Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol I'm gonna sound like a total hippy crank but I promise just months ago (like March) I was fully on the Sunday Riley/acids all over my face train.

In the morning I just splash my face with water and put on factor 50 (Caroline Hirons would punch me in the ovaries for that).

At night I take any make up off with the rosehip oil then wet my face and clean it with a glob of manuka (I use this one but got it on sale for about £30, Manuka Dr always have great sales it seems - https://www.manukadoctor.co.uk/collections/manuka-honey/products/220-mgo-active-manuka-honey-500g).

Then I tone with a mix of apple cider vinegar, distilled water and rosewater. Then the rosehip oil again, then if I'm still dry a bit of Weleda skin food.

Once a week I mix natural yogurt, honey and turmeric and sit with it on for 15 mins and it seems to act like a bit of an exfoliant.

You probably won't get wrinkles the same but I spent my entire teens and early 20s horrified at the idea of putting moisturiser near my face as it was like a chip pan. So I probably didn't moisturise enough while on it and made them worse. All of the other females in my family have perfect skin so I was sadly lacking in guidance, ha.

Anyway, the honey thing sounded decidedly out there to me but I thought I had very little to lose as my skin hates salicylic acid and all the other harsh stuff. Seems to be working thus far... 🤞🏻
Hirons might have a tantrum but dermatologists often recommend just splashing the face with water in the morning. I find her obsession with cleansing completely and utterly bizarre.

Reactions: 7
Hirons might have a tantrum but dermatologists often recommend just splashing the face with water in the morning. I find her obsession with cleansing completely and utterly bizarre.
More product to shill to the masses. It's not enough to have one cleanser, you need a "wardrobe" for evening and morning

Reactions: 11
The Hada Labo super hydrator HA that lots rave about was awful for me - made my skin so tight. Same with a Timeless HA mist (picked up in T K Maxx - love that shop!). Chucked it out last week as just made my face soooo dry. So I can imagine why some say HA not so good. Molecule size 🤷‍♀️
For foundations ELDW is the best for me even though v dry. I think the look of it totally depends on what’s underneath it. I do have some other foundations but tend not to buy any new expensive ones anymore. I like the bare minerals stick and probably would like the BB one but not tried.

Yes! The HL HA products in the gold packaging both dried me out too. I stopped long before I read the article first go around. Ditto the TO ones

I never clean my face in the am, don't even splash it with water. I just put spf straight on. Like I don't shower am and pm either

Reactions: 6
I have dryness and flakiness too, and patches of eczema which I never had 4/5 years ago, but was combination when I was younger. The only thing that seems to properly calm it down is Weleda Skin Food, which I've seen Sali tell someone else with eczema is 'not bland enough' and she recommended CeraVe lotion instead (which I find fine, but not amazing). At the end of the day, she's not a dermatologist and shouldn't be telling people what they should and shouldn't be putting on their skin - especially when it's blanket statements like you 'can't' be sensitive to HA, which is actually really dangerous. Ugh, I'm getting angry now.

Anyway - going to stick to Skin Food, CeraVe SPF moisturiser and maybe squalene if needed and see where I'm at in a few weeks.

Thanks for the context on that article @NotDumbNotBlonde and @Disillusioned. amazing the power that advertisers have.
Bit of a boring story really but here goes - I suffered with eczema on my eyelids for about 8 months a few years ago. They were very sore and skin was pink (people thought I was wearing pink eye shadow). Nothing I put on helped. In February I went to stay on a narrow boat in Belgium. Got there at midnight, super bloody freezing cold, boat hadn’t been heated in 4 mths. Damp bed clothes, took ages to warm up and sleep (if you haven’t nodded off, remember this was a holiday 😂). Woke up the next day and it had gone. I was amazed. The dampness really helped. I never had it so bad but did have some flare ups after and I put soaking wet cotton pads on my eyes to go to sleep. Haven’t had it back for quite a while now. I do believe it’s the level of moisture in the air and that’s something that we can’t control really. So, for all of that zzzz post I don’t know if it’s helpful.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I'm leaning towards mascaras since nobody has been able to get their lashes done for ages, or did she do mascaras already? Says a lot that I forget what she's on about 5 minutes after I read it!

Reactions: 3
I too am baffled by this aggressive cleansing thing. I look at my face sometimes and think it's such a small square of leather to be attacked so much with various lotions and potions. Bizarre when you think about it. I never ever 'double' cleanse. I simply refuse to believe my face ever is *that* dirty even with full makeup. So what if it isn't squeaky clean Every. Single. Time.
I think face care can be over fetishized and made to be seen as incredibly complicated when it isn't - well, beauty journals and influencers tell us this (interestingly it really does just seem to be them as they are in love with products - when I read beauty routines or watch them on YT for models, actresses etc their routines are so pared down and quite simple).
I don't ever use water on my face apart from in the shower. I cleanse once with micellar water (a terrific one by Garnier), have done for years and guess what the sky hasn't fallen in. I tried muslins and hot cloth and it was brilliant at first but long term terrible, for me anyway. Far too drying and I don't even have dry skin. Even a muslin is too scratchy and abrasive. And I really do not have sensitive skin.
I also am wary of entirely trusting Sali, Hirons for example when we know they use Botox, fillers, derma whatever etc to correct skin problems whereas I can't afford it so have to be careful and treat my skin very carefully in a 'hands off' way. Which I have found suits me.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Haven't read it yet but do influencers not realise that most people use Microsoft teams for work, as someone pointed out before? Oh and guess what, you can also turn your camera off

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Budget foundations for surprise Zoom meetings. Well, I was right about the shoe-horning...

Whoever wrote the subhead clearly hasn’t got Sali’s memo that everyone has endless amounts of time now.

8EC82778-6195-4349-ACEF-193F094D694E.jpeg

And she’s still writing bollocks about sunscreen - the scant amount of protection supplied by a normal application of tinted moisturiser is not going to keep your skin safe in sun. (Hence the reference to sun damage, I guess?) It’s very irresponsible to keep implying that an SPF in your beauty products will protect you adequately, especially at this time of year.

FDE15015-5CEC-4657-95B7-520E4C9C8AF6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You lot do make me laugh, as I was just coming here to ask WHEN she will realise that most people with professional jobs don’t use Zoom (and those that do can only use a locked-down version that doesn’t allow for beauty filters and other bollocks like that). Has she never had a proper job in her life?

Reactions: 8
Why doesn't she ask in Twitter or her Facebook group for ideas for columns? Would make them much more relevant.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.