Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is incredibly bitchy but I thought the India Knight Hershesons photo was the before one!

I don't think it's an amazing advert for a hairdresser. Or perhaps it is because it's realistic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I started following The Hair Bros on IG and quite liked the look of some of the cuts and the way they talked about hair. Then realised they were Hershesons and as you say, even if I could afford it i would never go there.
LOVE THE HAIR BROS....

Reactions: 1
They’ve left now and I think there may be some bad feeling because neither of them have said where they’ve gone and no one at Hershshons have done the “bye, we’ll miss you so much!” thing. I like how they explain things on Instagram, they seem very talented. I do feel too old & fat (nb. I’m younger than Sali & a size 12 before India Knight uses this to call me a beef face) to go to them though. They only seem to cut 20 year old models hair.

I have been to Hersheshons (Not to see them) and it was good but not sure if it’s £150 good. Also, the constant freebies to shillers is a bit offputting. Does anyone remember when Sali had the “Bad Bob” cut by Luke Hersheson? She looked great but all her haircuts have looked good, she’s very attractive. People on the forum went and straight away booked the THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUND appointment with Luke and had exactly the same thing done. Some people copied everything she did, it was so weird
I remember that vividly. Some of them travel from abroad (pre-Covid) for their appointments, and they don’t appear to be loaded. It makes me kind of sad and embarrassed for them.

This is incredibly bitchy but I thought the India Knight Hershesons photo was the before one!

I don't think it's an amazing advert for a hairdresser. Or perhaps it is because it's realistic.
Did you not see the before picture? It’s on the IK thread. India turned up for her appointment with matted hair that hadn’t been washed for weeks. This was despite shilling a hair product several weeks back in her ST column that she proclaimed had left her hair silky.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Did you not see the before picture? It’s on the IK thread. India turned up for her appointment with matted hair that hadn’t been washed for weeks. This was despite shilling a hair product several weeks back in her ST column that she proclaimed had left her hair silky.
I'd say it was an autocorrrect and she meant to say crappy

• Haha
I'm puzzled by the photo of CM accompanying her article today. She's wearing a version of the Liz Hurley safety pin dress - but wearing it over a sturdy 'flesh' coloured shapewear garment. Is the shapewear supposed to be visible, or did someone forget to photoshop it out? And if it is supposed to be visible - why?

Apart from the shapewear it looks as if she's seriously trying to do a glam look - coiffed and made-up, chest out, haughty look. It's not as if the point is 'here's the scruffy lumpy me compared with the impossibly groomed and shaped KK'.

The photo caption says 'Caitlin Moran dressed as Elizabeth Hurley for a shoot this year'. Perhaps there was an earlier joked I missed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
She wore it for another piece, I’ll try & find it but it’ll be behind the paywall.

Article

It was on 6 March 2020

Reactions: 3
The Hurley picture here.
Amusingly hoiking up her tits like all good feminists.

Bit more here. I think it's infantilising. Do male columnists do this tit? Perhaps they do.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
The Hurley picture here.
Amusingly hoiking up her tits like all good feminists.
Subtletly has never been her hallmark.

I think part of the reason (the real) Liz Hurley looked so great in those pictures is that there was an unself-consciousness about it - no pouting and hoiking.

In all three pictures (Lady Gaga, LH, PW-B) the CM version completely misses the charm of the original.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Her affiliate link for Very has one swatch photo available *sigh*. Either she didn't research what the link she posted would include, or she has moved on from full shade representation.

Are teenagers well known for having great skin? (This is a pet hate of mine, when fashion/beauty journos dismiss teen skin as inevitably glowing with youth, rather than just as varied a demographic as any other consumer group)

The Max factor one has weird shade system. I'd have no idea what order of darkness these go in: "Tan, Tan/Deep, Golden Tan, Medium/Tan, Golden Medium, Neutral Deep"

Hersshhhhswhatever sticking by their shillers in this difficult time.
I'd be wearing that face shield going near IK even without COVID. Is that not the face of smugness though?

Agree, the teen thing is a total myth and just perpetuates that youth is always better.
When I think teen skin, I don't think youthful glow, I think hormonal upheaval. 20s, yes

• Haha
Oh my bleeping lord, Moran is so much worse than I knew. The video on that Times link from @FreeSquirrels... Her hubris is staggering. She also typecasts four-year-old girls into those who dream of weddings and those who dream of award ceremonies and revenge. Vile. (I have a free article a week sub, but can’t find the video on YouTube so can’t share the horror.)

I literally couldn’t get through the full article, but she calls herself “fat” repeatedly. WTF?! The hypocrisy.

BAA40842-0E51-4022-A25F-70C97D239FA8.jpeg

(She claims to have been asked before getting glammed up, “Aren’t you just dying of thrill?” 🤮 Perhaps she could help India out with the Mitford rehash?)

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
So that she could read comments like You're not fat, you're gorgeous etc.
I bet she’s been paid good money to write about how to avoid encouraging body dysmorphia and eating disorders in girls and daughters in particular. Repeatedly.

If she’s a feminist, I’m a frappuccino.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She wore it for another piece, I’ll try & find it but it’ll be behind the paywall.

Article

It was on 6 March 2020
Oh god her theatrics are nauseating to me. And that judgey, nonsense dichotomy about four-year-old girls ...

Why would anyone - ANYONE - look to CM or IK or SH, for that matter, and say, that's her, that's who I want to be?

It baffles me that you can be a grown-ass woman and have so little sense of self

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Oh my bleeping lord, Moran is so much worse than I knew. The video on that Times link from @FreeSquirrels... Her hubris is staggering. She also typecasts four-year-old girls into those who dream of weddings and those who dream of award ceremonies and revenge. Vile. (I have a free article a week sub, but can’t find the video on YouTube so can’t share the horror.)

I literally couldn’t get through the full article, but she calls herself “fat” repeatedly. WTF?! The hypocrisy.

View attachment 178940

(She claims to have been asked before getting glammed up, “Aren’t you just dying of thrill?” 🤮 Perhaps she could help India out with the Mitford rehash?)
Ugh she is hateful. She is actually getting worse. Who knew that was possible? And can she still brand herself as working class with the wealthy lifestyle she has had for a long time now?

And this is nice isn't it? Lauren Laverne giving an unknown teen a helping hand onto the music scene? Only Eaves Wilder is Caitlin Moran and Pete Paphides daughter. A fact none of them are mentioning :unsure:

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.