Let's trawl the internet for a site where your mum is trolled by middle aged beef faces slagging off her columns - that might be fun. Maybe we'll even find out about your parents' maintenance shagging". :unsure:
This has been said a million times before, but still: Nothing has been revealed on here that Sali hasn't put out in the public domain before. On instagram. With hashtags. The idea of somebody vulnerable stumbling across these threads and getting upset (or worse) is just ludicrous.

Reactions: 15

Yel

It's all a bit pathetic for Sali. The only media attention she gained was articles in the echo chambers of the bbc and guardian.

Not much blue ticker support this time. They were en mass quick to defend her last time before they could have checked anything out. Maybe now they've seen things and know she's pretty dishonest?

The only social media influencers supporting her were Katie hayes and Lydia millen, who are equally dreadful (they've got threads). These are the kind of people that Sali and her chums would be pilling onto for laughs or to steal their work if there wasn't tattle making her accountable.

I do agree with Sali that "it's a ticking time bomb", but because there's so much of her behaviour logged here that at any time a journalist could pick it up.

Imagine commenting about someones parenting and causing a mob to attack them:LOL: . That's what we low lives do, not respected journalists with a large platform..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Every time this thread starts to slow down she does something to drive traffic here. Someone truly bothered by what’s written here wouldn’t keep sending people to read it all. Sometimes a person doesn’t care whether the attention is good or bad, they just need that validation they’re the centre of attention. One day though she’ll finally poke the wrong bear and someone more famous and with more reach than Giles might just post their own video exposing her behaviour.

That screenshot of her admitting to stalking peoples online profiles to figure out real names, and addresses is really messed up. Given Sali’s past threats to dox people and send her convicted sex offender friend to their houses, it only gives more weight to a legal suit against her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I wonder when the deluge of supporters will register to call us sad, troll, beef faced sad, loser, evil people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
That screenshot of her admitting to stalking peoples online profiles to figure out real names, and addresses is really messed up. Given Sali’s past threats to dox people and send her convicted sex offender friend to their houses, it only gives more weight to a legal suit against her.
She could well be in breach of GDPR (as already mentioned) too if she has the information she claims.

Reactions: 8
I feel like this is a real own goal by Sali.

In the short term she may get some fawning support, but, long term, it will only serve to spike people’s interest in Tattle and bring more people here a la her Freaky Friday video.

Ultimately, she’s only going to drive more traffic here and I don’t understand why she would want to do that?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.