Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s already othering ‘trolls’ - they are beyond the pail & vile, whereas she is above reproach. I wonder if she will own her own trolling and the damage she has done?
I think it’s better for my blood pressure if I don’t listen. The radio would probably go flying through the kitchen too.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Yel

So that's the tattle bit over? The guardian article was more thorough than that. What a damp squib. She was virtually spitting when reading the tattle statement though 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know, time and time again Katie has show her self to say outright lies because like many of them she's addicted to the engagement and new followers she gets from a "troll" post.

The quality of this is going to be dire. I'm not a fan of the BBC thesedays, but this feels like a new low
I find it super weird that she’s chosen Katie as some sort of face for this. I’m sorry to be mean but Katie is possibly one of the stupidest people to ever live, I literally cannot understand what she is trying to write most of the time. She can’t keep up with the lies that pour out of her mouth and her aesthetic is the exact opposite of what Sali advocates. She is exactly the type of person who Sali and her group of cronies would dismiss as tacky, classless and idiotic in any other circumstances. Sadly poor Katie is too dim to see that she is just being used to broaden the demographic of outrage over Tattle outside of Sali’s decidedly middle class audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The whole shitshow of a spectacle that this has turned into is a new low for SH. In the view of people currently dealing with Actual Problems- the COVID victims, the cancer patients having missed vital appts and treatment, the people laid off work and those trying to juggle work/childcare/caring duties in the middle of a pandemic, SH comes across as a self-absorbed woman who has completely lost touch with the reality of the life most people are having to deal with day-in-day-out.
Disappointed with the bbc for not fact checking the stuff they are broadcasting. I also want to know if there is a legal reason why Tattle’s name was not explicitly mentioned, or was it mentioned on the radio?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She’s fessed up to stalking people who said mean things, liking their photos on FB & blocking them (as if that doesn’t seem threatening or wouldn’t be considered as online abuse). She says she’s done some bad stuff she’s regretted but she stopped when she knew it was upsetting the other person. She doesn’t mind criticism but can’t bear lies. Poor ‘Becky’ is paying a very high price for doing stuff that Sali has done.

Reactions: 17
I’m disgusted that she chose to interview someone like Jess Philips rather than Diane Abbot because the latter has been subjected to the vilest abuse both from inside and outside the Labour Party, including from Jess Philips herself. I’m pretty sure that I saw a stat in one of the stories of the historian Kate Williams a short while ago that showed Abbot has been subjected to more abuse than all female MPs combined.

But exercising such a degree of intellectual rigour in her research also involves the capacity to empathise with people who don’t look like her - not subjecting Abbot to and laughing at misogynoir jokes at Abbot’s expense.

This is peak #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I’ve just heard a bit of this while I was washing my face. The old fraud! She’s utterly shameless. I enjoyed how she said “troe-ling”, though :D. Somebody has been practicing her BBC voice

Is she in some kind of bind, is that it? Is this some kind of distraction attempt or something?

We’re due a new thread. I take it “Pretty Narcissistic” would be frowned on as a title at the moment 💅?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m disgusted that she chose to interview someone like Jess Philips rather than Diane Abbot because the latter has been subjected to the vilest abuse both from inside and outside the Labour Party, including from Jess Philips herself. I’m pretty sure that I saw a stat in one of the stories of the historian Kate Williams a short while ago that showed Abbot has been subjected to more abuse than all female MPs combined.

But exercising such a degree of intellectual rigour in her research also involves the capacity to empathise with people who don’t look like her - not subjecting and laughing at misogynoir jokes at Abbot’s expense. This is peak #SolidarityIsForWhiteFeminism
She wouldn't really be able to interview Diane Abbot though would she (look at a previous post with a vile Tweet on the size of her vagina which Sali "hahahahad" at.)

Sorry, terrible English

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Yel

I also want to know if there is a legal reason why Tattle’s name was not explicitly mentioned, or was it mentioned on the radio?
No legal reason, Sali just doesn't want people reading it.

Has anyone ever seen a mod go in when a thread is dying to reinvigorate it and tell people it's fine to trash them because they aren't good people who get freebies? Literally that's never happened.

Also we aren't curating content, we just delete the people that do come here to troll as they break the posting guidelines. Like this person this morning:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I think comparing what Jess Phillips gets (death threats) to some piss-taking and searching questions about professional integrity is a joke.

Reactions: 17
That nonsense about admins trying to stir up discussion- on some threads there was more talk about the NuFace and the Current Body LED mask than Sali herself!

And having listened back to the interview I'm now even more convinced that "Becky" was made up to fit into the narrative.

Reactions: 14
Didn't listen - was there any attempt to find out why people who used to trust her recommendations "turned against her"? Other than being jealous losers?

Reactions: 5
Who is she? Honestly don't know her.
She’s a ‘make up artist’ from Wirral, near Liverpool. Professional victim of ‘trolling’ with 30 odd threads on here - her IGTV pity parties have gained her 40,000 followers this year so far. Made accounts on here to slag off her ex’s new girlfriend, flouted every rule going in lockdown and spoke about drinking whilst she was pregnant - just three things off the top of my head.

Her involvement in this completely undermines any genuine points Sali might have thought she had.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.