Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get the need to be made up all the time - and I’m a former gtler from way back who was influenced to buy far too much and I would never go to work with no make up (the one time I did everyone asked if I was feeling ok) just because I prefer to wear it.

However working from home and on constant chime and teams calls - some days I’m made up some days I’m a complete mess with a baseball cap covering unwashed hair and sometimes I’m somewhere in the middle - washed and hair done but no make up. It really doesn’t affect how I do my job or how my colleagues think of me.

But I suppose they’ve got to try and keep selling to us somehow and convince us other people are as obsessed with our faces as we’re supposed to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Re: taking off makeup, ever since I saw Christy Turlington’s cleansing routine in this documentary, I have copied it and my skin is fantastic. Cream cleanser, wipe off with tissue, but extra on your lashes to make sure all the mascara is gone, tone with water, pat dry. Boom.

The whole documentary is worth a watch if you’re into your 90s supermodels (which I very much am). But skip to about 44mins 20secs to see what I’m on about.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Bit of a boring story really but here goes - I suffered with eczema on my eyelids for about 8 months a few years ago. They were very sore and skin was pink (people thought I was wearing pink eye shadow). Nothing I put on helped. In February I went to stay on a narrow boat in Belgium. Got there at midnight, super bloody freezing cold, boat hadn’t been heated in 4 mths. Damp bed clothes, took ages to warm up and sleep (if you haven’t nodded off, remember this was a holiday 😂). Woke up the next day and it had gone. I was amazed. The dampness really helped. I never had it so bad but did have some flare ups after and I put soaking wet cotton pads on my eyes to go to sleep. Haven’t had it back for quite a while now. I do believe it’s the level of moisture in the air and that’s something that we can’t control really. So, for all of that zzzz post I don’t know if it’s helpful.
Sooo helpful! I tend to get this really badly in Autumn/Winter when the heating gets switched on. Going to try this next time!

Reactions: 3
Remember when we were wondering if Sali and co had fallen out with Alexandra Heminsley? She’s liked this tweet (swear I didn’t go digging for this it just came up on my twitter feed whoever monitors for Sali)
32B2594B-DBFF-47F7-B9C2-6ECD87ECFEE7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Why doesn't she ask in Twitter or her Facebook group for ideas for columns? Would make them much more relevant.
Because Sali knows best? Also, hordes of fans DM her their questions and column requests. Allegedly.

Oh hang on... it’s because the brands set the agenda, not the readers!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Because Sali knows best? Also, hordes of fans DM her their questions and column requests. Allegedly.

Oh hang on... it’s because the brands set the agenda, not the readers!
Not to mention the Guardian, whatever will get them the most from affiliates

Reactions: 3
Just popped on to catch up. Absolutely absorbed by the beauty chat.
I have used Dr Sebagh's HA (because it was endlessly in the Liberty Advent Calendar) and that was always quite a good product for me. I have been so swayed by the beauty influencers, gurus, bloggers, whatever they want to call themselves (essentially salespeople) that I have more product than I think that I could ever use and so I made a decision to share it amongst my girlfriends. It brought me a weird level of joy.
I am just embarassed that I used to think that some of the bloggers used to buy this stuff themselves, I would literally think that they didn't eat because they were buying Sisley Black Rose Goop. I hang my head in shame! Then I realise that this is why we need ASA to moderate this sphere. There aren't many negative reviews out there ever, so it is quite hard to get a truly informed decision other than from groups like this I now find. Sorry, completely gone off topic. I apologise. How tall is Sali? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Remember when we were wondering if Sali and co had fallen out with Alexandra Heminsley? She’s liked this tweet (swear I didn’t go digging for this it just came up on my twitter feed whoever monitors for Sali)View attachment 178578
CM is definitely not a feminist

I'm still astounded she's suggesting that these foundations offer sun protection. Who slathers on foundation so much that it would be adequate? And what about your neck?

Last edited:
"How can we slather on something fast, with neither aptitude nor care, to make ourselves look instantly better, as though our complexions have seen more than a thimble of fresh air all week?"

That's so empowering, isn't it, telling people they need to apply a product to make them look better.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
"Neither aptitude?" WTF! Stop suggesting that applying foundation is something beyond peoples capabilities

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Her affiliate link for Very has one swatch photo available *sigh*. Either she didn't research what the link she posted would include, or she has moved on from full shade representation.

Are teenagers well known for having great skin? (This is a pet hate of mine, when fashion/beauty journos dismiss teen skin as inevitably glowing with youth, rather than just as varied a demographic as any other consumer group)

The Max factor one has weird shade system. I'd have no idea what order of darkness these go in: "Tan, Tan/Deep, Golden Tan, Medium/Tan, Golden Medium, Neutral Deep"

Hersshhhhswhatever sticking by their shillers in this difficult time.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I know for a certainty that even if I won the lottery I would never ever go to bloody Hersheson's. It's not even really their fault as I'm sure their service is wonderful, but their handing out of expensive free treatments for a mention or two is :sick:
I'd love to know what the staff (not owners) think about it all.

I know for a certainty that even if I won the lottery I would never ever go to bloody Hersheson's. It's not even really their fault as I'm sure their service is wonderful, but their handing out of expensive free treatments for a mention or two is :sick:
I'd love to know what the staff (not owners) think about it all.
I started following The Hair Bros on IG and quite liked the look of some of the cuts and the way they talked about hair. Then realised they were Hershesons and as you say, even if I could afford it i would never go there.

Reactions: 4
Her affiliate link for Very has one swatch photo available *sigh*. Either she didn't research what the link she posted would include, or she has moved on from full shade representation.

Are teenagers well known for having great skin? (This is a pet hate of mine, when fashion/beauty journos dismiss teen skin as inevitably glowing with youth, rather than just as varied a demographic as any other consumer group)

The Max factor one has weird shade system. I'd have no idea what order of darkness these go in: "Tan, Tan/Deep, Golden Tan, Medium/Tan, Golden Medium, Neutral Deep"

Hersshhhhswhatever sticking by their shillers in this difficult time.
Agree, the teen thing is a total myth and just perpetuates that youth is always better.

Reactions: 6
I started following The Hair Bros on IG and quite liked the look of some of the cuts and the way they talked about hair. Then realised they were Hershesons and as you say, even if I could afford it i would never go there.
They’ve left now and I think there may be some bad feeling because neither of them have said where they’ve gone and no one at Hershshons have done the “bye, we’ll miss you so much!” thing. I like how they explain things on Instagram, they seem very talented. I do feel too old & fat (nb. I’m younger than Sali & a size 12 before India Knight uses this to call me a beef face) to go to them though. They only seem to cut 20 year old models hair.

I have been to Hersheshons (Not to see them) and it was good but not sure if it’s £150 good. Also, the constant freebies to shillers is a bit offputting. Does anyone remember when Sali had the “Bad Bob” cut by Luke Hersheson? She looked great but all her haircuts have looked good, she’s very attractive. People on the forum went and straight away booked the THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUND appointment with Luke and had exactly the same thing done. Some people copied everything she did, it was so weird

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Well skelped arse is the phrase that comes to mind when I see pictures of Mrs Angry Scottish Midget. One for the Caledonian tattlers.

• Haha
£350??? duck sake.

I do remember the Whistles red leopard print dress they were all wetting themselves over though. Was that in the fb group or the forum? It wasn’t even that nice a dress.

• Haha
Yeah most teens I see and know either wear a mask of full insta makeup or nothing. She doesn't know what she is talking about. Maybe I’ll get on twitter and @ the Guardian.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well skelped arse sounds hilarious 😂 No idea what it means but it fits for the sound of it!

I still can’t shake the idea out of my head that I’ve been feeding a fungus that kept 💩ing on my face for YEARS! Checked all my skin care and all I’m left with is a facial oil, sunscreen and cleanser. 😩

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.