Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sali has trotted out the old chestnut about HA holding a million gazillion times its weight in water - for which Jessica DeFino in her much longer article could find no original reference.

Here's the link - this is the article which everyone was talking about, which mysteriously disappeared and was republished months later with altered headline.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hyaluronic Aciiiiiiiid today in the column. I do like the Hadolabo original stuff in the giant bottle, been using it for years.
She's really delivering on the latest ingredients! 🤭
Again, so many women asking her about it, need clarification. If only there's this thing you can write something you're interested in and it gives you hundreds and thousands of pages of information, we wouldn't have to bother her so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
“Many people feel left behind”? So patronising, again. Ironic that it’s actually Sali who’s been left behind on this one. Hasn’t she even seen the DeFino piece? I guess it’s not relevant when you’re just a product shiller...

0573FF7A-6FEF-4B7D-81A5-30A4C219CB6A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
IK didn’t say nothing though, @ThisIsMyDragName. She posted flippant tweets, showing concern only for herself, and referring to her partner’s crimes as “whatever happened happened two years ago” and planning treats with friends in the sycophantic replies. Now deleted, but a few screenshots:

View attachment 205337

Discussed further from:http://tattle.life/threads/sali-hughes-17-so-shady-she-doesnt-need-an-spf.6843/post-1622667
Not in the least bit surprised to see the loathsome false Marian Keyes sucking up again. Horrible woman :mad:

Reactions: 6
Not in the least bit surprised to see the loathsome false Marian Keyes sucking up again. Horrible woman :mad:
"You are the very best of eggs". Pass me the sick bucket

I share your feelings on MK. I think I've said it here before but she strikes me as someone who would be saccharine sweet to your face and then tear you to strips when you leave the room

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
"You are the very best of eggs". Pass me the sick bucket

I share your feelings on MK. I think I've said it here before but she strikes me as someone who would be saccharine sweet to your face and then tear you to strips when you leave the room
I couldn't agree more. She just comes across as so false. I absolutely can't stand her.

Reactions: 9
How did she survive the Graun cull again? That is her offering? A piss poor sales pitch for 3 or 4 products, half of which are years old.

Is her column now aimed at actual cave dwellers who have had no access to the internet, social media or magazines for the past 5+ years?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If that Guardian comments section was open I would definitely be linking Jessica Defino’s article. Not for Sali, who I’m sure would ignore it, but for her other readers, some of whom I’m sure have also not had great experiences with the ‘hallowed’ ingredient.

IK didn’t say nothing though, @ThisIsMyDragName. She posted flippant tweets, showing concern only for herself, and referring to her partner’s crimes as “whatever happened happened two years ago” and planning treats with friends in the sycophantic replies. Now deleted, but a few screenshots:

View attachment 205335
View attachment 205336
View attachment 205337

Discussed further from:http://tattle.life/threads/sali-hughes-17-so-shady-she-doesnt-need-an-spf.6843/post-1622667
All very fair points!

Reactions: 1
end line
"join the cult" :sick:
Why is there's the continuous 'cult' language used with these beauty influencers (or whatever they want to call themselves)? It just reinforces some sort of elitist hierarchy. Normal people just want some information, advice, etc not to run off and be part of a cult

Reactions: 4
I’d have had a bit more respect for the article if it had acknowledged that Hyaluronic Acid isn’t actually for everyone, in the same way that no skincare product is truly for everyone, and maybe suggested an alternative hydrator.
Oh, and if it had been less bloody patronising as well.

Doesn’t Hyaluronic Acid actually work by drawing out your natural moisture and dragging it to the surface? I’m using up the last of my HA and I’ve noticed my previously very greasy skin is actually quite parched. Which may be entirely coincidental. My beefy skin is a complete disaster to be honest.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I can't get over IK's "It was horrible for it to become public". Not what he did; that it became public. I assume she thought it wouldn't.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Thanks to this site and the Jessica Defino article I cut most hyaluronic acid out of my routine a month or so ago and my skin’s never looked better. I wake up with glowy skin, and don’t have mid-afternoon oiliness to deal with anymore.

I’d believed for years, largely thanks to Sali, that this was an essential ingredient I could never be without.

Also can’t believe we need an article about hyaluronic acid in 2020. Even my 70-something mum who believes Olay is the be all and end all of skincare knows what it is and does.

Reactions: 12
I cut out HA also after reading that article. Not easy to do as it appears to be in every product these days. Never would have found it if not for this board. Thank you! I must report that my skin is much more calm, even toned and hydrated.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.