Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosemarina

VIP Member
They’ve left now and I think there may be some bad feeling because neither of them have said where they’ve gone and no one at Hershshons have done the “bye, we’ll miss you so much!” thing. I like how they explain things on Instagram, they seem very talented. I do feel too old & fat (nb. I’m younger than Sali & a size 12 before India Knight uses this to call me a beef face) to go to them though. They only seem to cut 20 year old models hair.

I have been to Hersheshons (Not to see them) and it was good but not sure if it’s £150 good. Also, the constant freebies to shillers is a bit offputting. Does anyone remember when Sali had the “Bad Bob” cut by Luke Hersheson? She looked great but all her haircuts have looked good, she’s very attractive. People on the forum went and straight away booked the THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUND appointment with Luke and had exactly the same thing done. Some people copied everything she did, it was so weird
I remember that vividly. Some of them travel from abroad (pre-Covid) for their appointments, and they don’t appear to be loaded. It makes me kind of sad and embarrassed for them.

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I’ve bought Eve Lom in TK Maxx too - 4 face masks for £15.99 instead of £48. The branch in Hammersmith is good but I go to another branch in the sticks which also has good products. I think you have to go in with an open mind & accept you might or might not find something.
Amazing deal! I semi-regularly go to three different branches (and have done for years) and never find the kind of bargains (or brands) other people do. None are around London though, I do wonder if they're better and we don't get the good shit up North!

CocoCottesmore

Ah thanks!! I'll go and do some deep research on their website.

@CocoCottesmore I have the juicy mist - https://disciplelondon.com/collections/the-range/products/juicy-mist, I think that I have proper beefy skin as little seems to upset it. I have a few bits from the Disciple range, I like it all, the cleansing oil is delicious and I really love the night oil. Hope this helps - may be email Disciple through their website and see if they have any advice re sensitive skin or if they can send you a sample. They are a small brand and hopefully they would be happy to help x

They also put the product ingredients on their website, would that help you?

melfish

VIP Member
Yes! The HL HA products in the gold packaging both dried me out too. I stopped long before I read the article first go around. Ditto the TO ones

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I think my first Sali-influenced purchase was those foul, sticky Revlon Lip Butters. The Facebook group lost their collective mind over them.
View attachment 185281
These were probably one of my first Sali-influenced purchases as well, and I think I must be the only person here who actually loved (and still wears on occasion) Candy Apple! Unfortunately though, I also got a load of the other colours and apart from an orangey coral one they were uniformly shite. Never had any issues with the texture like most people here, but other than Candy Apple the colours weren't flattering on the whole. That was probably one of the first times I went mad for a product and bought stuff I didn't need with abandon.

I also got a few of the EL Pure Colour Envy lippies (decent, but no idea why I got the Intense Nude shade that Sali insisted was universally flattering when it looked awful on me), and some of the Too Faced lippies (also a nice formula but not great colours).

melfish

VIP Member
There was a few mentions of Nars Orgasm here, I absolutely love it. First tried it in my early 20s (so not influenced by Sali) and hated it but I decided to give it another go last year and it's the only blusher I've used since. The first day I wore it last year my boyfriend said I was "glowing"
I've still got my original one. Wonder if I should pull it out and have a play. How long before blusher goes off? :poop:

Simplemind

The Hada Labo super hydrator HA that lots rave about was awful for me - made my skin so tight. Same with a Timeless HA mist (picked up in T K Maxx - love that shop!). Chucked it out last week as just made my face soooo dry. So I can imagine why some say HA not so good. Molecule size 🤷‍♀️
For foundations ELDW is the best for me even though v dry. I think the look of it totally depends on what’s underneath it. I do have some other foundations but tend not to buy any new expensive ones anymore. I like the bare minerals stick and probably would like the BB one but not tried.

cholulamare

Chatty Member
(I only use ONE cleanser with water, an oil-based one).
I do this too, usually Simple oil or Clinique TTDO, and it works great for me (gets everything off in one go if I'm wearing makeup, leaves skin comfortable straight afterwards), but worried the constant washing with water is actually drying me out.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
This thread title is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I certainly never expected to be speculating about her glasses and yet here I am.

My speculation is this: is the ostentatious 'designer' branding knowingly, ironically vulgar or just vulgar?
Ah yes fondly remembering 90s Moschino...

Curio

Chatty Member
That's shit make up artist, right there. You can totally work with hoods if you know what you're doing.
Yes, it was a good ten years ago but it was like having my eyes opened (ha!) to a perceived flaw. I still don’t think many counter make up artists are trained in hooded eyes.

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Look fantastic have an “exclusive vip sale” on, code SECRET expires I think tonight? Anyone looking could see if nuface was ok and it worked for them?

RayRayJay

One of the reasons i haven't bitten yet is that a few people reported worsened migraines. Also some people with deep metal fillings (I spent most of the 1960s eating Sherbet Lemons) experienced unpleasant jangling sensations. I have been trawling reviews most of today! As I'm one of those who always gets every side effect in the leaflet.
Hmm. I'll hold off (for today anyway!)

Have you tried acupuncture for your migraines? It stopped mine altogether but I've not been able to have a treatment since lock down and have had 3 migraines since April.