Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone read the 'how to look good in a facemask' article? I find the concept so bloody irritating I haven't brought myself to read it yet.
Just skimmed through it, there is some practical advice on handling masks, but How should I choose my mask: what’s the most flattering style? :rolleyes:
Obviously it should have CC on it, or at least LV. For a cheering and indulging option, consider a Birkin mask. Can't wait for resort collections of colostomy bags.
Remember to smile with your eyes. Is that a Tyra Banks smize?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just skimmed through it, there is some practical advice on handling masks, but How should I choose my mask: what’s the most flattering style?:rolleyes:
Obviously it should have CC on it, or at least LV. For a cheering and indulging option, consider a Birkin mask. Can't wait for resort collections of colostomy bags.
Remember to smile with your eyes. Is that a Tyra Banks smize?
What the actual?!

Reactions: 1
And, of course: There’s an old beauty industry cliche about how, in times of crisis, lipstick sales hold steady as women buy little luxuries for cheer and paint on a brave face for fortitude.
This became a cliche solely because she mentions it every chance she gets.

What the actual?!
(...) etiquette expert, Debora Robertson, co-author of Manners: A Modern Field Guide (...) Remember to smile with your eyes, and to say please and thank you.
:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think my first Sali-influenced purchase was those foul, sticky Revlon Lip Butters. The Facebook group lost their collective mind over them. A form of group madness regularly broke out over certain products, but just as likely started by another member’s rec as SH’s.

View attachment 185281
Yep this was my first Sali-influenced purchase I think! Didn’t get what all the song and dance was about

• Haha
Reactions: 2
And, of course: There’s an old beauty industry cliche about how, in times of crisis, lipstick sales hold steady as women buy little luxuries for cheer and paint on a brave face for fortitude.
Oh no she didn't come out with this tripe again did she?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ruby Woo, I'm embarrassed to say I bought that. It was as dry as chalk. Really unusable and I had to chuck it. For one sixth of the price, I got that nice matte stained look from the Bourjois Rouge Velvet range.

Reactions: 4
I kept my Ruby Woo, not to wear, but as a stick to beat myself with in order to not be so stupid ever again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Russian Red and Mehr are staples of mine xx

The crayon doesn't last and I don't like the Dolce Vita lipstick, it's too glossy and pale. I love Jungle Red

Remember #boycottguerlain ? Embarrassing when you think about it
God yes, looking back it's pretty embarrassing. Adults losing their tit over a discontinued product.

I gave the lip butters to my mum, she loves them, bless her.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Please can I ask exactly what the nu face does? I am being tempted. 42, look okay but my under eyes - tear troughs are annoying me.

I had similar experience to Revlon Lip Butter with chanel rouge coco shine. Bit more expensive though. 🙄

Greasy and disappears too soon

Last edited:
I remember Sali called the Revlon lip butter in Candy Apple Red a "starter red lipstick" or similar

I also got Mac See Sheer lipstick, she referred to as a "Fisher Price lipstick". Waste of money, too sheer and an unflattering colour on me

Reactions: 1
The YSL Slim Sheer Matte’s are great - creamy but matte ... if you want a blotted lipstick look. I love them.

Don’t mind the Mac Matte’s but I tend to buy them in the minis as I get bored easily. CT mascara is effing tit. However I love the Bobbi Brown smokey eyes ... it’s always a repeat purchase for me... good Sali tip here is to put a waterproof mascara or a tubing mascara over the top if you get panda eyes.

The suqqu foundation .... don’t go there 🤣

Has anyone read the 'how to look good in a facemask' article? I find the concept so bloody irritating I haven't brought myself to read it yet.
Looks like SH was wrong - as well as a bit unkind - when she responded tetchily to an IG follower the other day who questioned whether she (SH) was right to just put her face mask back in her handbag.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I think my first Sali-influenced purchase was those foul, sticky Revlon Lip Butters. The Facebook group lost their collective mind over them.
View attachment 185281
These were probably one of my first Sali-influenced purchases as well, and I think I must be the only person here who actually loved (and still wears on occasion) Candy Apple! Unfortunately though, I also got a load of the other colours and apart from an orangey coral one they were uniformly shite. Never had any issues with the texture like most people here, but other than Candy Apple the colours weren't flattering on the whole. That was probably one of the first times I went mad for a product and bought stuff I didn't need with abandon.

I also got a few of the EL Pure Colour Envy lippies (decent, but no idea why I got the Intense Nude shade that Sali insisted was universally flattering when it looked awful on me), and some of the Too Faced lippies (also a nice formula but not great colours).

I hated when Sali insisted there was such a thing as a universally flattering shade. It's just not true. Pillow talk for instance- that made me look dead. Most "nudes" do.

Reactions: 10
On a completely different note: can you recommend a matte or semi matte lipstick that isn’t drying @SqualorVictoria @NotDumbBlonde?

Sorry it’s @NotDumbNotBlonde of course
One of my favourites is Chanel Rouge Coco. I've only got one shade (Arthur) that I wore on my wedding day, but I adore it and it's so much less drying than Mac, CT, and those Laura Mercier lipstick pens that Sali recommended (beautiful colours though).

I think Nars are ok too but you might still find them drying if that's something you're sensitive to, and the EL Pure Colour Envy are a good semi-matte too.

Reactions: 3
Arthur is gorgeous!

Oh those Laura Mercier pens were dreadful.

The lipsticks I kept from my recent cull:

Nars Jungle Red
Mac Russian Red
Mac Twig
Mac Mehr
Dior 999 Matte
Mac Scarlett Starlet (sadly limited edition)
Some limited edition Chanel in a red tube
Kevyn Aucoin Blood Roses

And two Nars Christmas lip sets

It's still a lot but I plan to use them up

Reactions: 3
I hated when Sali insisted there was such a thing as a universally flattering shade. It's just not true. Pillow talk for instance- that made me look dead. Most "nudes" do.
It's like her insistence there is a red lipstick for everyone. I've never found one that suits me. Or maybe I just don't like it on me?
Nudes don't do a thing for me either.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.