Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Hi all. New poster here. Read most of these threads but had to register to tell you reading your comments has influenenced me to buy the nuface mini! Purchased from current body. Has 20% off and discount code JULMINI took another £20 off! £117 total (is hot pink tho). Think code runs out tomorrow.

Re: Sali, went off her with the whole "used squalane for years" and "i'm too cool to proper a mum". These threads make me laugh x
Oh my gosh. Might have to cancel my look fantastic and order the hot pink one!

Reactions: 1

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Just skimmed through it, there is some practical advice on handling masks, but How should I choose my mask: what’s the most flattering style?:rolleyes:
Obviously it should have CC on it, or at least LV. For a cheering and indulging option, consider a Birkin mask. Can't wait for resort collections of colostomy bags.
Remember to smile with your eyes. Is that a Tyra Banks smize?
What the actual?!

Warrend

Another Sali recommendation I've remembered. She repeatedly stated that she always used the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish so I decided to try it when I received a 30ml sample tube. Well, within days I had angry yellow spots all around my eyes and nose area.

Nothing else had changed with my skincare and I've always had blemish free skin so I could only put it down to the Liz Earle. I used it up to take the muck off my gardening hands.

Curio

Chatty Member
I thought the Soap & Glory body lotion was ok. The real standout from that range is the foot cream. Best I’ve ever tried and one of my very few re-purchases of anything.

The balm foundation didn’t come in a light enough colour for me and I’m not usually the lightest shade in foundation (maybe 2nd lightest).

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
They are by no means completely filled in. I will need brow product forever sadly. I look back at photos of old me and I had the best brows. So full and thick and dark. Until that "brow queen" told me they were too strong for my face 😭😭
I have never been blessed with hearty brows and will forever need at least 2 things to make them faux glorious

melfish

VIP Member
I started using a foundation brush after seeing that, and it does make it a whole lot less ... sticky. You don't need to keep washing your hands

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member
I really really hope her old articles for The Pool are archived somewhere so we can compare and contrast when the "repurposed" ones come out.

• Haha

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
If FF wasnt widening the diversity of the beauty journalism industry, I'm not sure her content would be enough to merit a column, her writing and recommendations are mehhh. She has such a beautiful smile though.

FreeSquirrels

Doesn’t the Guardian run off the back of something like AutoTrader?

All from Wikipedia
The Guardian Media Group's owner, the Scott Trust Endowment Fund, reported that its value at the time was £1.01 billion (2017: £1.03bn).[129]

The company via the Guardian Media Group (GMG, a subsidiary company) completed the sale for £619 million of its 50.1% stake in Auto Trader on 4 March 2014. Apax Partners, a venture capital firm, increased its share to become the sole shareholder in the business. The £619 million earned from the sale of Auto Trader adds to the £253.7 million of cash and investments which GMG published in its 2013 annual report. This leaves an investment fund which is likely to be in excess of £850 million to underwrite Guardian losses.[8]

• Wow

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Sorry to derail but someone on a previous thread mentioned botox for the jaw. Please tell me more. The sag has begun and I'm considering my options!

melfish

VIP Member
I can't justify the expense and up keep of injectables. And - each to their own, no judgement from me - but I haven't worked out the contradiction I have between wanting to age naturally versus finding certain signs of ageing upsettig. On one hand, my feminist belief that women shouldn't apolgise for ageing and my anger that women are made to feel an expensive cream is better self-care than an investment fund. On the other hand, I'm really self conscious of my jawline because I'm a product of a capitalist patriarchy.
This is me too

What happened with the brow queen and who was it?
She was in Sydney (Sharon Lee), and as far as I know she still has her luvvie brow business. Just checked. She does. Though her title has been usurped

Last edited:

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
Has anyone tried a LED mask thing? I can’t do nuface cos of dodgy chops. Saw the Beauty Maverick review on Current Body and it was positive.
I've found Andy's IG video. The originaFaceLite can be rebranded for retail, (eg the one I have is called Boost from the Light Salon, which is the same gadget underneath, by the same manufacturer but doesn't have the metallic pattern on the front. I bought mine from VH when there was an offer on). You can see the Cureent Body one is the same mask with their own branding and pattern superimposed - their price at the moment is very keen.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
This from her IG comments is so baffling. Does she now use "glow" interchangeably to mean actual glow, ie something more luminous, and looking more tanned? Can't decide if she's being disingenuous or really struggles that much to find the correct words.

Saw that Becca invisible foundation on an email, looks like a gimmick to me (from someone who wore Natural Collection clear mascara as actual mascara as a teenager)
She's used "glow" for tan before...I'm confused, too.

cholulamare

Chatty Member
It's not the same chain, but I must admit I thought exactly the same thing. Honestly, she's so nana with a touch of nerd (did I get it right?)
What difference(s) are you seeing? I can't see any from this picture, I know there were others but they're not on her stories any more.