Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think I have enough lip real estate to pull that off
You know all I wanted when I was Young was a demure 20s/30s movie star wry smile. My lips can look quite clownish if painted the wrong way.

Living your best life there 😂
I got wildly addicted to the Chantecaille one in younger days. Alteya Organics mist. £13 for a 500ml (I think?!) bottle. God, it’s glorious

Reactions: 2
I'm so jealous! I've let my brows grow for 6 months twice and they still haven't recovered properly, just looked messy. I may try the serum thing and see if it helps!
They are by no means completely filled in. I will need brow product forever sadly. I look back at photos of old me and I had the best brows. So full and thick and dark. Until that "brow queen" told me they were too strong for my face 😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 6
They are by no means completely filled in. I will need brow product forever sadly. I look back at photos of old me and I had the best brows. So full and thick and dark. Until that "brow queen" told me they were too strong for my face 😭😭
What happened with the brow queen and who was it?

I have never been blessed with hearty brows and will forever need at least 2 things to make them faux glorious

Reactions: 1
I have great brows. But I leave them to their own devices and then I look like Dennis Healy.

• Haha
I'm so jealous! I've let my brows grow for 6 months twice and they still haven't recovered properly, just looked messy. I may try the serum thing and see if it helps!
Ive heard The Ordinary serum is good for the eyebrows.

Re your grown out brows looking messy - invest in an eyebrow spoolie (?) and some little eyebrow scissors. It will help your eyebrows look neater whilst you’re growing them out and make such a difference to your appearance. All you have to do then is fill in bald patches with powder.

I’m really scared of injectables tbh... more that I’d get that shiny tight face. I just don’t want to end up looking weird. Hmmm.
I know exactly what you mean. Personally I am totally fine with creases on my face EXCEPT between my eyebrows. I seem to have developed the dreaded “elevens” between my brows and it makes me look so old!! Time for some Botox!!!

Reactions: 4
I only use it on the lower face but I gather it works quite well to give a slight lift to the brow.
It gives too much of a lift to the brow in my case, and makes me look a bit quizzical. I avoid it above the eyes for that reason.
I second that it won't be helpful for tear troughs

It gives too much of a lift to the brow in my case, and makes me look a bit quizzical. I avoid it above the eyes for that reason.
I second that it won't be helpful for tear troughs
Ooh I’m actually delighted to hear this. I have outer face sag. I have a huge bleeping face ❤

• Haha
The RapidLash Eyebrow Enhancing Serum is really good if used consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I can't justify the expense and up keep of injectables. And - each to their own, no judgement from me - but I haven't worked out the contradiction I have between wanting to age naturally versus finding certain signs of ageing upsettig. On one hand, my feminist belief that women shouldn't apolgise for ageing and my anger that women are made to feel an expensive cream is better self-care than an investment fund. On the other hand, I'm really self conscious of my jawline because I'm a product of a capitalist patriarchy.
This is me too

What happened with the brow queen and who was it?
She was in Sydney (Sharon Lee), and as far as I know she still has her luvvie brow business. Just checked. She does. Though her title has been usurped

Last edited:
I do have good brows, but I have my aunt to thank for that. I was a teenager in the 90's when plucking your eyebrows into oblivion was a thing and my aunt WARNED me not to touch them because she'd plucked hers into oblivion in the 60'a and 70's and they never grew back.

I do have horrible hooded eyes though :(

I do have good brows, but I have my aunt to thank for that. I was a teenager in the 90's when plucking your eyebrows into oblivion was a thing and my aunt WARNED me not to touch them because she'd plucked hers into oblivion in the 60'a and 70's and they never grew back.

I do have horrible hooded eyes though :(
Also hooded eyes here 😕

• Sad
Hooded eyes too. I don't mind. It just means one less thing to faff with (all eye makeup)

I don't even wear that. Just curl my lashes and a bit of highlighter on brow bone

argh now I have mac lipsticks chasing me around the internet

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.