Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is me also! I’ve kept track of the chat on it on this thread and I’m honestly so convinced by the honest and frank accounts by the lovely beefy visages here. Been dithering/lusting for about 9 months. Happy to conduct an experiment when mine arrives to let you know!
I would love to know how you get on. I’m very, very tempted.

Reactions: 4
If you want to see a good video on it check out Hot and Flashy. She raves about it. Won't help tear troughs. I have hollow eyes now. Fillers is only option but I'm just going to live with mine for now. Low down on priority list.
Just watched it! I am sold ....

This is me also! I’ve kept track of the chat on it on this thread and I’m honestly so convinced by the honest and frank accounts by the lovely beefy visages here. Been dithering/lusting for about 9 months. Happy to conduct an experiment when mine arrives to let you know!
Yes please Griz x

Reactions: 1
Do you have to use a specific gel they make, and is it expensive?
As others have said, any gel - including conducting gel for medical use - will do. I use Holland & Barrett Aloe Vera gel which comes in a 500ml pump and is cheap and often on offer. There's an old Lisa Eldridge video where she's using Aloe Vera straight from the plant as her NuFace gel.

If the gel dries out a bit when you're using the NuFace you can revive it with a spray of water rather than add more gel. I try to use as little gel as possible - partly because I'm frugal but also because it can be a bit difficult to wash off (I have to use a muslin cloth and rinse my face several times).

NuFace now make gels with, apparently, skincare benefits that you can leave on. I'm not tempted by that option (would rather use my own skincare).

Is the NuFace cooling? So tempted to get one, too...
It's cool when you start using it but warms up through contact with your skin.

Last edited:
@Badabing101 @Brian Butterfield i shall report back! Going to take before and afters etc although I know already most of the peeps here who bought it in the first wave of being influenced here adore it. Honestly, these threads are the most useful resource for skincare reccs I have ever known. Usually lurking but eternally grateful for you all! ❤

• Heart
Um, I've been thoroughly influenced and just bought the NuFace mini. My jawline is starting to sag, I'm nearly 40, and it seems smarter than expensive creams. I can't justify injectables either. I'll let you know how I get on!

Reactions: 9
Bareminerals fan here. Complexion Rescue is fab as are their lipsticks. My fave lipstick is Swag which is a matte liquid lip colour.
Don't think Sali ever mentions that brand. I really rate them.
I love this thread. :love:

Reactions: 7
Um, I've been thoroughly influenced and just bought the NuFace mini. My jawline is starting to sag, I'm nearly 40, and it seems smarter than expensive creams. I can't justify injectables either. I'll let you know how I get on!
Yes!!! Let us be nu-bies together. I’ll get my coat 😂🙈
ETA I can’t bear the thought of injectables for some reason, fair play to those who have them, and I do debate them, but giving this a crack first

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hope I haven't oversold it. I think the way you're approaching it sounds right - more likely to make a difference than a face cream that promises to 'lift' and without the considerable expense (and other concerns) of injectables.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hope I haven't oversold it. I think the way you're approaching it sounds right - more likely to make a difference than a face cream that promises to 'lift' and without the considerable expense (and other concerns) of injectables.
I have to say @Aude i find your insights extremely valuable and balanced 🙌 thank you

did you ever think about tweeting the guardian? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Don't worry! I'm not expecting a game changing miracle! And there is a good market for secondhand ones on eBay, so I can make some money back if it's not for me. Unlike an expensive serum.

Yes!!! Let us be nu-bies together. I’ll get my coat 😂🙈
ETA I can’t bear the thought of injectables for some reason, fair play to those who have them, and I do debate them, but giving this a crack first
I can't justify the expense and up keep of injectables. And - each to their own, no judgement from me - but I haven't worked out the contradiction I have between wanting to age naturally versus finding certain signs of ageing upsettig. On one hand, my feminist belief that women shouldn't apolgise for ageing and my anger that women are made to feel an expensive cream is better self-care than an investment fund. On the other hand, I'm really self conscious of my jawline because I'm a product of a capitalist patriarchy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve just remembered I bought those guerlain balls on her recommendation and they don’t do anything! Pointless product

Reactions: 2
I can't justify the expense and up keep of injectables. And - each to their own, no judgement from me - but I haven't worked out the contradiction I have between wanting to age naturally versus finding certain signs of ageing upsettig. On one hand, my feminist belief that women shouldn't apolgise for ageing and my anger that women are made to feel an expensive cream is better self-care than an investment fund. On the other hand, I'm really self conscious of my jawline because I'm a product of a capitalist patriarchy.
I feel very seen by this. That’s my debate. I defo believe in your choice do do whatever makes you delighted with yourself... but essentially, all of this.

Reactions: 9
Don't worry! I'm not expecting a game changing miracle! And there is a good market for secondhand ones on eBay, so I can make some money back if it's not for me. Unlike an expensive serum.

I feel this post.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bareminerals fan here. Complexion Rescue is fab as are their lipsticks. My fave lipstick is Swag which is a matte liquid lip colour.
Don't think Sali ever mentions that brand. I really rate them.
I love this thread. :love:
Yes! Love Complexion Rescue, another of my few repeat buys. I usually buy it within a set too where they’ll be a brush or something for not much more than the usual price. Love it.

Reactions: 1
One can, as someone cross will inevitably tell me on Twitter, use plain water and a plant spray but, actually, skin will be no better hydrated than before and very possibly drier.

god that's bitchy
And you just know she'd rather have written about here :ROFLMAO: :eek::m:m:m

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Guilty of going through an organic rose mist spray (I spritz it into my face oil and on the top of masks); because I just bleeping live for spritzing myself with rose water 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't think she would have been paid (if that is what you were wondering). I don't think she would ever have accepted direct payment - actual money - for recommending something in her Guardian column.
I wasn't suggested money changed hands (I used to commission writers). I just meant perhaps there was some kind of collab in the offing

Reactions: 3
I was oddly looking for a glossy one which is why I bought it 😂 as they are a gel, they are really comfy, but they are not high shine. They just are kind of dreamy? Matte or trad finish lipsticks - eg Mac twig kind of ones, always feel heavy and dusty on me, if that makes sense? Keep an eye out for a discount code, and buy a shade you’ll wear often anyway. I colour matched my everyday lippy to one so I could try the formula but would use up anyway, if that makes sense? I’ve bought a red and a darker one since. I really like them!
Eta: this is the most similar to how the finish looks on me:
View attachment 185424
I don't think I have enough lip real estate to pull that off

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.