Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m using up the last of my HA and I’ve noticed my previously very greasy skin is actually quite parched. Which may be entirely coincidental. My beefy skin is a complete disaster to be honest.
After 3 weeks of not using HA at all, when my skin was rather ok, i used it one evening just to wake up with an oily face - combination skin here - so it went in the bin. I had it in the past as well, and never been able to single out the culprit, but now this was the only difference between good skin and fry an egg face.

Reactions: 4
Not in the least bit surprised to see the loathsome false Marian Keyes sucking up again. Horrible woman :mad:
"You are the very best of eggs". Pass me the sick bucket

I share your feelings on MK. I think I've said it here before but she strikes me as someone who would be saccharine sweet to your face and then tear you to strips when you leave the room
I too detest MK. I used to think she was funny, and she was the only chick lit author I'd ever read. That was maybe 20 years ago, then I forgot about her for a few years and found her on Twitter recently. She's a disgusting crony, sucking up to IK and other reprehensible people. All about the company she keeps.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’d have had a bit more respect for the article if it had acknowledged that Hyaluronic Acid isn’t actually for everyone, in the same way that no skincare product is truly for everyone, and maybe suggested an alternative hydrator.
Oh, and if it had been less bloody patronising as well.
Absolutely this. It's so pig-headed to be parroting the line that HA is for EVERYONE and there's NO WAY that your skin won't like it in 2020, particularly after the re-publication of that Jessica Defino article. She's actually causing harm to people's skin by insisting on using absolutes like this, it's so unprofessional.

Reactions: 6
He would have sought top legal advice when he was charged, and been told what (expensive) steps to take in order to appear remorseful, reformed, and a victim himself (poor Eric and his rugged and unruly temper and wee drinking problem). Add to that IK's media clout, and the writing was on the wall that he would not do a day in prison. The rich don't live by the same rules as the rest of us

May I ask what has IK ever done as a "journalist" besides endlessly give her opinion? Is that ... it?
It's funny you should ask that...

20200808_210444.jpg

20200808_210502.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Awww the pineapple and the p a e d o, what a match made in the gutters of fleet street

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
She hasn’t shared her column on Twitter. I was looking forward to someone saying ‘oh, but hyaluronic acid doesnt work on my face’ to have one of her very snippy responses about not trying hard enough/buying the ‘right’ product or similar.
Or just saying something like ‘impossible, it works for EVERYONE’.

I’m a bit weirded out by my skin no longer being greasy, because it’s been oily/combination my whole life, before I knew anything about skincare and all the way since, until a few weeks ago. I’ve still been occasionally using the last few drops of The Ordinary’s HA that I have, which doesn’t seem to do anything either way. Last night I didn’t use it, just niacinamide and some salicylic acid, and when I used the retinol in squalane a bit later I noticed it didn’t pill or feel grainy which was interesting. (Side note: will be applying hefty SPF today). Has anyone else had a skin type change like this? I’m in my 30s and I assumed I’d have oily skin forever, or at least till I was quite a bit older than I am now! I’ve built my entire skincare and makeup collection around it. I think it’s now dehydrated rather than being dry, per se.

Reactions: 3
She hasn’t shared her column on Twitter. I was looking forward to someone saying ‘oh, but hyaluronic acid doesnt work on my face’ to have one of her very snippy responses about not trying hard enough/buying the ‘right’ product or similar.
Or just saying something like ‘impossible, it works for EVERYONE’.

I’m a bit weirded out by my skin no longer being greasy, because it’s been oily/combination my whole life, before I knew anything about skincare and all the way since, until a few weeks ago. I’ve still been occasionally using the last few drops of The Ordinary’s HA that I have, which doesn’t seem to do anything either way. Last night I didn’t use it, just niacinamide and some salicylic acid, and when I used the retinol in squalane a bit later I noticed it didn’t pill or feel grainy which was interesting. (Side note: will be applying hefty SPF today). Has anyone else had a skin type change like this? I’m in my 30s and I assumed I’d have oily skin forever, or at least till I was quite a bit older than I am now! I’ve built my entire skincare and makeup collection around it. I think it’s now dehydrated rather than being dry, per se.
I always had oily/combination skin until I hit my 40s. My hair was also, or so I thought, and I would wash it daily. I couldn’t pin point the exact time, but I noticed my skin changed and products were drying me out and I was looking for more moisture and creamier textures. I’d also get more dry patches. The added bonus was my hair, in that I can now wash it a couple of times a week! I definitely think it’s an age, hormonal thing.

On HA, I’ve tried various serums, the ordinary etc, and I don’t feel that any of them have ever particularly done anything for me. I gave up using it as a stand alone product ages ago, although I appreciate they put it in loads of other creams and serums.

Reactions: 2
I always had oily/combination skin until I hit my 40s. My hair was also, or so I thought, and I would wash it daily. I couldn’t pin point the exact time, but I noticed my skin changed and products were drying me out and I was looking for more moisture and creamier textures. I’d also get more dry patches. The added bonus was my hair, in that I can now wash it a couple of times a week! I definitely think it’s an age, hormonal thing.

On HA, I’ve tried various serums, the ordinary etc, and I don’t feel that any of them have ever particularly done anything for me. I gave up using it as a stand alone product ages ago, although I appreciate they put it in loads of other creams and serums.
The idea that my scalp would become less oily too is a total winner to me. I can stretch it out with dry shampoo but it does my scalp no favours 😊

MK has had beauty columns in Irish publications on and off for over 25 years and it really irritates me...she isn't an expert, and as a zillionaire novelist can she not let someone who (a) knows what they're talking about and (b) needs the money and exposure have the job?.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've used several products and masks with hyaluronic acid over the years but can't say I ever noticed any difference, certainly never felt more hydrated or plumped!

It isn't an ingredient I avoid though, I'm just not convinced it does anything beneficial. Yet more snake oil.

I quite like hyaluronic acid over a spritz of rosewater and glycerin and under moisturiser. But it's just a temporary dewiness. I love the cheapy Superdrug hydrating serum but that has other nice things in it too

Also like a few drops of hadalabo HA in my serum but like Svetlana says, an hour later the effect has gone. Glossier Future Dew is supposed to give an all day effect of this plumped moist skin but you can't get it where I live. :sneaky:

Also passionately love those Garnier Hydrabomb masks but again, the results are short lived.

Also like a few drops of hadalabo HA in my serum but like Svetlana says, an hour later the effect has gone. Glossier Future Dew is supposed to give an all day effect of this plumped moist skin but you can't get it where I live. :sneaky:

Also passionately love those Garnier Hydrabomb masks but again, the results are short lived.
I have Future Dew, I love the look of glow ; I can be seen from outer space😂, sorry you can’t get hold of it🙁.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.