Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like this is a real own goal by Sali.

In the short term she may get some fawning support, but, long term, it will only serve to spike people’s interest in Tattle and bring more people here a la her Freaky Friday video.

Ultimately, she’s only going to drive more traffic here.
It must be almost the first anniversary of "Freaky Friday". Nice timing Sali!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder when the deluge of supporters will register to call us sad, troll, beef faced sad, loser, evil people.
That reminds me, I wish Dawn Porter would come out against Sali and what her and her Twitter gang put her through. Dawn probably doesn’t spare them a second thought now she’s a successful author with a successful husband living the dream in LA, but if she did say something I bet it would hit the headlines.

Reactions: 17
What's the long-term goal? How does this fit in to how she is positioning herself for future work, I wonder?
Like this, but with scrunchies and peloton

00C402D500000190-0-image-a-12_1436306730208.jpg

One for the kids there

EDIT : Roger Cook - investigative journalist with a telly programme, you young scamps

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
She's such a snidey person as well. The bit where she says "yes well EXPERTS have looked at the stuff they write and they told me what it says about them rather than the victims"

Whatever. I expect she wants people to think that the experts said that everyone on here is a sad, friendless spinster driven mad by loneliness and how very ugly they are both in their appearance and their SOULS. 😱😱😱 What a load of bollocks. If she wants to believe that we are all pitiful creatures to make herself feel better, she can do. I can only speak for myself when I say that I have a nice life. I have friends, nice, loyal, funny friends. My home is nice and I like my job. I don't think that I sour milk with my appalling looks, either. I just happen to have an intolerance for bullshit and hypocrisy and I don't mind calling it out when I see it. I stand by everything I've ever said. I'm not confrontational enough to go and point out her inconsistencies on Instagram or Twitter bc I do believe that to be trolling.

I've long maintained that this is the internet equivalent of a group of mates in the corner of a pub discussing stuff. You can't police what people talk about unless you are being defamed (which I don't think is the case here?) What she's asking for is a blanket ban on discussing her unless it's flattering. What planet?!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Yel

I feel like this is a real own goal by Sali.

In the short term she may get some fawning support, but, long term, it will only serve to spike people’s interest in Tattle and bring more people here a la her Freaky Friday video.

Ultimately, she’s only going to drive more traffic here and I don’t understand why she would want to do that?
I think her goal is to try to discredit the whole site so that people take what she says at face value and never look beyond what she says.

She really doesn't have many moves left but this power play using her media connections to get something uncheck broadcast has the potential to really blow up in her face. Reflects terribly on the institution of the BBC and backs up the point of view that they lack impartial and objective journalism.

She's a beauty writer with lacking ethics and Instagram influencer. I doubt either are going to do well in a recession.

The short documentary showed how presenting and investigation isn't her forte. Maybe it was supposed to be a showcase to get more work?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That reminds me, I wish Dawn Porter would come out against Sali and what her and her Twitter gang put her through. Dawn probably doesn’t spare them a second thought now she’s a successful author with a successful husband living the dream in LA, but if she did say something I bet it would hit the headlines.
Dawn is too lovely, I think. She's very gracious bc no way could I sit there reading one of my former bullies pontificating on other "bullies" without telling them a bit about themselves.

Reactions: 10
@rosemarina maybe just to bully the people here into silence? She does love to use her online influence and Twitter mob to bully others into going away. After Freaky Friday though she can’t feign ignorance that a public tantrum over tattle drives people here in droves, and other people don’t much like Sali after seeing the receipts.

Reactions: 5
She’s explaining who the people ‘here’ are including Becky who apparently joined here because Sali look like her friend who she had a problem with? Some people were thrown off Sali’s Facebook page for being racist and horrible, and came here to vent apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Yel

She'd never go on LBC or talk radio or anywhere that would actually be impartial and objective.

Sali was glad Becky cried and felt good about it 🤨 but she respects that Becky has realised the error of her ways

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Yel

"I knew I was in the right and they were wrong" and she liked seeing the reformed troll cry and thought she should do..

• Sick
  • Wow
She’s explaining who the people ‘here’ are including Becky who apparently joined here because Sali look like her friend who she had a problem with? Some people were thrown off Sali’s Facebook page for being racist and horrible, and came here to vent apparently.
I don’t believe a word of that.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.