Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't have a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. I discovered Tattle because a few years ago I used to watch Mrs Meldrum on YouTube and she started alluding to being harassed by some trolls (sound familiar) and that led me here. The Mrs Meldrum thread is beyond vile.

I don't have a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. I discovered Tattle because a few years ago I used to watch Mrs Meldrum on YouTube and she started alluding to being harassed by some trolls (sound familiar) and that led me here. The Mrs Meldrum thread is beyond vile.
To be honest I'd never admit to posting on here. I've seen some of the other threads and...whoo boy!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don't have twitter, Instagram or facebook either, I just comment on here. Her outburst is puzzling indeed, but as stated earlier it probably only makes sense to the parties directly involved.

I just have this quote for Sali (and all influencers):

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ah, ok, it must be the link, sorry.
See if this link works to @cholulamare’s original post:

ETA: it works for me.

Reactions: 2
Yes I was just looking at these posts again @Disillusioned as I couldn't make head nor tail of them last night. This is what I've got...

She's saying we ("gaslighting trolls") are blaming Lauren ("an innocent, bullied loved one") for misquoting us on things we have said *directly* to her (that she has screengrabbed), and we are lying to ourselves about this. She is definitely talking about here, because there was a suggestion here last night from at least one person that it must be Lauren who is twisting what's said here and giving Sali a different version, due to the fact that what is written and what she says is written don't add up (ie. she's not reading here herself - hmmm). She says this happens "on and on, across platforms", and accompanies the stories with screengrabs of deleted tweets and her responses to them, on the topic of breast reduction/bra size.

I think we can only assume that she has linked a user here to someone who has sent her something she didn't like on twitter, correctly or incorrectly, and that's why the outburst. She might be absolutely justified in this - this person may have been nasty to her on twitter, deleted their posts, changed their tune when talking about the same subject on tattle, then accused Lauren of twisting what's been said here. It's possible.

It sounds like it's one person. Maybe more, who knows. But it can't be everyone here who has participated in conversations about the twisted versions of discussions here that Sali receives, presumably via a close friend, which is the entire point: people were questioning her constantly presenting a version of events they didn't recognise, and why that would be. We've not all said things to her directly - I for one have never messaged her.

FWIW, I still think she must read here herself. I can't imagine any situation when it would be appropriate to contact a friend/employer when they're on a family holiday abroad to tell them IMMEDIATELY about (relatively innocuous) things being said about them/their assistant and get them worked up to the point that they're posting stories about it at midnight. She must have read it herself in real time.
That’s serious deep analysis! Totally agree it would be preposterous to think that anyone would contact her on holiday to report a bit of humdrum snark on a gossip site. So she’s now outed herself as a tattler.

However, whatever the rights and wrongs of it, she’s clearly in a state and I’m beginning to think I just don’t want to be part of that, however tenuously. The facts and concerns about her lack of honesty are already laid out here for anyone to see. But I’d miss you highly expert and fecund guys... may be I’ll hang around and only comment on beauty? *fence sits*

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
If she is reading here I genuinely hope she has a lovely holiday and I would urge her to stop reading here for the duration. It obviously distresses her and she really doesn’t need to know anything about it. I’m confident in suggesting everyone on this site has been discussed and probably bitched about by others but as we are not in the public domain we have less opportunity to ‘overhear’ those discussions. If I could hear what people said about me- everything both positive and negative- I think I would choose not to because the negative would just cancel the positive out for me. I can see how compulsive looking in must feel but it’s a really, really bad idea, it simply won’t stop however much you protest. That isn’t meant to sound threatening! it’s just the nature of gossip from the playground to the boardroom. Please Sali, block it. I honestly say this from a place of compassion.

• Heart
That’s serious deep analysis! Totally agree it would be preposterous to think that anyone would contact her on holiday to report a bit of humdrum snark on a gossip site. So she’s now outed herself as a tattler.

However, whatever the rights and wrongs of it, she’s clearly in a state and I’m beginning to think I just don’t want to be part of that, however tenuously. The facts and concerns about her lack of honesty are already laid out here for anyone to see. But I’d miss you highly expert and fecund guys... may be I’ll hang around and only comment on beauty? *fence sits*
I totally get that. Always good to check oneself every now and again. I actually didn't start posting to comment primarily about Sali, but because you were talking about beauty and skin care issues in a relatable way. Most online beauty stuff isn't catered to our age demographic (I think i'm right in assuming majority of us are middle aging gracefully?) That's why I've stuck around for the last month.

Reactions: 5

I feel the same. I don't think we've done anything wrong but I also don't like how she's clearly distressed. Have mixed feelings on the whole subject.

Wish she would just stop reading here

Reactions: 9
Or a cynical person might say she's ramping up the victim playing in order to make posters here feel guilty and ashamed so they stop posting.

There is nothing wrong with the majority of the discussion here. People make valid points time and time again on how it was thought she was an unbiased source of information and this has turned out not to be the case.

Reactions: 16
Or a cynical person might say she's ramping up the victim playing in order to make posters here feel guilty and ashamed so they stop posting.
Quite possibly. That’s one reason I pointed out that her current upset isn’t just based on this thread, as there’s a risk of us getting caught up in her drama.

Reactions: 4
She does want it both ways though does Sali. She wants to write the pieces/posts about tits, maintenance shags, Christmas without kids, other people's writing, hating workouts, Peloton workouts etc etc but doesn't want anyone to have any differing opinion or point out her U-turns.

This place, Tattle, is where we come to air our thoughts on all these things. No, I don't stalk her on social media platforms wanting to argue or confront her but I do like posting here to either disagree with what she has posted, shake my head at how crap her columns are, or take the piss out of the more ludicrous posts. I am quite comfortable in my skin doing that, I am doing NOTHING wrong. If there is something more sinister going on that she is referring to she needs to separate the two.

She absolutely reads here, why I have no idea. I know if our roles were reversed I wouldn't give a crap who was saying tit about me at any time, let alone when I was on my family holiday #PAID FOR.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm not going to self censor myself because Sali's feelings are hurt. She's more than welcome to come here and challenge any one of our posts or have a discussion with us. Or actually address any actual hurtful comments. But where else am I going to harp on about nuface?!

It's weird, looking at the screenshots she posted of the deleted tweets and her replies, it seems to be a relatively innocuous conversation about having big boobs - why would she reply so civilly if they had been rude or abusive? That would be extremely out of character. So if that's what this is based on, I don't think anyone from here is bothering her on Twitter or IG; if they were and there were worse things to post, she would post them, surely?
These screenshots may be from a Twitter conversation around a year ago. I wasn't part of the conversation (I've never been part of a Twitter conversation involving SH) so not sure why I remember it. I think it started with someone saying something like: Great to be home and take my bra off. SH responded to the tweet - again, vague memory only - saying something like: I'd be so uncomfortable not wearing a bra. The original tweet hadn't been aimed at SH; I think it was just something about which she had something to say.

My memory is that there then ensued a Twitter conversation during which SH said what her bra size was and that she always slept in a bra. As the screenshotted extract suggests, she also mentioned considering surgery. I don't remember there being anything in the conversation that would have been upsetting to SH or any of the participants (although I can't say that I followed the conversation through to its end).

That Twitter conversation was then picked up here (I noticed it when I was going through the early threads the other day to write the Wiki thing). The discussion starts with someone saying they're surprised at SH putting that type of personal information in the public domain, but I don't think there was anything unkind about the discussion here. I think it was mostly people saying whether they personally would or wouldn't sleep in a bra.

So, yes, not sure why those deleted tweets were relevant. Yes it does show that SH had directly engaged in a social media discussion around her bra size - but, if it's the discussion I remember and if I've remembered correctly, it was she who had brought up the subject and the conversation had seemed perfectly amicable.

I feel a bit ridiculous writing about something so trivial but I do feel angry about the way things seem to me to be misrepresented and the upset it then causes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm not going to self censor myself because Sali's feelings are hurt. She's more than welcome to come here and challenge any one of our posts or have a discussion with us. Or actually address any actual hurtful comments. But where else am I going to harp on about nuface?!

Actually having said that I do post on reddit forums (r/30plusskincare) but it's full of freshly faced poreless babies.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
These screenshots may be from a Twitter conversation around a year ago. I wasn't part of the conversation (I've never been part of a Twitter conversation involving SH) so not sure why I remember it. I think it started with someone saying something like: Great to be home and take my bra off. SH responded to the tweet - again, vague memory only - saying something like: I'd be so uncomfortable not wearing a bra. The original tweet hadn't been aimed at SH; I think it was just something about which she had something to say.

My memory is that there then ensued a Twitter conversation during which SH said what her bra size was and that she always slept in a bra. As the screenshotted extract suggests, she also mentioned considering surgery. I don't remember there being anything in the conversation that would have been upsetting to SH or any of the participants.

That Twitter conversation was then picked up here (I noticed it when I was going through the early threads the other day to write the Wiki thing). The discussion starts with someone saying they're surprised at SH putting that type of personal information in the public domain, but I don't think there was anything unkind about the discussion here. I think it was mostly people saying whether they personally would or wouldn't sleep in a bra.

So, yes, not sure why those deleted tweets were relevant. Yes it does show that SH had directly engaged in a social media discussion around her bra size - but, if it's the discussion I remember and if I've remembered correctly, it was she who had brought up the subject and the conversation had seemed perfectly amicable.

I feel a bit ridiculous writing about something so trivial but I do feel angry about the way things seem to me to be misrepresented and the upset it then causes.
Yes, that’s it:

8CC6E198-55DB-4C0B-9D30-3C1828918E44.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I would also like to point out that no one called Lauren fat or ugly as Sali claims- the only post about Lauren's weight was that Sali chose her because she's not as slim as Sali- this was in one of the earlier threads and the poster said she felt bad.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.