Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she not a "passive lurker" herself? Or whoever it is she sends to come and read here on her behalf

Not here, it’s not. Nobody here would have let that fly.
Great journalism to put a quotation mark on something that no one ever said

Reactions: 14
It’s misleading and disingenuous @SqualorVictoria for her to do that (quotation marks) ... when I read it I genuinely thought for a second that it was an actual quote from someone.

Reactions: 7
Well now it wouldn't be like Sali "Pretty Honest" Hughes to be disingenuous or misleading.

Hi to any new members that join following the documentary. I'd suggest reading the Wiki as your first port of call

• Heart
I see Styled by Susie has commented on her Instagram post, she has a thread over here too, which seems largely to be about fairly criticising her business for providing sub par copy and pasted style guides, and closing her Facebook for a paid service. Birds of a feather, eh?

Reactions: 5
New thread title needed soon... I feel like there is a lot of mileage in the last few pages. Something related to her interview with Becky.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Yel

For any new people I recommend the wiki and clicking the tag at the top to view the most liked posts.

Sali is on very dodgy ground going all guns when there's so much dirty laundry of hers with evidence on these threads. One of her friends really should have a word with her, I cant see any possibility she comes out of this well.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
8pm tonight. So while the rest of the country is tuning into Bake off, Sali's army will be 'rising' (see what I did there!) to their leaders defense.

No thanks. Give me bread week any night 🍞

Excellent timing as always 'La Hughes' 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
I really can’t believe that of all people she used to prove her point, she got in touch with Katie Hayes.. tells me everything I need to know about her research 😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So, I discovered Sali through her ITB series on YouTube and decided to follow her on Instagram. It was refreshing to follow someone who seemed a little outside of the influencer bubble. Then I saw her Insta story about this new documentary about "dragging sites" and found my way over to here. Like so many others, I expected to see vitriol and hate, but have instead found predominantly constructive criticism and sociopolitical discussion. The fact that this woman is using her privilege, position and power to bully, gaslight and stifle debate is horrifying. Needless to say, if she hasn't been talking about this site and calling wolf, I would never have known she was on here and I would never have seen screenshots of her ugly tweets (I'm not even on Twitter). What disturbs me aren't people making flippant jokes about her husband being a nanny, it's the words and accusations that she herself is posting. Seeing them in relation to the actual posts here, they are downright hyperbolic.

Although these sites are not without their issues, they are often the only safe place viewers and consumers have to discuss shady business practices. I actually found them for the first time when trying to ascertain whether an influencer was sponsored by a company...I'd made a purchase based on their recommendation and could not understand why the product was so bad. (Side note - this, Sali, is why it isn't crazy for viewers to wonder about your relationship with brands; it's not to defame you but to ask a genuine question in the context of a very dishonest industry. A simple clarification would suffice for readers here.)

What Sali is experiencing isn't anything new. We have had these discussions since the dawning of celebrity culture, and such discussions escalated yesrs ago with the advent of reality TV: what happens to human beings when their lives and personalities are commodified? What does it do to their psychology given that such commodification opens their very lives up to scrutiny? How is their psychology affected when they receive outpourings of adoration in conjunction with criticism? Moreover, what are the implications for our political systems where representatives are also treated in the same vain? How are people to participate without going crazy? (The example of Dianne Abbott comes to mind once again.) Now, that's a documentary I would watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Yel

I really can’t believe that of all people she used to prove her point, she got in touch with Katie Hayes.. tells me everything I need to know about her research 😬😬
I know, time and time again Katie has show her self to say outright lies because like many of them she's addicted to the engagement and new followers she gets from a "troll" post.

The quality of this is going to be dire. I'm not a fan of the BBC thesedays, but this feels like a new low

• Heart
I dip in and out of this thread mainly because Sali was the one to inform me about Tattle. I was scrolling one day and came across her episode.
It’s funny because I have no interest in makeup cleansers etc.
I only see people calling her out for shilling products when she is supposed to be a journalist. She has been horrible to people in the past it’s all documented but she thinks she is whiter than white.
Hypocrite is the word that comes to mind when and if ever I think of Sali and that goes for her mate India too.
So many of you on this thread have been eloquent and very fair in your comments.

Reactions: 25
"I am done engaging with you"
WTF does that even mean? I thought she didn't engage with us trolls anyway?

Reactions: 18
8pm tonight. So while the rest of the country is tuning into Bake off, Sali's army will be 'rising' (see what I did there!) to their leaders defense.

No thanks. Give me bread week any night 🍞

Excellent timing as always 'La Hughes' 😆
I’m definitely tuning in for the bake off. I don’t need to wind myself up at this time of day.

"I am done engaging with you"
WTF does that even mean? I thought she didn't engage with us trolls anyway?
🥱

Reactions: 4
You never know, SH may end up on the Andrew Marr show.

‘So tell us more about the trolling ordeal, Sali’.

‘It started off with the them attacking my exfoliator recommendations, but got really bad when I featured some Acne boots.’

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
We’re in the grips of a pandemic. We need escapism. Anyone who is tuning into Sali wangin on about her ‘troll hell’ 🙄 instead of the light relief Bake Off needs their head looking at

Reactions: 8
She’s already othering ‘trolls’ - they are beyond the pail & vile, whereas she is above reproach. I wonder if she will own her own trolling and the damage she has done?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.