Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@anelu

A size 8 but with tits so big she has to sleep in a bra
Is this an actual thing? Why god why would you sleep in a bra? I'm not going to put my bra size here (let's just say I shop at Bravissimo) and that sounds like actual torture. Je ne comprends pas.

I hope I have been somewhat helpful - everyone deserve good skin- and we all would have if we saved our money and did not waste it on the latest trends.

:)
I hope this helps,
Thank you @Analina, I'm also interested in your dermatologist experience - how you found one, how many times you had to see them, and the cost (if you don't mind!) My skin is a mess at the moment (in particular eczema/dermatitis flare-ups on eye area that I never used to get in summer, but also I've recently started getting mild breakouts which I haven't had since I was a teenager) and I was thinking of using one of the online dermatologist services that SH recommended in a column a few months ago, before I thought about it more/ discovered this thread/ realised my money would probably be better spent going to an actual dermatologist 😂

Edited to add: If anyone else has experience with dermatologists, online dermatologist services, or facial eczema - talk to me please! :)

Reactions: 2
Is this an actual thing? Why god why would you sleep in a bra? I'm not going to put my bra size here (let's just say I shop at Bravissimo) and that sounds like actual torture. Je ne comprends pas.

Thank you @Analina, I'm also interested in your dermatologist experience - how you found one, how many times you had to see them, and the cost (if you don't mind!) My skin is a mess at the moment (in particular eczema/dermatitis flare-ups on eye area that I never used to get in summer, but also I've recently started getting mild breakouts which I haven't had since I was a teenager) and I was thinking of using one of the online dermatologist services that SH recommended in a column a few months ago, before I thought about it more/ discovered this thread/ realised my money would probably be better spent going to an actual dermatologist 😂

Edited to add: If anyone else has experience with dermatologists, online dermatologist services, or facial eczema - talk to me please! :)
Yeah she went off on a Twitter rant ages ago about how she sleeps with her bra on and I vaguely recall something like if women sleep without their bra they probably are small in that area. Basically a humblebrag about her tits

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah she went off on a Twitter rant ages ago about how she sleeps with her bra on and I vaguely recall something like if women sleep without their bra they probably are small in that area. Basically a humblebrag about her tits
Her 30G boobs don't you know

Agreed, Disillusioned. I have so many issues with her white feminism. It took Sali nearly a week to post about George Floyd. That's some delayed outrage. Also, her subtle advocacy of viewing the footage of his death to 'know' - is that because she wouldn't believe black people's accounts of their oppression unless she herself sees it? Ugh. And then in her next post back to cheerily exhorting overpriced bleeping make up.
Any influencer who makes a cursory post about George Floyd/BLM then immediately resumes normal service is going on my tit list. Just goes to show they don't understand their privilege and haven't made any attempt to do so. Would it really hurt them that much to be silent for a few days?

On a more positive note: Why not shout out some brands/influencers who are doing something tangible and positive? Glossier doing the right thing 👏

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Oh she had a right "nervy" towards those that begged to differ with her on that one!!

Reactions: 2
For anyone who wants an antidote to the SH videos can I recommend Trinny?

I used to watch her when she first started and was the only one who talked about the cosmetic procedures she'd had. Not only talked about them but filmed herself having Botox, PRP, laser treatments etc - even colonic irrigation.

I haven't been following her so much lately but I watched one of her videos recently and it struck me that she was the opposite of SH - unrehearsed, unpolished, no vanity, no commercial partnerships, genuinely informative, not just product-driven.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I have very large boobs (a friend at uninonce saw one of my bras and was shocked at the size of it). I very rarely sleep in a bra and usually only if I doze off on the sofa. Bras are too expensive to sleep in, get a "supported' vest top to sleep in if you think they are flailing everywhere at night. Christ

Reactions: 1
I think the sleeping in a bra conceit is just an attempt to be a bit Sex And The City. Carrie always, always slept in a bra.

(Carrie had long been an advocate for squalene sleeping in a bra.)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
For anyone who wants an antidote to the SH videos can I recommend Trinny?

I used to watch her when she first started and was the only one who talked about the cosmetic procedures she'd had. Not only talked about them but filmed herself having Botox, PRP, laser treatments etc - even colonic irrigation.

I haven't been following her so much lately but I watched one of her videos recently and it struck me that she was the opposite of SH - unrehearsed, unpolished, no vanity, no commercial partnerships, genuinely informative, not just product-driven.
I used to follow her, but I had to stop because I just found her absolutely exhausting!
I go on for a look every now and then, but all I can see is the white rabbit legging it about the place.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I used to follow her, but I had to stop because I just found her absolutely exhausting!
I go on for a look every now and then, but all I can see is the white rabbit legging it about the place.
Same here. I applaud her approach - her energy and being unashamedly herself - but I have to be in the mood.

I like Trinny but I agree ...in small doses! But she MUST have a huge Zara discount surely. She does so many hauls and before lockdown was always filming in their store.

Were you one of the lucky ones to be be watching the live when Saatchi's bare arse wandered past?!

• Sick
I like Trinny but I agree ...in small doses! But she MUST have a huge Zara discount surely. She does so many hauls and before lockdown was always filming in their store.

Were you one of the lucky ones to be be watching the live when Saatchi's bare arse wandered past?!
I don't know that she has a Zara discount. At the outset they used to try to stop her filming in the shop but now they clearly go out of their way to accommodate her. She's always - from What Not to Wear days - been a huge Zara fan and I think it make sense to use it for her videos as Zara is world-wide like her audience.

No I wasn't. Thank goodness.

Sorry. Off topic but I know you all love a Hemmo post. She's off one one about the Hoopers on her stories.
I know Hemmo was quoting someone else, but I hate it when people use “yt” (whitey) as an insult.

I’m not crying reverse racism, because it doesn’t exist. And I accept that people of colour have plenty of very legitimate issues with white people. I still think it’s a low blow, criticising white women for existing. Same as “Karen” is now the acceptable face of misogyny.

I think the sleeping in a bra conceit is just an attempt to be a bit Sex And The City. Carrie always, always slept in a bra.

(Carrie had long been an advocate for squalene sleeping in a bra.)
I always just assumed that was for modesty/ contractual non- nude scenes etc for SJP. Never really thought anyone actually slept in their bra. Come on Sali - you're supposed to know all about writing and media.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I know Hemmo was quoting someone else, but I hate it when people use “yt” (whitey) as an insult.

I’m not crying reverse racism, because it doesn’t exist. And I accept that people of colour have plenty of very legitimate issues with white people. I still think it’s a low blow, criticising white women for existing. Same as “Karen” is now the acceptable face of misogyny.
If that’s the only race-based ‘insult’ we have to worry about, I think complaining about it is frankly insulting to POC.

I do object to white men jumping on the Karen bandwagon just to flex their misogyny.

rant of the day

- Beauty Pie posted a generic BLM post saying they are about love, democracy, equality etc
- - Woc tells BP their shade range doesn't include her
- - - Beauty Pie says they can't afford to expand beyond 14 shades yet, as due to their 5000 minimum order quantities they would risk sending stuff to landfil.
- - - - Beauty Pie deletes comments about race, after wanting to start a 'conversation' from BLM.
#SALISENTME

meanwhile glossier just donated $1mill...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.