Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone used that Nars tinted moisturiser she talks about? The Pure Radiant one? I never buy stuff like this - or foundation - because I haven't a clue about my skintone and all the self-tests to determine it are beyond me

If that’s the only race-based ‘insult’ we have to worry about, I think complaining about it is frankly insulting to POC.

I do object to white men jumping on the Karen bandwagon just to flex their misogyny.
Agree. The Karen thing was never about misogyny initially, it was convenient shorthand for a specific prototype of white middle-class privileged women who use 911 like their personal bodyguard (and complain a lot about people they perceive as beneath them). Re the "whyte" thing, that is purely to get around being banned on social media. On facebook, posts using "white people" get flagged

Complaining about the use of Karen (how ironic) and comparing it to the N word is just beyond ignorant

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Hemmo‘s raging today aye?

I love Trinny’s style and I think she’s funny and lively and doesn’t take herself too seriously but, yes, I like my beauty intake to be soothing and calming - Katie Jane Hughes, Hannah Martin (not sure lovely old Hannah’s on it with the #gifted stuff but still) and Trinny is A Lot.

I don’t think SH likes her tits, she has said they cause her pain which is code for make me look fat. I’m not sure it’s all that good for you to wear a bra in bed, bralettes are ok I think. I know everyone has their own aches and pains, but I am of Miriam Margolye proportions (and demeanour) and have never had an ounce of back pain. I know a lot of big titted women ( we all know each other, it’s a club) and they’re the same - no back pain. It’s about appearing dumpy - reduction I mean which I believe Huze has mentioned.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh god, Trinny is ... a LOT, isn't she? She used to be quite calm the last time I saw her on that judgey clothing show in the naughts

Reactions: 2
Has anyone used that Nars tinted moisturiser she talks about? The Pure Radiant one? I never buy stuff like this - or foundation - because I haven't a clue about my skintone and all the self-tests to determine it are beyond me
You sound like you’re dangerously close to being influenced...? 😬 Have a cold shower and slap on some lard!!

ETA: in case you do decide to buy, your shade is most likely ‘Beef: medium rare’. You’re welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
You sound like you’re dangerously close to being influenced...? 😬 Have a cold shower and slap on some lard!!
I really am. This page is full of NARS ads now. Is $45 and I don't really need it

Thank you for knocking some sense into me, @Disillusioned. Influenced by Sali during a pandemic/revolution/depression. Good grief

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Lol mine’s full of Charlotte Tilbury ADs ... I don’t even like her makeup either . Apart from the Audrey pencil that Sali put me on to which is very very good.

• Haha
I have it, no complaints, would consider repurchasing (if I still cant find the perf tinted suncream)
What's stopping me at this point is I don't know which shade I am. I can't tell if my veins are green or blue even.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What's stopping me at this point is I don't know which shade I am. I can't tell if my veins are green or blue even.
I edited my post. HTH...

ETA: in case you do decide to buy, your shade is most likely ‘Beef: medium rare’. You’re welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I KNOW!!!!!!! ME TOO... I genuinely do not understand that. That might mean you’re neutral? AKA Sit on the fence until you get splinters up your arse...

Oh actually there’s a good website which can tell you which shade you might be called Findation.... if you have a few good shades / matches you already own from Other brands you can input it and it tells you what shade you’re likely to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Sit on the fence until you get splinters up your arse...
That would be a first

If you have a few good shades / matches you already own from Other brands you can input it and it tells you what shade you’re likely to be.
I really don't. I have never been colour-matched by a wizard like Sali

People tell me I have olive skin?? I tan easily. But I am Polish/Irish, so I dunno

• Haha
You can be olive skinned as an undertone and be quite pale to begin with (I have both blue and green veins depending on where you look at on my arm)

This video changed everything (apologies if you're not actually olive, Melfish!)

• Heart
She’s made a big announcement regarding the issues with racism in the US and UK, she was very passionate and I didn’t see the beginning of it but I got the idea that she will not be working with any brands that do not
make a stand against issue and will be donating the profits of her double cleanse from PIXI to various charities that actively work against eradicating racism and other discrimination. I didn’t see all of it but that’s the general vibe I’ve got from it. She was very particular when she call out influencers “selling” at this time and called the IG squares ‘prime retail estate’ and also said if you’ve put a 15 second video on your stories (as an influencer) then you need to put your big girl / boy pants on and say something on the main grid.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.