Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fragrance is odd to me .... not that I smell something odd. If that makes any sense whatsoever 🤓

She hasn’t shared her column on Twitter. I was looking forward to someone saying ‘oh, but hyaluronic acid doesnt work on my face’ to have one of her very snippy responses about not trying hard enough/buying the ‘right’ product or similar.
Or just saying something like ‘impossible, it works for EVERYONE’.

I’m a bit weirded out by my skin no longer being greasy, because it’s been oily/combination my whole life, before I knew anything about skincare and all the way since, until a few weeks ago. I’ve still been occasionally using the last few drops of The Ordinary’s HA that I have, which doesn’t seem to do anything either way. Last night I didn’t use it, just niacinamide and some salicylic acid, and when I used the retinol in squalane a bit later I noticed it didn’t pill or feel grainy which was interesting. (Side note: will be applying hefty SPF today). Has anyone else had a skin type change like this? I’m in my 30s and I assumed I’d have oily skin forever, or at least till I was quite a bit older than I am now! I’ve built my entire skincare and makeup collection around it. I think it’s now dehydrated rather than being dry, per se.
Everything pills on top of TO's HA. Their products generally don't layer well, but the HA is awful for pilling

Reactions: 2
Everything pills on top of TO's HA. Their products generally don't layer well, but the HA is awful for pilling
I always had it in my head it was caused by the niacinamide and zinc, which is a real game changer product for me. Ditching HA is revelatory!

Reactions: 2
Why can’t she just go on holiday and lay off the shill. Enjoy your family, different surroundings, food & drink. Sharing pictures online with strangers would be the furthest thing from my mind when on holiday. Who really gives a duck what she eats, drinks, wears? But she is so very private.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why can’t she just go on holiday and lay off the shill. Enjoy your family, different surroundings, food & drink. Sharing pictures online with strangers would be the furthest thing from my mind when on holiday. Who really gives a duck what she eats, drinks, wears? But she is so very private.
Because she has to.let us know she PAID for.her holiday. Even now she can't let it go....

Reactions: 5
Hehe one of SH’s many little quirks that she was private about was she *didn’t like going overseas on summer holidays and always went the same Cornish “ponce hole”. I assume she means the work travel she did.

*like a lot people

• Haha
Reactions: 3
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

If I was lucky enough to be in Greece right now, and I probably would be if I felt that it was safe enough to travel, you can bet I would not be writing overly long replies to people on Instagram who didn't even ask a bleeping question.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh god, read a bleeping book, play Uno with your kids and drink a carafe of Retsina. Don't pontificate with randoms on the internet. (Oh, looks at self and slinks off with tail between legs)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't get what she is saying either. I (like us all) pay for my own products, expensive and cheap. It doesn't make me biased. I am still aware whether something is tit or not worth the money. Surely, it's more disappointing and demoralising for us as we have actually shelled out for the stuff.

Reactions: 6
What a load of rubbish. Getting freebies doesn't give you some kind of all knowing sixth sense

Also; does she use every single product she is sent ever? Surely choosing to test one product over another is "an act of bias"

Reactions: 13
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

If I was lucky enough to be in Greece right now, and I probably would be if I felt that it was safe enough to travel, you can bet I would not be writing overly long replies to people on Instagram who didn't even ask a bleeping question.
Yes, she’s really great at (per the 3rd screen shot) keeping her work out of her family life isn’t she. She’s not spending any time at all posting meaningless shite, complete with links to where she got her top, sunglasses etc, on Instagram while on a family holiday.

Reactions: 10
Yes, she’s really great at (per the 3rd screen shot) keeping her work out of her family life isn’t she. She’s not spending any time at all posting meaningless shite, complete with links to where she got her top, sunglasses etc, on Instagram while on a family holiday.
And she's only bloody landed. Barely time to unpack and she's ready snapping away!

Reactions: 3
Her suitcase - “bought with 30% off” - is that 30% off because of a sale that anyone could get or 30% off because she’ll put it on Instagram?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s from Away, which is that brand all the influencers are paid to stand near. JFC, I don’t think she’s missed a single brand now.

Reactions: 10
Her suitcase - “bought with 30% off” - is that 30% off because of a sale that anyone could get or 30% off because she’ll put it on Instagram?
Yup it’s a shill, because she will put it on Instagram. AWAY don’t do sales or discounts.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.