Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone used that Nars tinted moisturiser she talks about? The Pure Radiant one? I never buy stuff like this - or foundation - because I haven't a clue about my skintone and all the self-tests to determine it are beyond me

I quite like it because it’s really easy to use and lasts well. It has a bit of a citrusy scent though that I could do without. And the coverage is rather dense for a tinted moisturiser. Not heavy or cakey at all, but more than I expect from a tinted moisturiser. I find it perfect for work.
So true what you said about colour matching. Don’t know how people get it right when ordering online, I had my colour matched on a counter.
Sorry @melfish !!!! No idea what I did wrong but my reply now appears inside your original post.
Banana fingered AND beef faced! 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Lol mine’s full of Charlotte Tilbury ADs ... I don’t even like her makeup either . Apart from the Audrey pencil that Sali put me on to which is very very good.

I get ads that show a lemon being squeezed into an ear. 🤣🤢

Now you would be a challenge to shade match...
Well, Sali did say the shades leaned towards yellow! 😂😂 Would have to get the raw beef hue from a rosy gold highlighter. It’s not easy being two-toned.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That Nars tinted moisturiser is really good. And she speaks words of truth, it does skew a bit yellow but settles. It’s one of the best bases though, in my opinion

I was colour matched by Sali, back in the day, and it was way too dark. I stuck with it because I thought she must know better than me (& every other MUA I’ve ever met) I trust myself a lot more now. Also, I remember I queued for ages for her to colour match me. Cringing at myself!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Any influencer who makes a cursory post about George Floyd/BLM then immediately resumes normal service is going on my tit list. Just goes to show they don't understand their privilege and haven't made any attempt to do so. Would it really hurt them that much to be silent for a few days?
absolutely!

The many varied responses to this vileness across insta — from absolute silence, to badly articulated white saviourism, to complete bandwagon jumping are painful. But yes, special disdain for those described above.

swipe on up!

Reactions: 6
Has anyone used that Nars tinted moisturiser she talks about? The Pure Radiant one? I never buy stuff like this - or foundation - because I haven't a clue about my skintone and all the self-tests to determine it are beyond me
yes, I use this and absolutely love it. Mine doesn’t skew yellow (but I’m literally shade 0, so maybe it needs to oxidise a bit on me? ) one of my few constant repurchases!

Reactions: 3
Whaaat, could you give some context?
Epstein's 'Little Black Book' - from which the above screenshot is taken - has recently been published by hackivists Anonymous. They have also leaked court documents that further expose Epstein's links to Trump and the latter's sexual abuse of children and subsequent large payouts to families in civil cases. I found the link to the full document on another thread on this site (either 'Secret Celebrity Gossip' or the Trump thread I think, maybe both [these are in the 'Celebrity' section]). It is also easily available if you Google it.

The 'Little Black Book' looks like Epstein's address book, featuring phone numbers and email addresses of people who he was in contact with (these have been partly redacted). It seems that these people aren't necessarily implicated in wrongdoing - there are also, for instance, phone numbers for hotels and chefs that Epstein used - but it is likely that people in the book had a fairly close relationship with Epstein, some I'm sure more than others, and may well have known how he operated.

• Wow
Oh she had a right "nervy" towards those that begged to differ with her on that one!!
I remember the doo-dah about sleeping with your bra on and thinking it was.. odd. I'm a larger size than she says she is and have never worn a bra to sleep in.

On the issue of influencers actually doing something helpful - I was surprised and pleased to see that Trinny has posted her support for Black Lives Matter (I saw this on FB) and made a donation.

Eta: just seen she was in Epstein's black book! Not good.

Last edited:
That Nars tinted moisturiser is really good. And she speaks words of truth, it does skew a bit yellow but settles. It’s one of the best bases though, in my opinion

I was colour matched by Sali, back in the day, and it was way too dark. I stuck with it because I thought she must know better than me (& every other MUA I’ve ever met) I trust myself a lot more now. Also, I remember I queued for ages for her to colour match me. Cringing at myself!
Oh, she cannot colour match to save her life. The shades she was using in her latest video were too dark, even when demonstrated on her hand. It was cringeworthy.

@zcfthc5 in the last thread you said something along the lines of "mousey brown" was a flattering cool brown on most caucasians who have that colour of hair.

It has really stuck with me and has made me look forward to my current colour fully growing out so I can be flattered by my natural colour. Hoping all the greys I've unknowingly acquired will add some interest too.

Just wanted to say thank you because I know it's just hair colour but it's made a big difference to how I view and feel about myself. A very minor form of acceptance with has the additional benefits of saving me time and money at the hairdresser from now on.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Is this an actual thing? Why god why would you sleep in a bra? I'm not going to put my bra size here (let's just say I shop at Bravissimo) and that sounds like actual torture. Je ne comprends pas.

Thank you @Analina, I'm also interested in your dermatologist experience - how you found one, how many times you had to see them, and the cost (if you don't mind!) My skin is a mess at the moment (in particular eczema/dermatitis flare-ups on eye area that I never used to get in summer, but also I've recently started getting mild breakouts which I haven't had since I was a teenager) and I was thinking of using one of the online dermatologist services that SH recommended in a column a few months ago, before I thought about it more/ discovered this thread/ realised my money would probably be better spent going to an actual dermatologist 😂

Edited to add: If anyone else has experience with dermatologists, online dermatologist services, or facial eczema - talk to me please! :)
Try Elave. It sorted my friends exzema out on her eyelids that she’d had for a long time xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@zcfthc5 in the last thread you said something along the lines of "mousey brown" was a flattering cool brown on most caucasians who have that colour of hair.

It has really stuck with me and has made me look forward to my current colour fully growing out so I can be flattered by my natural colour. Hoping all the greys I've unknowingly acquired will add some interest too.

Just wanted to say thank you because I know it's just hair colour but it's made a big difference to how I view and feel about myself. A very minor form of acceptance with has the additional benefits of saving me time and money at the hairdresser from now on.
That's made me so happy on an otherwise gloomy day!
We should rebrand mousey hair! Cute harvest mousey hair? http://www.storytrender.com/18321/flower-beds-harvest-mice-sleep-tulip-petals/
Or savvy brown Jerry mouse outsmarting big nasty influencing Tom cat?
Or :m dancing mushroom taupe hair :m
The greys reflecting in the sun are just grown up glitter

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh, she cannot colour match to save her life. The shades she was using in her latest video were too dark, even when demonstrated on her hand. It was cringeworthy.
We know she can't colour match her under eye concealer, so I suppose we shouldn't expect she can colour match TM either!

Try Elave. It sorted my friends exzema out on her eyelids that she’d had for a long time xx
Thank you I will give this a go!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.