Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, they've carefully crafted a backstory that strategically omits the nepotism

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
She wore it for another piece, I’ll try & find it but it’ll be behind the paywall.

Article

It was on 6 March 2020
2 kinds of girl, those who dream of weddings and those who dream of using awards ceremonies to bitterly slag of people , am I missing something? I didn’t fall into either of these... wtf

• Angry
Reactions: 10
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
It's so dull and predictable isn't it? Why do these kids all want to be popstars or models or actors or journos? They rarely have whatever it was that made their parents interesting.

Reactions: 13
You do actually have to be fat (this is not an insult) to help with body shape visibility and fashion and getting rid of fatphobia. I’ve read CM say she is a size 14, the body positive/ radical fat movement don’t consider this fat because (well basically it isn’t) size 14 can be found in most clothing ranges.

She may mean fat in comparison to the showbiz/fashion world but it isn’t helpful. Just another instance of her getting in the way of other women (intersectional feminism is not her strong suite). And also yes, nice instance of privileged white women helping other privileged white women with the kid’s song there.

Reactions: 15
So many talented young musicians out there and these spoilt rich kids get it handed to them on a plate 😡 And then they pretend they made it on their own merit

• Angry
Reactions: 16
So many talented young musicians out there and these spoilt rich kids get it handed to them on a plate 😡 And then they pretend they made it on their own merit
I imagine they will say 'she isn't using her parent's name and did it all on her own'. But music journalist father, and family friend playing your record on a national station? As @melfish says it is nepotism no matter how they try to sugar coat it.

Reactions: 15
She did all those expensive music lessons with industry professionals all on her own!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I imagine they will say 'she isn't using her parent's name and did it all on her own'. But music journalist father, and family friend playing your record on a national station? As @melfish says it is nepotism no matter how they try to sugar coat it.
also, the fact she is ‘anonymous’ in these articles proves nothing. Both parents undoubtably plugging to their influential mates ad nauseam, but on the quiet. People, bands & solo artists work so hard to get a break their track played on a mainstream music station like 6Music, LL should be utterly ashamed.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Good morning, I ve been skulking around this thread since SH's epic rant last year. Anyhow, read this today and it reminded me of the essential premise and purpose of this thread. That's all...
Screenshot_20200712-103651_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Of course she sent it anonymously. Or maybe her dad asked him to listen to something he’d come across?
Eaves Wilder (@eaveswilder) Tweeted:
Radio 6 wakes me up every morning and Won’t You Be Happy just got played for the while you were sleeping track how wild!!!
Love you @laurenlaverne @BBC6Music :))) ❣‼ https://tattle.life/threads/19920/
The PR are really pushing the anonymously bit 😂. If it were actually true it could be seen as a bit creepy. Some old producer instantly replying to a 16 year olds request.

LL there..."she's a North Londoner"....what???!!! She's your best mate's daughter. duck off.

Also she needs to give her radio a wipe. Filthy...

10 bonus point for every media mention found of the #anonymously

Why would you need to be anonymous if you were just a random North London girl?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if Sali has stepped away from Twitter cos of what's going on with IK. I might be wrong and this could just be another stick to beat us with but it is strange she hasn't tweeted much at all since.

Reactions: 9
CM and PP's daughter's single was on Radio 1 before it was released too courtesy of another of mum's friends.

20200712_143331.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I've listened to the single and I have my opinions on it but I'm not going to share them here. She's a 16 year old girl and I'm sure you will all agree we don't want to see this turn into an attack on her. But I think long term they are doing her a disservice in trying to hide her lineage. Nepotism happens in the music industry. Admittedly usually through actual musical artists having kids rather than music journalists. I understand how frustrating that must be for new artists trying to break in who have no contacts. I think the plan may be that when it becomes more widely known who her parents are they can say,"Ah but no one knew who she was in the beginning so she made it on her own." Maybe most punters don't but the majority of music insiders must know who she is. It will look contrived. I know there's a damned if you do/don't argument but I think it's better to be .....pretty honest.....boom boom tsk. This is the SH thread FFS.
Anyway she's 16 and I wish her no ill but I think querying the anonymous PR line is fair play.

I post this before we all get attacked for supposedly piling on the poor daughter.

Reactions: 19
With the internet it's hard to hide these things. I'm definitely not a music insider but I would have guessed even though she changed her surname. CM has used her family as material for decades, so her first name would be known by anyone who read CM's columns. A random 16 year old being produced by Stephen Street and promoted by Lauren Laverne and Nadine Shah would arouse suspicion and it doesn't take much digging.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think anyone’s blaming the girl at all. She’s only a kid and isn’t masterminding her own career. Her name isn’t Eaves though, is it? I’m guessing Evie? I don’t know CM’s kid’s names.

But nepotism... ugh I hate it. And the dishonesty of the likes of LL accidentally-on-purpose forgetting to mention she’s known this girl since she was little.

I hate the way that literally every young up-and-coming person in the public eye (be it TV/radio presenter, actor, model) is the child of a celeb. Nepotism has always existed but it just seems so endemic now. There used to be opportunities for working class people to be discovered and make it big if they were talented enough. I’m not sure that’s true anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.