Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree. I don’t recall anything much about her boobs on here, never mind ‘sticking them out’. I wouldn’t have liked to see comments like that as there are some in the same boat. I’m too wondering if there is another place? All comments here are gossipy but measured and by no means just nasty - well from what I have read.
It's always here. On the night of her video people were saying it couldn't be here that had driven her to make it as her claims didn't match what we said. Then she Tweeted something along the lines of 'yes I'm talking about you'. So I think she is referring to here and she's reading. 👋Morning Sali.

Reactions: 5
If she’s reading these threads herself, why on earth has she never addressed the main reason we’re all here? We’re here because she misled us as to the nature of her recommendations and advice over many years. She never, ever addresses that. If the ASA regs hadn’t changed a couple of years ago, she’d have carried on as before. We’ve all said this a number of times, and she never addresses it because she knows we’re right. She’s let down an awful lot of strangers who once took her words at face value.

Also, she’s said not one word to condemn her mate India’s p*edo boyfriend. Not one.

Reactions: 16
To see us as anything other than trolls negates her entire ‘pretty honest’ USP. It would reveal that her ‘honesty’ can be bought.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This thread has gone WAY beyond discussing non disclosure of ads and botox IMO (which is what got me on to tattle as I was so pissed off with these influencers)
Every post she does, someone will always come along and make an unkind comment - her tongue is the wrong colour, she pants too much when exercising, she says lip instead of lips, she only posted pics of her jeans to show off looking slim, her hair looks awful, to name but a few. This is not simply commenting on her rude manner, dubious choice of friends and non disclosure of botox.

What I mean above that I would encourage other members to stick to the topic of non disclosure and dubious ethics, and pull up any unkind/ bitchy/ off topic comments that will add fuel to the 'bullying' claims. Because I'm sure she could rake through these threads and come up with literally hundreds of unkind bulling type comments for her documentary.

That's a good point, Houseplantkiller.

I don't agree with personal comments about her appearance, clothes or decor either and I think I made a similar point a while ago when it seemed like it was getting very personal.

Reactions: 1
I just don't see why people here keep insisting it's all about the advertising - it's not. If it's a bitchy thread because you can't stand her as a person - then fine - own it! but it just looks silly to pretend it's not, because there are hundreds if not thousands of comments to prove otherwise.

Reactions: 2
I think for many people it is just about feeling annoyed by the dishonesty. The yellow tongue comments etc were made by a minority, I believe.

Reactions: 3
I think some of the comments on here are mean. I may have said something that offends her myself, I don't know. But then - if you choose to put certain aspects of your life into the public eye, you've got to deal with people behaving like this. I mean, if you don't want people to comment on your toes then don't post pictures of a champagne cork thingy on your toes. People will always talk about other people. Boris Johnson's weight, David Beckham's hair, Madonna's botox, whatever - I don't think this is all bullying.

Reactions: 12
I think it’s also fair to say that she’s friends with a child sex offender who she hasn’t publicly renounced. Add that to her Mitford post this morning ‘no one in life is either all good or all bad’ and it doesn’t look great. Some people are bad enough that they deserve to be cancelled, Sali.
How about you address that on holiday instead of your boobs that no one actually cares about.

Reactions: 13
But she's also threatened to doxx people here, regardless of whether they engage in 'bitching' or are here to discuss ethics etc. She isn't drawing any distinction, so I think it's important for us to make them.

Also, none of this to my knowledge, has ever moved beyond Tattle aside from when SH mentions it. Are people only supposed to be nice and positive about other people at all times and in all spaces? Never say anything critical anywhere? If a magazine writes a negative review of an artist or a actor are they bullies? Is anything other than 100% nice at all times bullying and trolling now?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
This thread has gone WAY beyond discussing non disclosure of ads and botox IMO (which is what got me on to tattle as I was so pissed off with these influencers)
Every post she does, someone will always come along and make an unkind comment - her tongue is the wrong colour, she pants too much when exercising, she says lip instead of lips, she only posted pics of her jeans to show off looking slim, her hair looks awful, to name but a few. This is not simply commenting on her rude manner, dubious choice of friends and non disclosure of botox.

What I mean above that I would encourage other members to stick to the topic of non disclosure and dubious ethics, and pull up any unkind/ bitchy/ off topic comments that will add fuel to the 'bullying' claims. Because I'm sure she could rake through these threads and come up with literally hundreds of unkind bulling type comments for her documentary.

Sometimes it gets more personal than I would choose. I’ve said before that I don’t think Lauren is fair game - she hasn’t chosen a public role, she’s just Sali’s assistant. But generally if it gets on to something that is inappropriate, the thread polices itself pretty well.

If she does undeclared ads for a hairdresser - her hair is bound to be discussed. If she chooses to post video of herself exercising, the ridiculousness of the footage she chose is bound to be commented on. As a writer, her use of language is commented on. None of this is bullying.

There is lots of critical chat, but we come back again and again to the major issues around honesty, disclosure and ethics as they are the key issues and she never addresses them.

I've mixed feelings on this subject. On one hand, I do feel bad that she's clearly upset, to the point of it taking over her holiday. On the other, she has an army of adoring fans who tell her how stunning, great, amazing she is, you only need to look at her IG comments to see that. So why is she so focused on this corner of the internet?

Yes some of the comments may be unkind but I still think that people are here because they're disillusioned and some discovered they don't like her as a person along the way.

Reactions: 15
I’m struggling to articulate my thoughts and feelings on this. Some comments are bitchy and piss taking without a doubt and could very well be seen as bullying. On the other hand there are a lot of posts commenting positively on her appearance and let’s face it Sali herself isn’t beyond taking the piss out of people in a public domain . I am not condoning it btw, just trying to work through my thoughts on it all. There are shades of grey in all of this and so much of the discussion on here is centred around her attitude, way of dealing with her audience, we also discuss many other things - there’s a lot of beauty related chat for instance. I do take your point @Houseplantkiller though. In my view whatever Sali is reading / hearing about these threads doesn’t accurately represent the full conversation. That being said it’s human nature to focus on the negative and it’s understandable that she is doing that. In the interest of balance so many of us came over here after the Friday video and Estee Laundry posts and couldn’t believe she was talking about the same place. I came here out of curiosity and an underlying unease about her manner, recommendations, ad declaring etc.

ETA - the Mitford post this morning about being good or bad ... I suppose the same could be said about here?

Reactions: 8
I get that some people are uncomfortable with some comments and let's be clear we are commenting on a gossip site. But I honestly think the way we discuss Sali is on the whole respectful and really pretty thoughtful. She has a choice. She can choose to come here and misread, feel persecuted and get all upset because she can't handle basic criticism, OR she could just make the choice to not actually read here. I'm not going to beat myself up about what I say or do because I'm making my own choices to log onto Tattle and be my snarky self.

I think it's true in the context of this thread, no one cares about Sali's boobs. That's not bullying to say so. And I say this because (my interpretation) her instagram post seemed aimed at Tattle and that this had been a subject much discussed. It's not, it hasn't. No one mentioned her bosoms except in relation to her comments about how big they were.

Are the people she’s potentially doxxing still here then? Isn’t doxxing illegal.

(Sorry very new to these threads and not entirely sure I’ve got the jist but if the original video chased some posters off ....?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Sali’s recent outburst definitely isn’t solely about here. I’ll post @cholulamare’s screenshots again as they make this clear. Sali complains it is “across platforms” and mentions deleted tweets and posts. I don’t think any posts have been deleted here.

FBE0DB0B-BA5F-47DE-ADE5-A84EA15A3B5C.jpeg
1FDDDBA2-64CE-4A2C-AA5D-C13C5DA2E914.jpeg
51A6AE50-2DDE-41EB-9F0B-B041B6920729.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.