Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This really, really isn't meant to be a humblebrag but as someone who is a very similar size that is absolute horseshit. Bella Freud size 8 jumper with 30Gs? Sure, Jan.
I'm a size 8 (not a humblebrag) and have very small tits. So how would someone who has G cup tits be the same size? It makes no sense

Reactions: 3
I'm a size 8 (not a humblebrag) and have very small tits. So how would someone who has G cup tits be the same size? It makes no sense
I can’t comment on being a size 8 as I haven’t been that size probably since I was actually 8 years old, but I know that once I got a proper bra fitting I dropped 2 dresses on top size overnight. Had been wearing 22s and went down to an 18.

Reactions: 1
Is this an actual thing? Why god why would you sleep in a bra? I'm not going to put my bra size here (let's just say I shop at Bravissimo) and that sounds like actual torture. Je ne comprends pas.

Thank you @Analina, I'm also interested in your dermatologist experience - how you found one, how many times you had to see them, and the cost (if you don't mind!) My skin is a mess at the moment (in particular eczema/dermatitis flare-ups on eye area that I never used to get in summer, but also I've recently started getting mild breakouts which I haven't had since I was a teenager) and I was thinking of using one of the online dermatologist services that SH recommended in a column a few months ago, before I thought about it more/ discovered this thread/ realised my money would probably be better spent going to an actual dermatologist 😂

Edited to add: If anyone else has experience with dermatologists, online dermatologist services, or facial eczema - talk to me please! :)
You could try Elave. It worked for my friend who had v severe eczema on her eyelids for years.

I think the answer is that she may be a size 8 in most places - shoulders, waist, hips - but a size 12-ish across the bust.

I'm similiarly sized/shaped and what it means in practice is that you're limited to wearing certain types of clothing. Like SH I'm very fond of a jumper - it can be small enough to fit on the shoulders but stretchy enough to fit across the bust. On the other hand, I can't wear a fitted shirt - if it fits on the shoulders it won't do up across the bust.

Very well written. For me, the time during lockdown has made me see so many of these beauty instafloggers for what they really are. I've unfollowed quite a few.
last night I unfollowed SEVENTY instafloggers/cuntent creators/#giftedlife bloggers and I don’t know why I’ve sat and consumed their bullshit for so long, especially during lockdown! I hope brands wake up and see these people can actually do more harm than good for their brands.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The boob thing is possible. Your cup size is in relation to your back size so a 28G (for example) has smaller cups than a 34G.
Yeah but a G cup is still bigger than a B cup (which is what I am) so I don't understand how a size 8 jumper would fit the two of us. But I am beefy faced and clueless

Reactions: 2
Oh, she cannot colour match to save her life. The shades she was using in her latest video were too dark, even when demonstrated on her hand. It was cringeworthy.
Imho I think that she has been looking very orange recently. She has gone in a strange direction considering she was self declared ultra pale ( nobody paler, fairest in the world) a few years back.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think it may be that a different measuring system is being used. Some places now don't do the traditional adding 4/5" to your underband measurement so a 30 is what was previously a 34. The cup still determined by the difference between the under bust measurement and the bust measurement so an old 32DD becomes a 28G, previously 34D is now a 30FF (I think that's right). I've been a size 8 and a 32DD in the past.
Idk 🤷‍♀️ if that's the case, just a guess.

Yeah but a G cup is still bigger than a B cup (which is what I am) so I don't understand how a size 8 jumper would fit the two of us. But I am beefy faced and clueless
A 30G bust measures 38-39 inches (I've just looked it up). My bust measures 38 inches and there is no way I'd get into a size 8 if the top-half was close fitting and non-stretchy.

I do though have size 8 jumpers which fit me fine because of the stretch - and fit better than a larger size because they fit on the shoulders.

What wouldn't fit me (or someone with a 30G bust) is a size 8 fitted shirt or dress or tailored jacket (sadly). In fact I couldn't wear a fitted shirt/dress/jacket in any size because if they fitted on the bust they wouldn't fit on the shoulders.

SH seems to wear mostly jumpers/sweatshirts or loose smock type dresses. Only jacket I've noticed her wearing is one that fastens with a single button at the waist (and gapes across the bust).

That makes sense @Aude !

Could I ask a question for the prescription retinoid users? I heard that mouth and sides of nose should be avoided, is that true?

Imho I think that she has been looking very orange recently. She has gone in a strange direction considering she was self declared ultra pale ( nobody paler, fairest in the world) a few years back.
She’s definitely been ‘warming herself up a bit’, which used to be absolutely forbidden.
Suggested only by the most clueless of counter staff...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Miriam Margolyes here again - just to add, G sounds behemoth-like because during the 70s and 80s we were brain washed into believing DD was impossibly huge wank bank fodder. It’s all relative - as described above - when I was first measured properly I went from an uncomfortable, ill fitting M&S 36C to a Bravissimo32F - the M&S cups had more material, just kind of shallower/ flattened me out - so I looked like had 2 dinner plates strapped to the front of me.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk (I can be found spaffing on about this all over the place).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She’s definitely been ‘warming herself up a bit’, which used to be absolutely forbidden.
Suggested only by the most clueless of counter staff...
It was hilarious how she used to make out she was the palest of the pale, as she was never especially pale.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It was hilarious how she used to make out she was the palest of the pale, as she was never especially pale.
Her pale recommendations were never pale enough for me. And I'm not the palest.

That makes sense @Aude !

Could I ask a question for the prescription retinoid users? I heard that mouth and sides of nose should be avoided, is that true?
It's not an absolute, but excess is likely to gather there so with extra facial movement potential irration/flakiness is exacerbated. I stick some moisturizer around my nostrils before applying tret to dilute it / prevent makeup peeling off there

Her pale recommendations were never pale enough for me. And I'm not the palest.

It's not an absolute, but excess is likely to gather there so with extra facial movement potential irration/flakiness is exacerbated. I stick some moisturizer around my nostrils before applying tret to dilute it / prevent makeup peeling off there
Yeah exactly, she said she was a 3 in that Givenchy Teint Couture balm she raves about (I love it also, to be fair to her it was a good recommendation). The 1 is what I wear and even that is a tiny bit too dark

That's a great tip about the moisturizer, thanks for that!

Miriam Margolyes here again - just to add, G sounds behemoth-like because during the 70s and 80s we were brain washed into believing DD was impossibly huge wank bank fodder. It’s all relative - as described above - when I was first measured properly I went from an uncomfortable, ill fitting M&S 36C to a Bravissimo32F - the M&S cups had more material, just kind of shallower/ flattened me out - so I looked like had 2 dinner plates strapped to the front of me.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk (I can be found spaffing on about this all over the place).
Thanks for this Miriam! I have pretty big tits but I think people would be surprised that I am a G/HH cup because once you’re in the right fitting bra they don’t look like comedy-massive sized!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.