Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the article linked by a prev poster

Joyce’s lawyer blamed the demon drink for his crime, but accredited the love of a good woman to his hopeful rehabilitation: ‘Since that time, he has given up drinking, found a partner that he loves, she loves him and they have made a life together.’

Does this imply that India has been in a relationship with him since knowing about his criminality?

Also India Knight "a good woman" :sick::sick::sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I've just seen SH has put an IGTV on her breast reduction experience. I've not watched it but definitely seems like a topic her followers and lots of other people are interested in.

I just can't understand why she's filmed and posted it while on holiday? It feels like it could have waited until she was back and I'm always concerned about people who work while they are on holiday. Everybody needs a break and to switch off

Reactions: 3
It just seems very odd that on a holiday that you’ve long looked forward to, you then spend your precious down time posting lengthy stories and items on Instagram that you could’ve done at home before you left. After all, didn’t she say that we all had lots more time during lockdown, so I’m sure all this could’ve been squeezed in then, or even last week, leaving holiday time for relaxing.

Reactions: 7
It just seems very odd that on a holiday that you’ve long looked forward to, you then spend your precious down time posting lengthy stories and items on Instagram that you could’ve done at home before you left. After all, didn’t she say that we all had lots more time during lockdown, so I’m sure all this could’ve been squeezed in then, or even last week, leaving holiday time for relaxing.
I think she’s frazzled about her association with India/Eric Joyce and possible effect on her reputation and desperately trying to draw attention away.

Reactions: 8
I was reading on the India Knight thread that someone thought Sali no longer followed convicted child sex offender Eric Joyce. I don't use Twitter, is there a way to check if someone is followed by someone else?

I've just seen SH has put an IGTV on her breast reduction experience. I've not watched it but definitely seems like a topic her followers and lots of other people are interested in.

I just can't understand why she's filmed and posted it while on holiday? It feels like it could have waited until she was back and I'm always concerned about people who work while they are on holiday. Everybody needs a break and to switch off
I watched it and, as with her initial IG post, I thought it was well done and a credit to her.

As for working while on holiday, I find I need time to transition from work to holiday. Even just at home, when I come to the end of an absorbing work project I feel like I don't know what to do with myself for a couple of days (and then after some down time find it hard to get back into work mode).

I think she’s frazzled about her association with India/Eric Joyce and possible effect on her reputation and desperately trying to draw attention away.
I think so. Perhaps the article by Julie Burchill published yesterday has worried her: www.spiked-online.com/2020/08/12/the-silence-of-the-hacks/
as well as (apologies if this has been mentioned already) JB appearing to know about IK threatening to send Joyce round to sort out some Tattler's, on behalf of Sali:

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I was reading on the India Knight thread that someone thought Sali no longer followed convicted child sex offender Eric Joyce. I don't use Twitter, is there a way to check if someone is followed by someone else?
Doesfollow.com

I watched the video too, thought it was really good, informative and open. Maybe you’re right Aude..re the switching off - I have fallen into the trap of checking emails etc whilst on holiday etc.

I’ve read the Julie Burchill piece and I’m disgusted by some of the details. To be honest I can imagine Sali and anyone associated with India must be in a really difficult position and probably wants
nothing to do with it.

Just horrific. Those poor children :(

Reactions: 6
Most influencers/people who use social media as a marketing tool or rely on their following in some way continue to post over breaks as it's important to maintain a regular flow of content and engagement, but usually they will prepare content and schedule posts. It's odd of her tt be filming content while she's on holiday, if that's what she's doing.

From the article linked by a prev poster

Joyce’s lawyer blamed the demon drink for his crime, but accredited the love of a good woman to his hopeful rehabilitation: ‘Since that time, he has given up drinking, found a partner that he loves, she loves him and they have made a life together.’

Does this imply that India has been in a relationship with him since knowing about his criminality?

Also India Knight "a good woman" :sick::sick::sick:
Yes it seems she has! I posted most if this in the IK thread but...

2000 p2p files found on his computer indicating viewing of child abuse dated back as far as 2014. He was arrested in 2018. He was sentenced last week, and the fact that he had 'found' a relationship with a woman he loves was used in mitigation of his sentence (despite the fact that they have been together since 2010/11) - which I think pretty conclusively shows she is standing by him. (This is all taken from the Evening Standard article on his sentencing.)

I think so. Perhaps the article by Julie Burchill published yesterday has worried her: www.spiked-online.com/2020/08/12/the-silence-of-the-hacks/
as well as (apologies if this has been mentioned already) JB appearing to know about IK threatening to send Joyce round to sort out some Tattler's, on behalf of Sali:
I don't think JB knows about Tattle/the details of that situation. I think she's just retweeting anything that damns India further because they have long-standing beef and she's using this an an excuse to stick the boot in - the person she retweeted didn't mention this place by name and JB hasn't engaged with her (unless via DMs, but I'm sure JB would have spilt the details if she knew more).

Her article was pure trash, full of conjecture and inaccuracies and taking aim at anyone she has held a grudge against; she didn't focus on Eric, the crimes, the victims, or do any sort of extra research or investigation at all. Such a bummer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I thought SH's video on her reduction was excellent and reminded me why I became a fan in the first place. I sometimes work in holiday, so that's fair enough.

JB's article was disappointing, if anything her beef with IK detracts from the issue lenient sentencing and an unusually silent media. IK is not responsible for her partner's crimes, but she did stay with him which mitigated his sentence.

Reactions: 4
I don't mean to be bitchy but posting an IG live video talking about oneself is not really the same as working. It does annoy me a bit when influencers post content of themselves and call it "work".

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't mean to be bitchy but posting an IG live video talking about oneself is not really the same as working. It does annoy me a bit when influencers post content of themselves and call it "work".
I mean I agree it's not proper 'work' but at the same time she is not posting it out of the goodness of her heart, purely to dispense advice, much as she would like people to believe. Her public IG account is her business, and any social media professional will tell you that you have to offer people a *regular* stream of content if you don't want to lose followers. She has to post something while she's away - she could have scheduled some beauty reviews or other posts, maybe she didn't have time to film any (despite all that extra time we have these days eh Sal?!), but this just gives her something to talk about and maintain engagement.

Reactions: 3
It’s another contradiction though isn’t it? Protesting she is a private person who keeps business/pleasure separate, and then back on the ‘gram during a family holiday.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.