Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

muffintop13

Chatty Member
I'm tempted to try this. Do you just cleanse with micellar on a cotton pad and rinse with water?
To be honest I don't even rinse with water, although I know some do. I use as many pads as it takes for my skin to be clear and then go ahead with my usual skincare. The only time I rinse my face is, in typical beef face mode, in the shower in the mornings :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Has anyone tried a LED mask thing? I can’t do nuface cos of dodgy chops. Saw the Beauty Maverick review on Current Body and it was positive.
That’s a shame about Nuface , do you mind me asking about your chops. I’m loaded with fillings from my youth and the gadget hasn’t caused me any grief ( only two days in mind).

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Glasses chains are everywhere at the moment, they seem to be a bit of a trend. I bought one for my sunglasses and I LOVE it ;)
I really like the look of that clip that someone posted earlier - it will be great for keeping my wedding ring secure when washing my hands in the loo. (I’ve already misplaced it once!)

what I really want is a chain for face masks. I’ve seen them in the us on IG but not here sadly

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Had never seen the Geri Halliwell resemblance before but I do now it has been pointed out. I have a feeling Sali wouldn't be delighted about it but Geri is also attractive

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I think my first Sali purchase was Philosykos. I still like it but don't wear it that often

Funnily enough, I remember the duds more: the Vichy serum that left my skin all flaky, the Ren beauty shot eye lift thingy. Will add more if I remember

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
One of the reasons i haven't bitten yet is that a few people reported worsened migraines. Also some people with deep metal fillings (I spent most of the 1960s eating Sherbet Lemons) experienced unpleasant jangling sensations. I have been trawling reviews most of today! As I'm one of those who always gets every side effect in the leaflet.
Thanks, good to know - I have loads of metal fillings so I think I'll give it a miss. (my wallet thanks you)

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I remember Sali called the Revlon lip butter in Candy Apple Red a "starter red lipstick" or similar

I also got Mac See Sheer lipstick, she referred to as a "Fisher Price lipstick". Waste of money, too sheer and an unflattering colour on me

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
I started following her after she was first mentioned on this thread and, ever influencable, started washing my face with manuka honey, doing yogurt facemasks and moisturising with rosehip oil. I was sceptical but I've had terrible cystic acne since I was 11 (22 years!) and I was on Roaccutane as well so I have more wrinkles than you'd expect on someone with such oily skin.

Anyway since using honey and oil only I haven't had a single spot and skin is starting to resemble that of a human rather than a rhino as previously.

TL;DR: I am a massive Jessica D stan
Oo please share your routine in more detail!

Gothamista mentioned a honey mask that I've ordered a sample of to try

(Can I ask why the roaccutane made you have more wrinkles, I've done 2 rounds 😬)

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I do have good brows, but I have my aunt to thank for that. I was a teenager in the 90's when plucking your eyebrows into oblivion was a thing and my aunt WARNED me not to touch them because she'd plucked hers into oblivion in the 60'a and 70's and they never grew back.

I do have horrible hooded eyes though :(
Also hooded eyes here 😕

• Sad

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I never knew aloe vera sensitivity was a thing! I'm v sensitive with allergies and eczema and my skin loves it. Applied some straight from the fridge yesterday after getting sunburnt (through Clinique SPF 50 mineral fluid :mad:) and it was bliss.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Invest in a Nuface instead!
I've been eyeing one for a while because Hot and Flashy raves about hers. The thing is I'm notoriously lazy and already have a bunch of rituals I am doing to try and save my severely thinning hair. Also the reviews I've seen have been pretty mixed. But maybe I'll have another think about it. How long does it take you to do your face?